STEAM: Pre-purchase Killing Floor for $15 (25% off)

Serik

CAGiversary!

Killing Floor, once a UT2k4 mod, will be released on May 14th by Tripwire Interactive, the folks who brought you Red Orchestra (also started as an Unreal mod). Pre-purchase and save $5.

Here's a short description:

For those who don’t know, the game provides co-op zombie-killing for up to six players at a time, with unlockable persistent perks to level up your character. Add in Solo mode for offline play, more than 15 weapons, 9 zombie types, slow-motion ZEDtime. Shotguns, chainsaws, flamethrowers… not to mention a machete, fire-axe and much more. Weld doors shut to try and channel the specimens, buy time to heal up and reload. Even configure your own waves of zombies with the in-game tools – or use the SDK to create complete new maps to play on. Not forgetting over 40 Steam Achievements, access to your Steam Friends list, server browsers and all the long-term support the community has come to expect from Tripwire Interactive!

I'm definitely interested in this game. I never played the mod, but the game from the screenshots, trailer and the IGN interview looks very promising, for $15. I kinda wish there was a demo to try it out.

Anyone have any experience with the mod or additional insight on the game? I'm tempted to give it a shot at that price point. I've been a big fan of L4D and this seems to be a bit grittier...which is good in my book.

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']I'm definitely interested in this game. I never played the mod, but the game from the screenshots, trailer and the IGN interview looks very promising, for $15. I kinda wish there was a demo to try it out.

Anyone have any experience with the mod or additional insight on the game? I'm tempted to give it a shot at that price point. I've been a big fan of L4D and this seems to be a bit grittier...which is good in my book.[/QUOTE]

The UT '04 mod was a bit wonky but has a special place in my heart. It was pretty much waves of zombies coming in, you killed them all (Or died) and after the round ended you could buy new guns and upgrades etc. at a shop. To expand on what I meant by wonky earlier, the game controlled pretty horribly. It looks like they made it more fluid using whatever engine they did but I'm not sure I'd pay 15$, let alone 20$ for it.

sounds like a $10 bite when it goes on sale.

Demo ... needs to exist to urge me to pre-order.

I hardly ever preorder... too much of a cheapass.

that description makes this game sound like a tremendous value for $15. I'm going to have to look into it some more so see if it's something i want to buy.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']that description makes this game sound like a tremendous value for $15. I'm going to have to look into it some more so see if it's something i want to buy.[/QUOTE]

I agree! steam achievements, zombies, perks? my kind of thing... need gameplay vids.

thanks op btw

if anyone can get links for the lazy, would be great =)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']that description makes this game sound like a tremendous value for $15. I'm going to have to look into it some more so see if it's something i want to buy.
344.jpg
[/quote]
Is This game anything like Cstrike?

You goddamn better believe I got this preordered (or rather, it was gifted to me by a friend, and we're gonna play co-op together :D). Game looks totally kick-ass. Plus, the developers are supremely cool dudes. They're really involved in their fan community, to a degree that almost no other developers are. From the looks of it, it seems like Killing Floor is to Left 4 Dead, as Red Orchestra is to Battlefield 1942, which is a recipe for awesome.

[quote name='jimmytron']Is This game anything like Cstrike?[/QUOTE]

It's in first-person and you shoot guns at things, so yeah I guess it's a just a little bit like Counter-Strike in that regard.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Plus, the developers are supremely cool dudes. They're really involved in their fan community, to a degree that almost no other developers are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I post a lot in the steam forums and I see TWI post a lot. Same with ACE team, these professional mod makers seem to kick an unbelievable amount of ass.

bread's done
Back