Steam: Supreme Commander 2 - 10% Off Pre-Order

hal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I recommend preordering it at Gamestop due to the price difference and you get 2 extra maps. It is a Steamwork title so you will have to activate your retail key on Steam anyways linking it, it will be like you bought it on Steam anyways but cheaper with 2 extra maps.

can someone tell me info about the supreme commander games? RTS? I hear a lot about the first one (including high sys req) but how's gameplay? Campaigns? base building? Multiplayer experience etc

[quote name='aznguyen316']can someone tell me info about the supreme commander games? RTS? I hear a lot about the first one (including high sys req) but how's gameplay? Campaigns? base building? Multiplayer experience etc[/QUOTE]

First Sup Com was very good imo. The sheer scale of everything was great, you had giant maps with huge amounts of units. You had to balance your economy (mass and power) while building your base and units and upgrading things as well. It played very well, the tactical zoom is probably the best thing to be added to RTS' in quite awhile, whenever I play an RTS without it, it just feels clunky.

I didn't play much of the campaign, but I heard they were somewhat short but decent overall. Multiplayer was a blast though, but played mainly with friends.

I am a bit hesitant with Sup Com 2, from the little info out there they have scaled down the size of the maps and have made changes to simplify the economy, aka it sounds as though it has been consolized somewhat since it is coming out on the 360 as well.

But we don't know "how" the economy has been changed yet to know for sure, but the scale of the maps being smaller just plains sucks, and they aren't supporting mods/user maps saying the SDK is too complex (lol, same shit he said with Demigod)

bread's done
Back