Steam Midweek Deal - Medieval II 75% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Spotlight_MidweekMadness.jpg

Through December 10th, Medieval II: Total War is available for $4.99 (75% off).

Metacritic link (88)

Demo

Nice. I was just looking at this. Now the only question -- do I have the time to devote to another Total War game...

I was looking to buy this probably a year ago. Can't say no at that price.

The expansion is $15, hrm. Wish they would have put both on sale.

Sweet, thanks Cheapo.

Do you think Steam will put the Gold package on sale too? I think they usually do that when one item in a pack is on sale, but the combo is currently $30. Hmm...

I hate when strategy games go on sale, because I love to play them but I absolutely suck at them. I'll just have to leave Steam in offline mode so I keep forgetting about this until the deal passes over, as I have to big of a backlog to be buying more now.

Definitely interested, but I probably won't get to it anytime soon, so I'll wait until they have the gold version for cheap. Otherwise I'll probably end up paying for this now, and then buying it again when the full version is on sale in a few months, since they tend to do package pricing, and not expansion only discounts. That's one thing I wish Steam would do, give a partial credit (even if it's small) if you already own part of the package deal.

[quote name='vherub']will have to try the demo, tempted[/QUOTE]

The demo is not really a good representation of the full game as it doesn't include any demo of the campaign.

Also, this deal kind of sucks without the expansion. I would consider buying it (even though I already own it) just for the convenience of owning it on steam if the expansion were included.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']I was looking to buy this probably a year ago. Can't say no at that price.

The expansion is $15, hrm. Wish they would have put both on sale.[/QUOTE]

You can get the disc version here and it is the Gold Edition for $20 (including shipping). Only difference is it is the international edition (Europe) so the box is a tad different. Other than that it is exactly the same (In English and everything). However it does have SecuRom.

[quote name='Archgarth']I may have to pick this up, as the disc version of Medieval II does not want to work with Windows 7 :([/QUOTE]

According to here it is compatible with the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (yay for me not having more than 2 gigs of ram and having no need for the 64-bit version....... yet).

EDIT: These are not spam links or anything, i just felt like typing here rather than Gogamer and Windows websites.....

Dang, I would have gotten it if it'd been compatible with 64-bit. I wonder if they'll patch it at some point...

[quote name='horrido']Wonder if it runs in win7 xp virtual mode. Guess I'll find out...[/QUOTE]

it should run fine.

windows 7 is like the ultimate version of windows xp IMO.

[quote name='eastx']Dang, I would have gotten it if it'd been compatible with 64-bit. I wonder if they'll patch it at some point...[/QUOTE]
I installed on my 64-bit Windows 7 and it works fine.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Possible to play this on a laptop? 2.1 dual core, 4gb ram, dedicated graphics card.

Any thoughts or experience with thos system specs?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Have you even looked at the system requirements? "Laptop" isn't a special class of system that has special properties that make it not able to run games, they just lag a bit in specifications due to requirements of size and power consumption.

This game was released in 2006, you'll be fine.

yeah, this should end tonight.

To anyone hesitant, jump on this. I am running it on Windows 7 Profssional 64Bit with no problems, so you 64 bit users shouldnt worry. Best $5 spent in a long time.

Bought though I have Empire total war and Rome Total war that I really havent even touched yet....................

Hmmm I bought this the other day when I got EU3 complete in the mail. I've been addicted to EU3 tho haha, I've hardly had the itch to play this much, but I did get through the tutorials.

Even though I own this and the expansion on disc, I would have purchased it and the expansion if they offered the expansion, as well, for the same price. Since the expansion disc can't be used with this, it was a no sale for me. It's a great deal, though, for those who don't already own either.

I jumped on this since it's not included in the Total War Eras pack... which I'll eventually get once it's available on steam.

[quote name='JaroldL']it should run fine.

windows 7 is like the ultimate version of windows xp IMO.[/QUOTE]

Still can't play trackmania sunrise on W7 :p

Anywho, thanks for the info op!

bread's done
Back