Steam: Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter. ($7.49)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hey everyone.
I'm not sure if this is a repost, but Steam just put up a headline stating that Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter is 50% until March 2nd.

header.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - $7.49 (50% off) [MetaCritic: 68]
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (Four Pack) - $22.48 (50% off)

Again, Steam avoids the $4.99 price point. (In fact, I believe this is the third time in the last few months that the game has hit $7.49.) However, there is the four pack for $22.48. So, four CAG'ers wanting to pay $5.62 each can consider this alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sdcranford']I would be in on a 4pack but my processor is only 2.6GHz. I bought it as stricly a home office computer but have started to do some light PC gaming. It's a quad-core but just not enough clock speed![/QUOTE]What makes you think that is bad? Maybe it is but im pretty sure thats a good processor.

Sorry about that shrike, next time I'll create a thread for that instead of jumping into the deal thread.

[quote name='bitter1961']The next one (Second Encounter HD) comes out in April. I wouldn't be surprised to see the First Encounter even more deeply on sale just before, or maybe even included free with preorders.[/QUOTE]

i harbored similar thoughts too when the 1st Encounter came out. But this deal is very tempting. Question - did anyone recall how much was the initial launch sale?

[quote name='jp0213']Sorry about that shrike, next time I'll create a thread for that instead of jumping into the deal thread.[/QUOTE]No problem. Wasn't much of an issue to pick up the posts and move them into their own thread.

It was just getting to that point when 50% of the posts in the thread were related to the 4-pack buys.

[quote name='jp0213']I think it was only like 10% of the price if you pre-ordered. Let me search through my archived items, I think I had posted in that thread too. Yeah, it was 10% off. Here is the thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242078.[/QUOTE]

It was also 50% off 12/24 during the holiday sale (pre-price drop that worked out to $9.99), and then two weeks later was the first weekend deal of the new year at 66% off, which worked out to $6.79. And now they've done a permanent price drop to $15, in addition to this sale today.

I haven't experienced any bugs in the PC version, personally. Visually, it's a nice update to the first.

The Second Encounter is my personal favorite of the series. Can't wait 'till April.

I got this, definitely not as much fun as it was when it first came out. Sad, like watching a great movie when you were kid now, doesn't really hold up well at all.

bread's done
Back