Steam Midweek Madness: Quake series 50% off!

plutoknight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Looks like the deal is up a little early, idk.

Midweek Madness: Quake series 50% off!!!!

quake_spotlight.jpg

For $14.99, you get Quake + Mission packs, Quake II and 2 "Mission Packs" Quake III Arena and Quake III: Team Arena. Or buy each game individually for 50% (Mission packs are 2.49, Quake/Quake 2 are 5 bucks and the Quake 3 games are 10 bucks each).

EDIT: Metacritic
Quake (94)
Quake III: Team Arena (69)
Quake III Arena (93)

And no, Quake 4 is not on Steam it seems. Go figure..

Ooh, 3 great games and all the expansions. :D

Would have been nice if they added Quake 4 but Quake 4 wasn't that great of a game anyways.

Lame. Bunch of old games that are practically free out there anyway. Would've been passable if Quake 4 was included.

if Quake 2 and expansions have the CD music tracks, I'm in. the Quake 4 CE had the games on a dvd, but no CD music.

Edit: Steampowered forums confirm there's no CD music, but there are posts that have links to places to download the music. Nice!

Not horrible price/package but I'm glad I got the id Super Pack for $23 and change back in December.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']Not horrible price/package but I'm glad I got the id Super Pack for $13 and change back in December.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Was this part of the Holiday deal?!?!

That.....that IS super. That's like, what, 12-15 games?

[quote name='plutoknight']Whoa! Was this part of the Holiday deal?!?!

That.....that IS super. That's like, what, 12-15 games?[/QUOTE]

It was all the Commander Keen, Heretic/Hexen, Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein games excluding the new ones (Wolfenstein '09 and Quake 4)

[quote name='Tancred']It was all the Commander Keen, Heretic/Hexen, Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein games excluding the new ones (Wolfenstein '09 and Quake 4)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, how did I miss that.........I need to lurk moar I guess.

I'm not tempted by this deal at all, Quake 3 Arena would only be fun if I could get all my friends to buy it too.

[quote name='jp0213']Not horrible price/package but I'm glad I got the id Super Pack for $13 and change back in December.[/QUOTE]
Actually $23 and change, correct?

How much longer do you think they will get away with calling this "Midweek Madness" on a Monday?

I'm not complaining. Thanks OP!

[quote name='cheapo72']Actually $23 and change, correct?[/QUOTE]
Mistyped. Whoops. Still, good deal.

[quote name='agentghost']is the Quake series dead? there is no Quake 5?[/QUOTE]

Well there was quite a gap between Quake 3 and Quake 4, so there still might be a Quake 5.

[quote name='jp0213']What issues are you having? It's been playing fine for me since December on my Windows 7 install.[/QUOTE]

If I boot it up via Team Arena, it at least gets me to the menu screen. But then wont play because it says my Quake 3 key is invalid. I tried reinstalling like it said on the steam forums, and still nothing.

I try to boot up just Quake 3 and you can barely see anything when it pulls up. Its just all messed up looking and then I have to force quit out of it.

[quote name='shadow763']If I boot it up via Team Arena, it at least gets me to the menu screen. But then wont play because it says my Quake 3 key is invalid. I tried reinstalling like it said on the steam forums, and still nothing.

I try to boot up just Quake 3 and you can barely see anything when it pulls up. Its just all messed up looking and then I have to force quit out of it.[/QUOTE]
I have my Steam set to launch as an Administrator all the time. Don't have either of those problems. Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. I also have UAC disabled.

For those of you having Q3A issues (and everyone in general), don't forget about Quake Live:

http://www.quakelive.com

id-developed and maintained browser-based version of Q3A with user profiles, intelligent matching, achievements and more... not to mention a pretty solid playerbase. all for the low, low price of free :)

bread's done
Back