Steam: Pre-Purchase King's Bounty: Crossworlds ($20), get KB: The Legend Free

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
capsule_616x353.jpg

King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam

Announcement
Pre-Purchase King's Bounty: Crossworlds before September 17th and receive a FREE copy of King's Bounty: The Legend for yourself or gift it a friend.

King’s Bounty: Crossworlds is the expansion for the famous King's Bounty: Armored Princess role-playing game. The new release in the series will include the “Orcs on the March” expansion, the two new independent campaigns “Champion of the Arena” and “Defender of the Crown” and a convenient editor with help system. This editor will allow you to create additional content for the game and alter it in any way you wish. King’s Bounty: Crossworlds requires King`s Bounty: Armored Princess installed on your PC!

REQUIRES KING'S BOUNTY: ARMORED PRINCESS.

Pre-Purchase King's Bounty: Crossworlds on Steam before it's release on 9/17 and get a copy of King's Bounty: The Legend free. You can gift this copy to a friend if you already have it.

If you don't own any of the King's Bounty games, you can buy all of them for $30 here.

I was excited for a bit because I thought you'd get be getting 2 King's Bounty games for $10 (now $20). But then I saw that it requires Armored Princess and was bummed. I'm not sure who would own Armored Princess and not King's Bounty, but a free copy is always cool I guess.

EDIT: You WILL get an extra copy of King's Bounty: The Legend if you already have it. ( Post #18 ) Thanks to SqueeMK2 for being the guinea pig!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, $10 for Crossworlds?

I thought it was cheap when it was $20 on Gamersgate... this is a total, total steal.

The fact that KB: The Legend is giftable is awesome as well.

I'm sure there is a fair amount of people that got Armored Princess in a Steam deal, but didn't get KB: The Legend.

Yeah this goes PERFECTLY with my Armored Princess deal from Direct 2 Drive... I am going to have a hard time saying no to this...

TC, just wanted to say you did a great job presenting the information (picture, links, description, etc) in this topic!

I may have to get this.

If I buy KB: Armored Princess from D2D, can I merge it with my steam games? Jus wondering because this Steam/D2D/EAgames/blah blah blah confuses the hell outta me, I'm basically a person that likes to have my games nice and neat on Steam and if I can't make a game compatible with Steam no matter how great a deal may be for a game/games I won't buy it so, basically wanna know if the D2D deal of KB:AP is compatible with the Steam deal(which says requires KB:AP when I try to checkout)... Thank you to those that help me out with this!!

If its like any other expansion dependent on another game installed to your hard drive to play available on Steam, your copy of Armored Princess will need to be the Steam version to get this to work.

Steam is generally good about not letting you screw yourself over with the way their account/checkout system works as mentioned by dbzispimpin.

I was mistaken! I guess there were folks who only own Armored Princess. I was under the impression folks would own both since the combo pack has been on sale a couple of times during past Steam sales.

[quote name='kosmos13x']TC, just wanted to say you did a great job presenting the information (picture, links, description, etc) in this topic![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I try :)

[quote name='dbzispimpin']If I buy KB: Armored Princess from D2D, can I merge it with my steam games? Jus wondering because this Steam/D2D/EAgames/blah blah blah confuses the hell outta me, I'm basically a person that likes to have my games nice and neat on Steam and if I can't make a game compatible with Steam no matter how great a deal may be for a game/games I won't buy it so, basically wanna know if the D2D deal of KB:AP is compatible with the Steam deal(which says requires KB:AP when I try to checkout)... Thank you to those that help me out with this!![/QUOTE]

According to the news release, it just says you need Armored Princess installed on your PC. I don't think you need the Steam version of Armored Princess in order to play Crossworlds. But you cannot tie the game to your Steam account. You can add a shortcut so you get the Steam overlay and so your friends can see what you're playing, but you won't be able to download it from Steam.

I own a hard copy of King's Bounty: The Legend. Does anyone know a way for me to purchase Crossworld for my ID and gift the free copy of Kind's Bounty (even though Steam doesn't think I own The Legend because it's the non-Steam version)?

Eh?

KB.jpg

This is from the checkout page. Notice the part at the bottom. I am still going to want this, since I played the heck out of the first two games, but it would appear from this that I will not be able to gift the extra copy of KB:TL to my friend.

[quote name='Rirse']Steam seemed to goof on this, because the game is already unlocked and able to be played.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm playing it right now. I'm happy they goofed :D Now I have something to do this weekend other than study.

Thanks OP, this worked out great for me. I have a DVD version of the original and bought AP a while back on steam, so now have steam version of all 3.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Eh?

KB.jpg

This is from the checkout page. Notice the part at the bottom. I am still going to want this, since I played the heck out of the first two games, but it would appear from this that I will not be able to gift the extra copy of KB:TL to my friend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. In the announcement it says: "Pre-Purchase King's Bounty: Crossworlds before September 17th and receive a FREE copy of King's Bounty: The Legened for yourself or gift it to a friend." Hmm...I guess it doesn't clearly state that you can gift that extra copy if you own it. It only says you get a copy for yourself OR to gift to a friend. Can somebody else who owns King's Bounty confirm this?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah, that doesn't seem right. In the announcement it says: "Pre-Purchase King's Bounty: Crossworlds before September 17th and receive a FREE copy of King's Bounty: The Legened for yourself or gift it to a friend." Hmm...I guess it doesn't clearly state that you can gift that extra copy if you own it. It only says you get a copy for yourself OR to gift to a friend. Can somebody else who owns King's Bounty confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Just bought this and already owned The Legend and Armored Princess. Got the exact same warning in the checkout page, but when I looked in my Steam gifts I have a The Legend gift sitting in there. So the warning appears to be incorrect, you do get a gift copy of The Legend if you already own it on Steam.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Just bought this and already owned The Legend and Armored Princess. Got the exact same warning in the checkout page, but when I looked in my Steam gifts I have a The Legend gift sitting in there. So the warning appears to be incorrect, you do get a gift copy of The Legend if you already own it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. Thanks!

Woo! Thanks for the heads up. Just bought it and playing it now! After just completing Armored Princess recently, I was itching for some more King's Bounty! :)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I was excited for a bit because I thought you'd get be getting 2 King's Bounty games for $10. But then I saw that it requires Armored Princess and was bummed. I'm not sure who would own Armored Princess and not King's Bounty, but a free copy is always cool I guess.[/QUOTE]

So for someone who owns none of them... Wouldn't this be the deal to get?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6118/

It's got all of them right...?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']So for someone who owns none of them... Wouldn't this be the deal to get?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6118/

It's got all of them right...?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that'd be the one to get if you own none of them. Seeing as Armored Princess is $30 by itself. But I think it would be safe to assume that it'll be on sale in the future that would mark it down to somewhere in the $7.50-$15 range. Not saying it's not a good deal already, but this is cheapassgamer!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yep, that'd be the one to get if you own none of them. Seeing as Armored Princess is $30 by itself. But I think it would be safe to assume that it'll be on sale in the future that would mark it down to somewhere in the $7.50-$15 range. Not saying it's not a good deal already, but this is cheapassgamer![/QUOTE]
I'm sort of short on cash and there are other deals I would snag first but I followed the deal... Saw the link and thought it was worth posting... Maybe the OP can even add it to his own post. (if he wants.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm sort of short on cash and there are other deals I would snag first but I followed the deal... Saw the link and thought it was worth posting... Maybe the OP can even add it to his own post. (if he wants.)[/QUOTE]

I created the OP and the link is already there :)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']If you don't own any of the King's Bounty games, you can buy all of them for $25 here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I created the OP and the link is already there :)[/QUOTE]

Man, I must have missed it when I was trying to figure it out all involved. :)

Sorry for the confusion. :) (again thanks for the post.... I'm tempted to try the demo, Armored Princess, even though I should save my money. :lol: )

[quote name='kenichiwah']Will the Direct 2 drive's version of armored princess work with the steam version of the expansion?[/QUOTE]

I can't give you a definite answer, but I'd be careful since other games with expansions/DLC (Borderlands for example) don't have compatibility between Steam and retail versions.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that this was coming out so soon. This would be the first game that I have pre-purchased in years.

Price increase? Shows up as $19.99 (instead of $9.99) on the front page.

EDIT: And the package price for all 3 has gone from $25 to $30.

[quote name='Gish']I can't give you a definite answer, but I'd be careful since other games with expansions/DLC (Borderlands for example) don't have compatibility between Steam and retail versions.[/QUOTE]

Ok will do. Thanks!

[quote name='harkness10']Price increase? Shows up as $19.99 (instead of $9.99) on the front page.

EDIT: And the package price for all 3 has gone from $25 to $30.[/QUOTE]

Crap. You are correct. I waited too long.

This seems to be more an update to the original King's Bounty. It adds new quests and such, but does not seem to nearly the scla eof Armored Princess.

It has an editor:
"This editor will allow you to create additional content for the game and alter it in any way you wish."

While I am not to excited about using it myself I think we may see some amazing stuff if the editor is up to snuff...

bread's done
Back