Steam - Lucasarts Week - Monkey Island 1/2 & Bundle - 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Monday:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition $7.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (65)

Tuesday:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (93)

Wednesday:
Empire at War: Gold $5.00 (75% off)

Metacritic:
Empire at War (79)
Forces of Corruption (75)

Thursday:
Star Wars: Battlefront II $5.00 (75% off)
Metacritic (78)

Weekend:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
The Secret of Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle $7.49 (50% off - 63% savings)

================
Weeklong:
Star Wars Collection $49.99 (50% off - 66% total savings)
includes:
Other Lucasarts Games on Steam:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']I see retail pc copies of it in the stores quite frequently even today, I just haven't seen a digital version.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I should have specified and noted that I wanted it on Steam. It is just easier and smoother. Plus I am always going between PCs quite often so it works out well.

Picked up Empire at War yesterday and Battlefront II today. I owned most of the games already so the pack wasn't really an option.

I too am tempted to buy Battlefront 2. How is the multiplayer on Steam, anyone know? I've never played a Battlefront game, but I've always been interested.

I still play battlefront 2 (on pc) from time to time.

Multiplayer is the best part about BF2, a good amount of people still play it, but dont expect tons of servers

The multiplayer doesnt have mic support so you will have to use Ventrillo (or some other software to voice chat with your buds)

and there "is" a learning curve to the multiplayer (especially playing as the engineer class b/c you can very quickly 1 hit kill any person with thier weapon)

i remember buying it for 5 bucks at walmart about 2 years ago. it was a great deal then and its still a great deal now

anyways, if you dont want to play against other people theres still Bots, you can start up a game with Bots and its really fun to do, especially if you download one of the hundreds of custom maps (b/c you can download custom maps to play on)

Even though I own two copies of it on my XBOX and one copy on PC, I still would buy Republic Commando on Steam if they discount it.

Wish I wouldn't have gotten it on d2d last week (cuz I'd obviously rather have it on steam), but at least I was able to buy it with other games and use the coupon.

I was very close to buying Battlefront II but then looked over and saw Battlefield 2 sitting on my shelf calling my name. Might have to reinstall that game now.

Woohoo! Finally, Battlefront 2 is mine! So glad they kept it at 75% off.

Now...all I need is Republic Commando at 75% off, and my journey towards the Dark Side will be complete!

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen... ;)

Just a heads-up for those that bought Battlefront II today. If you notice, the main menu and all other menu screens stay locked at 800x600. But there is a permanent fix for this I found in the forums.

Right click on the game in your library, go to Properties, go to Set Launch Options, and then enter this:

/resolution XXXX XXXX

Input your game resolution instead of the X's, for example, 1900 1200. Don't place an (x) in between the numbers, just a space. Already tried this and it works perfectly.

Since Talk Like a Pirate Day is September 19th, and every other site is running Monkey Island deals this weekend, I fully expect Steam's Friday + weekend deal to be the Monkey Island deals.

We'll see in a bit.

[quote name='animalspinners']Since Talk Like a Pirate Day is September 19th, and every other site is running Monkey Island deals this weekend, I fully expect Steam's Friday + weekend deal to be the Monkey Island deals.

We'll see in a bit.[/QUOTE]

That seems likely. I already have the first MI: Special Edition, so I hope they don't do a sale on just a bundle-pack of the two. And I'll probably only snag MI2 if it's $2.50 as the previous MI has hit that price before.

Still hoping for $2.50 Republic Commando (as unlikely as that seems...)!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']That seems likely. I already have the first MI: Special Edition, so I hope they don't do a sale on just a bundle-pack of the two. And I'll probably only snag MI2 if it's $2.50 as the previous MI has hit that price before.

Still hoping for $2.50 Republic Commando (as unlikely as that seems...)![/QUOTE]

If not and you don't mind you still have D2D. Looks like Stand alone MI2 is $5

not like i need any more games, but i grabbed bf2. if any of you guys want to play send me a message here or via steam.

[quote name='BrolyB593']When does Steam update their prices... I never have cared enough to wake up and look so I never had to know haha.[/QUOTE]

Within the next few mins... 1pm EST

[quote name='pROvIs']looks like monkey island today.

$5 each. or $7.50 bundle[/QUOTE]

Yep...

Was hoping for the $5 bundle, but this will do.

*Sigh* Steam you have failed me, all I asked for was Republic Commando but no you give me a bad deal on, admittedly, a good game. Mabye next time!

am I able to purchase the bundle and gift the 1st monkey island to a friend (since I own that one already)?

So the final sale of Star Wars Week on Steam isn't even a Star Wars game?

Don't get me wrong I love me some Monkey Island but that's a pretty lame way to end Star Wars week.*sigh*

This is what I get for doing the "Pre-order Monkey Island 2, get Monkey Island for free" deal a whopping two months ago. Oh well, it's only $2.50 less.

Hmm, I already have the first Monkey Island from the previous $2.50 sale, but now I'm torn between buying Monkey Island 2 for $5 on steam or the bundle of both on PSN for $7.50... leaning towards PSN because both games have trophies there and Steam Achievements are only on MI2. That and I'm on my consoles way more often than my pc.

Man, even though I should've waited, I just bought Monkey Island 2 yesterday for my iPhone for $1. I'll bite here too, but it sure would be cool if there was a way to transfer the save games from one platform to another...

-HM

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just a heads-up for those that bought Battlefront II today. If you notice, the main menu and all other menu screens stay locked at 800x600. But there is a permanent fix for this I found in the forums.

Right click on the game in your library, go to Properties, go to Set Launch Options, and then enter this:

/resolution XXXX XXXX

Input your game resolution instead of the X's, for example, 1900 1200. Don't place an (x) in between the numbers, just a space. Already tried this and it works perfectly.[/QUOTE]

thank you, took care of it for me too.

Damn you, Steam, looks like I have to pick up Monkey 2 now.

For what it's worth, the game controls better with a mouse than a gamepad. The console controls are pretty good, just expect to enter / exit buildings by mistake.

I'm tempted to get it on PSN, but I'll probably have Steam longer than I'll have my PS3.... And it does control better with a mouse. Wish I could use my Wiimote.

^ Bought it this morning as well before I seen this and had to double dip. Could never have too much Adventure games I always say.

Thanks for the heads up. About time Lechuck's Revenge went on sale on Steam. Was going to buy it on PSN but glad I hesitated. The game just wouldn't feel the same to me on a console anyways.

I'm horribly tempted, but I remember buying the first MI for $5 during last year's Talk like a Pirate Day. I felt good about the purchase until it showed up for $2.50 during the Holiday Sale.

Therefore, though it pains me to wait, I'm going to hold out until the Holiday Sale.

Was hoping for republic commando as well but I may have to jump on this as well. I should be set on games for my laptop for a while.. although I wouldn't mind picking up the gta trilogy off steam for 30

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Was hoping for republic commando as well but I may have to jump on this as well. I should be set on games for my laptop for a while.. although I wouldn't mind picking up the gta trilogy off steam for 30[/QUOTE]

I think half of the republic was hoping for Republic Commando.

I noticed that Steam also has a Bethesda Pack, with Fallout 3: GOTY, Elder Scrolls III GOTY and Elder Scrolls IV GOTY for $70. Fallout 3 is $50 normally, and I admit I can't quit that game.

I got the special editions of Monkey Island 1 and 2. Thanks for the heads-up! Never played them before, figured it was time since they seem like classics as far as adventure games are concerned.

I was sad that it wasn't republic commando, I already had monkey island 1 and I picked up monkey island 2 for less then a $1 a couple of days ago on the D2D sale. I'm still waiting on a good deal for Republic Commando though...

bread's done
Back