Steam Midweek - Zombie Driver $4.99 (50% off)

Here's the GiantBomb Quick Look.

Think I'll pass on this.

EDIT: Oh wow, there was a huge patch for this released today that adds a whole bunch of stuff.
Major Changes

• added Blood Race game mode
  • added new Muscle Car for the Blood Race mode
  • added new Slaughter Train Station map
  • added a second car paint for every vehicle (unlockable in Blood Race mode)
  • added new vehicle destruction system with destructible 3d car parts
  • added car respawn key
  • added Polish localization
  • new positional sound system
  • new improved smart camera with longer view distance and smoother movement
  • enhanced car physics to allow full 3d motion e.g. turning over
  • added support for full story voice over

Minor Changes

• added startup menu sound device selection option
  • added startup menu sound disable option
  • added startup menu gamepad disable option
  • added particle effects when gathering repair pickup
  • added sparks when a car collides with an obstacle
  • added ambient sound playing in background
  • added highlight and camera shake on player death
  • added misc new envinronment models for the story mode
  • new translucent water shader
  • new main menu background
  • new collision system for destrucible props
  • tweaked car physics script
  • tweaked car speed upgrade
  • improved vehicle audio
  • improved zombie audio
  • fixed a few collision problems on the main story city map
  • fixed skidmark texture mapping
  • tweaked volume parameters for most in-game sounds
  • removed option to post highscores to Twitter (caused by a Twitter authentication API change)
  • lots of small tweaks and fixes

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4653/

Buy now, kick yourself later during the holiday sale (that starts less than two weeks from now). I got it for $2.50 during the last one. My guess is we see $1 during this one.

That being said it is worth $2.50 and supports a 360 controller.

This is a pretty fun game. The Metacritic score really doesn't do it justice. It's fairly basic, but it looks good enough and it's one of those games that you keep going back to for a quick game and end up playing for an hour.

There's plenty to do and it's a good value at this price.

This is CAG though and I think I paid less than this during the last Holiday Sale too.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Here's the GiantBomb Quick Look.

Think I'll pass on this.

EDIT: Oh wow, there was a huge patch for this released today that adds a whole bunch of stuff.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4653/[/QUOTE]

This is the second major content update since the game released, the first one being a survive-for-as-long-as-possible game mode (the new one is a racing mode).

My opinion is that it is a very good game for the $5 spent (its how much I spent on it in a steam sale), good to be played in short 15-20 minute chunks for a few weeks, and it seems that the developer will still support it with new content after this update (at least I hope so, but the developers are nice people).

But like everyone else said, it might not be a bad idea to just wait until Christmas if you're looking to save a buck or two.

[quote name='52club']Buy now, kick yourself later during the holiday sale (that starts less than two weeks from now). I got it for $2.50 during the last one. My guess is we see $1 during this one.

That being said it is worth $2.50 and supports a 360 controller.[/QUOTE]
I was about to pull the trigger until I saw you mention it might go lower. Think I'll play the waiting game with this one...

[quote name='52club']Buy now, kick yourself later during the holiday sale (that starts less than two weeks from now).[/QUOTE]
Whoa, whoa, am I reading that right - "Less than 2 weeks from now?" I like the sound of that, but I thought last year's was at the very end of 2009. (I remember buying Trine for $4.99 on January 2nd when it was a Daily Deal.)

Can anyone confirm that the Holiday Sale is starting earlier this year?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Whoa, whoa, am I reading that right - "Less than 2 weeks from now?" I like the sound of that, but I thought last year's was at the very end of 2009. (I remember buying Trine for $4.99 on January 2nd when it was a Daily Deal.)

Can anyone confirm that the Holiday Sale is starting earlier this year?[/QUOTE]

I think there was both a Thanksgiving holiday sale and an end of the year/Christmas time sale. The end of the year sale was the more epic of the two.

[quote name='c4tp']I think there was both a Thanksgiving holiday sale and an end of the year/Christmas time sale. The end of the year sale was the more epic of the two.[/QUOTE]
Sounds about right. Between Black Friday and the holiday season, there are multiple opportunities to see games on sale at Steam. Therefore, I cannot wait.

Get your wallets ready.

i've stopped buying from steam in anticipation of the holiday sale.

That being said, Zombie Driver has been one of my better "impulse buys" from one of these sales. I've had it for a while (i think i got it when the first content patch was released) and it was a lot of fun...but it could easily go on sale in a few days when the black friday-week and/or end of the year sales hit

[quote name='thetruelokre']i've stopped buying from steam in anticipation of the holiday sale.

That being said, Zombie Driver has been one of my better "impulse buys" from one of these sales. I've had it for a while (i think i got it when the first content patch was released) and it was a lot of fun...but it could easily go on sale in a few days when the black friday-week and/or end of the year sales hit[/QUOTE]

Steam's holiday sale is going to be upon us, soon. I got Zombie
Driver
, last year, for $2.50. I'm looking forward to adding a bunch
of games, this year.

bread's done
Back