Steam Midweek Deal - King Arthur/Crusaders - 66% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the King Arthur games are very unique but never got around to trying them out. I'll try out the demo and see what it's all about.

Hmm...I really shouldn't, given the lack of steady income, but...this is tempting.

How's the story mode on them? That's what has kept me away from the Total War games - multiplayer isn't even on the radar for me, and I'm not big on the whole "do whatever you want" type campaign modes (like the Total War series or Dawn of War: Soulstorm and Dark Crusade), but if the campaign actually has a story to it I may just have to get this...

Great prices. Briefly played the demo of King Arthur and if you've liked any of the Total War, this might be for you. Think I might pass on Crusaders and pick up the King Arthur pack.

I tried to resist the Dawn of War II Gold deal since I haven't finished the first series of games, but the price was too good. When buying DoWII Gold, saw an ad for the King Arthur games. "If they'd only have a special on that", I thought to myself. While I appreciate the deals...

Get out of my head, Valve ;-)

Thanks for the head's up, OP.

ew

Picked up the King Arthur pack. Only played two battles but it is pretty good so far. Seems to run worse than Empire: Total War though.

Picked up the King Arthur pack. Only played two battles but it is pretty good so far. Seems to run worse than Empire: Total War though.

Is Steam done with adding Mac games on Wednesdays already? The site said they would be doing that for a few weeks, I'm a little disappointed.

[quote name='Xealot42']Picked up the King Arthur pack. Only played two battles but it is pretty good so far. Seems to run worse than Empire: Total War though.[/QUOTE]

how so? did it crash on you?

Any opinions on King Arthur or if Crusaders is worth the $4 more?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xealot42']Picked up the King Arthur pack. Only played two battles but it is pretty good so far. Seems to run worse than Empire: Total War though.[/QUOTE]

Ran perfect for me with everything on high, I put about 4 hours into it last night. Well worth the $14.

[quote name='bcjohnnie']Is Steam done with adding Mac games on Wednesdays already? The site said they would be doing that for a few weeks, I'm a little disappointed.[/QUOTE]
they still have the left 4 dead series and team fortress 2 to release . they'll probably add some new games around e3

[quote name='animalspinners']Ran perfect for me with everything on high, I put about 4 hours into it last night. Well worth the $14.[/QUOTE]

I should probably clarify that it is completely playable but sometimes the framerate will dip in the 20-30 range which is noticeable. I don't think it takes advantage of crossfire and it seems to be maxing out one of my 4870s.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Any opinions on King Arthur or if Crusaders is worth the $4 more?[/QUOTE]

crusaders is buggy and abandoned by its developer. Save $4 for future release of DLC for King Arthur (Welsch and Saxon expansion is coming out in a few months)

bread's done
Back