Steam Midweek Deal - Droplitz - 80% off

$2 seems about right for the game. I've got it on PS3 and its an interesting puzzle game. I played it a bunch when I first picked it up, but haven't touched it in months.

If you want a puzzle game, I recommend it.

This is that Atlus puzzle game... might have to pick this up. Wasn't crazy about it on consoles, but would be better on the PC.

Will try the demo. I always buy these $2 puzzle games and never spend more than an hour with them. We'll see if this one can hold my interest for longer.

EDIT: Oh wait, there is no demo.

[quote name='Reimu']It's like the Bioshock 1 hacking mini-game for those who don't know.

Can't really say no for only two bucks[/QUOTE]Sure you can.

No.

See? It's as easy as that. :)

[quote name='Brownjohn']
If you want a puzzle game, I recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Besides, it is only two dollars.

I bought this on STEAM like a year ago for $2, and it's one of the best $2 purchases I've made. I've stayed up really late playing this numerous times.

Even the best puzzle games aren't for everyone, but Droplitz clicked for me after playing, then watching the tips & tricks videos. I can't figure out the Bejeweled Twist or Luminies type puzzle games, but I loved this, Tetris, and basic 3-line puzzlers like Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League/Bejeweled.

I'm with those that said it was a tad difficult. I've logged 2.2 hours since I bought it last year.

The production values are solid though and entertainment at a dollar an hour isn't too bad.

I bought it for the iPhone but only played it for, perhaps 20 minutes grand total. I thought it was pretty bland and boring. It just wasn't much fun.

I got this on sale a year ago for the same price on Steam.

Fun game and $2 is about right for this one. You have to unlock everything past the first level and game type and the game gets hard. You have to put in alot of time and get really good to have access to the full game.

Also, you have to use a console command in the launch options to get it in windowed mode. There have been many requests to the developer to add windowed mode as a feature but I don't think the game has ever been updated. since release.

[quote name='JMacGill']I got this on sale a year ago for the same price on Steam.

Fun game and $2 is about right for this one. You have to unlock everything past the first level and game type and the game gets hard. You have to put in alot of time and get really good to have access to the full game.

Also, you have to use a console command in the launch options to get it in windowed mode. There have been many requests to the developer to add windowed mode as a feature but I don't think the game has ever been updated. since release.[/QUOTE]

I tried -windowed but it didn't work. And it's annoying that this game doesn't run in widescreen.

For windowed mode add this to the launch options:
fullscreen=0

For custom resolution add this to the launch options:
xres=1680 yres=1050

Change 1680 & 1050 to your desired resolution.

To add these options right click droplitz from steam and click properties.
In the general tab you will see set launch options, click it and type it there.

[quote name='didamangi']For windowed mode add this to the launch options:
fullscreen=0

For custom resolution add this to the launch options:
xres=1680 yres=1050

Change 1680 & 1050 to your desired resolution.

To add these options right click droplitz from steam and click properties.
In the general tab you will see set launch options, click it and type it there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I tried that (windowed=1 fullscreen=0 xres=800 yres=600) and it works, but why can't I move the window?

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Thanks. I tried that (windowed=1 fullscreen=0 xres=800 yres=600) and it works, but why can't I move the window?[/QUOTE]

windowed=1 doesn't do anything, remove it from the line.

And I can move the window around too so I don't see why you can't do it either.

I think it's different for each game, it's just that -windowed doesn't do anything in this game, I guess.

There's one other command lines from the readme, it might be helpful for running this game on a slow pc/netbook.

forcelowdef=(0 or 1)

Droplitz has a special mode that allows the game to run on PC's with older less advanced video cards. Usually the
autodetection system will control which version is run, however if there are large discrepencies between the
systems video card and the processor speed (a modern video card in a relatively slow pc for example) the game will
try to run the hi-def version and run slowly. Using forcelowdef=1 will force the game to run in the low def mode
which may improve the speed of the game at the expense of lower visual quality.

bread's done
Back