Steam - Left 4 Dead 1/2/Bundle - 66% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Birbo']Man, someone talk me out of buying these! I already have 1 & 2 on the 360 and have no friends that do any sort of PC gaming. My backlog is ginormous and I suck with mouse/keyboard controls. Are the graphics much better than on the PC? Something just so enticing about double-dipping on these. Damn my weak will![/QUOTE]
You can use a 360 controller instead of keyboard & mouse, you know...:cool:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']You can use a 360 controller instead of keyboard & mouse, you know...:cool:[/QUOTE]

I said talk me OUT of it, dammit!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I would join the CAG steam community if you haven't already.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CAG

After that just look for people to play and let them know you're just starting out and you should be good to go. My steam name evildeadjedi1981 go ahead and add me if you want and I hope to play this evening (depending on if I can install since the servers are getting pounded right now).[/QUOTE]

How do you join this community?

[quote name='cheapo72']Make sure to stop by eastx's L4D 4-Pack Thread.
[/QUOTE]

Just in case anyone missed it in this thread I posted about hosting a L4D1 4-pack.

$5.10 per person with paypal only please

I've got one so far so we're waiting for two others.

Does anyone know how long the sale lasts? Till tomorrow at noon eastern?

edit: It's absolutely amazing how many people use the internet that cannot read. I got 5 emails, 4 were from people interested in L4D2 packs, not L4D1.

Disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I saw this mentioned, but anyone know when/if L4D1 is getting a Mac port? I'd like to get the bundle if they're both going to be on Mac.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Don't think I saw this mentioned, but anyone know when/if L4D1 is getting a Mac port? I'd like to get the bundle if they're both going to be on Mac.[/QUOTE]

from l4d.com

Sorry Left 4 Dead owners, the Mac version is coming but we are running a little late. We hope to have it out in time to celebrate Halloween on the Mac. When released, L4D1 Mac players will receive the same great treatment. All the previous released updates and DLC for free and the ability to play an extensive library of community content. More information on the release date as it nears.

[quote name='Birbo']I said talk me OUT of it, dammit![/QUOTE]

Heh...I know, but if I can't control my spending, no one needs to! :twisted:

Anything worth in L4D1 worth buying it - other than just to play the campaign.

I have L4d1 and L4D2 on 360, just bought the L4D2 version of the PC.

I really wanted L4D2 on the 360, but for less than $7 this is too good to pass up (lol and at this price it's actually cheaper than buying just the DLC on live, how pathetic :/). I have the original on PC and 360 so I'll probably still get the 360 version of L4D2 eventually when I find it cheaper. :p

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Heh...I know, but if I can't control my spending, no one needs to! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Well, you'll be happy to know I caved and bought L4D2 (but exerted a bit of self-control and didn't get the 2-pack). And chances are I'll end up buying the new DLC for the 360 too since my buddy has that version.

[quote name='kilm']from l4d.com

Sorry Left 4 Dead owners, the Mac version is coming but we are running a little late. We hope to have it out in time to celebrate Halloween on the Mac. When released, L4D1 Mac players will receive the same great treatment. All the previous released updates and DLC for free and the ability to play an extensive library of community content. More information on the release date as it nears.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Wonder how long the "limited time" for the sale is?

(Ahh crap, as I look at the requirements, I think I'd have to upgrade my video card anyway. Guess I'm passing. Boo hoo.)

[quote name='Dranakin']How do you join this community?[/QUOTE]

Oops, I forgot it's invite only, send me a friend request to evildeadjedi on Steam and I will send you an invite.

The sale ends at 4pm pacific standard time today.

[quote name='Birbo']Well, you'll be happy to know I caved and bought L4D2 (but exerted a bit of self-control and didn't get the 2-pack). And chances are I'll end up buying the new DLC for the 360 too since my buddy has that version.[/QUOTE]
Ha! Then my work is done here...now I'm off to help other people ignore that pesky inner voice telling them not to spend money! :rofl:

Excellent deal, and I find the graphics MUCH better than the Xbox 360, especially all maxed out, which is fairly easy to do now-a-days with a modest system.

I ended up picking up both.

If anyone wants to add me on their Steam list, I'll be curious to try out both games eventually.

gwhinwi

my friend just missed the sale. it was still on mid day today, and now it's over. I figured they would have gone till at least friday

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Oops, I forgot it's invite only, send me a friend request to evildeadjedi on Steam and I will send you an invite.

The sale ends at 4pm pacific standard time today. [/QUOTE]

Okay, added. SN is 'dranakin.'

bread's done
Back