Steam: "Tales of Monkey Island Complete pack" $4.99

Just a bit too late, Steam; Telltale had it for $4.95 during their "Talk Like a Pirate Day" sale. Reminds me of when I paid $5 for Assassin's Creed and Bioshock during a D2D sale, and Steam matched the prices later on.

I hate it when that happens, but getting the game is all that counts.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Just a bit too late, Steam; Telltale had it for $4.95 during their "Talk Like a Pirate Day" sale. Reminds me of when I paid $5 for Assassin's Creed and Bioshock during a D2D sale, and Steam matched the prices later on.

I hate it when that happens, but getting the game is all that counts.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Just a bit too late, Steam; Telltale had it for $4.95 during their "Talk Like a Pirate Day" sale. Reminds me of when I paid $5 for Assassin's Creed and Bioshock during a D2D sale, and Steam matched the prices later on.

But getting it on Steam is why I held off on buying it from Telltale's site in the first place. It's just nicer having all my games in one place. So sure, Steam is "too late," but who cares? I was waiting for them to match the price anyway.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Just a bit too late, Steam; Telltale had it for $4.95 during their "Talk Like a Pirate Day" sale....

Well, on the bright side, all your money went direct to the developer and none to a middle man (even if Steam is a pretty cool middle man).

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Well, on the bright side, all your money went direct to the developer and none to a middle man (even if Steam is a pretty cool middle man).[/QUOTE]

Plus, if you bought it from Telltale, you can get the DVD for the cost of the shipping. Always nice to have a hard copy for the same price.

[quote name='hellhunde']Plus, if you bought it from Telltale, you can get the DVD for the cost of the shipping. Always nice to have a hard copy for the same price.[/QUOTE]

That is one thing I love about telltale they put a lot of work into those dvds

Really now? I bought my younger sister the Left 4 Dead pack several days ago for the hell of it and/or to initiate her Steam account, and figured I'd try and nab all the Monkey Island games to further validate it. I thought it'd be a cold day in hell before Tales hit $5 again; lucky me, I was mistaken.

Bought this a year ago for about 30. While I loved most of the classics much more I was still satisfied for what it is. 4.99 is a no brainer. Buy it!

awesome deal for a great new series for Monkey Island.
wonder if they will make a season 2 sometime soon

I still havent played the secrets games yet. i guess ill add this to the backlog that I probably wont live long enough to play through.

[quote name='hellhunde']Plus, if you bought it from Telltale, you can get the DVD for the cost of the shipping. Always nice to have a hard copy for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Or you can get the awesome Collector's edition for $15. Comes with the DVD and a bunch of cool collectibles. (I love cloth maps.)

[quote name='token2k6']this deal seems like a no-brainer at this price, any idea how long the sale will last? or is this a mid-week deal??[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Men of War is the midweek deal.

ty, even though I have yet to complete the special editions, I like the games well enough (and they make me laugh) I'll shell out $5 even if I never play it, though I hope I do get through it someday. Support for the dev I guess =) plus steamplay helps..

so how big is the complete download?

Is the comedy on this kinda like Comic Jumpers? I loved the comedy in that game but playing the demo of the special editions for monkey island didn't really make me laugh, unless it's just the beginning of the game that isn't so hot.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is the comedy on this kinda like Comic Jumpers? I loved the comedy in that game but playing the demo of the special editions for monkey island didn't really make me laugh, unless it's just the beginning of the game that isn't so hot.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with Comic Jumpers, but if you want to get a taste of what the humor is like, Telltale does have demos to each episodes on their site. You should be able to get a good impression from those.

[quote name='evilwrath666']My paycheck should just go directly to Steam, it would save some time.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the way things are going with me too, lol.

I bought it as well. Should get to it when I have free time...(Looks at calendar...Midterm next week...Midterm paper due the following week...Another midterm the week after that...Group project right after that....) It's looking like I'll be able to play it in December :wall:

I have the first chapter from when they gave it out for free but at the time I tried playing it on my laptop (which met/exceeded system req's) but it was very slow...

[quote name='icedrake523']I bought it. Don't really know if I'll like it. But if I hate it, it's only $5. I found $6 leaving my dorm today anyway.[/QUOTE]

that was my money, dude. I was breaking my piggy bank to buy this game and a coke :cry:

Nice! I skipped the Telltale pirate deal because I don't buy anything digital unless it's on Steam.

Glad Steam matched the deal earlier than expected! Bought.

I skipped the Telltale Pirate Day deal also waiting for it to show up for $5 on Steam. Figured I would have to wait till the end of the year sales but this was a nice surprise. Thanks OP! : )

I would buy this but I will probably end up getting the Telltale Everything Pack if Steam puts it up for sale again this Christmas.

[quote name='iRent']I bought it as well. Should get to it when I have free time...(Looks at calendar...Midterm next week...Midterm paper due the following week...Another midterm the week after that...Group project right after that....) It's looking like I'll be able to play it in December :wall:

I have the first chapter from when they gave it out for free but at the time I tried playing it on my laptop (which met/exceeded system req's) but it was very slow...[/QUOTE]

I feel ya man, I have exams nearly every week and they aren't gimme's either. My game purchases have slowed down tremendously which is a good thing, but yeah...when there's so little time do much else, gaming is taking the hit. Dec 10 is my final final and I'll be free for a month.. which means WoW if anything else though lol.

I really need to get around to installing Steam on my pc. Even though I know I wouldn't be able to play 85% of the good games on my emachines. It's been sitting on my desktop for months.

I too bought this from Telltale at this price. I don't know why people are so hung up on getting everything from Steam. It's like people who used to go to Best Buy to price match from Circuit City. Now that Circuit City is gone, so are a lot of Best Buy deals. Competition is good people. Just look at dlc from consoles. No competition and price pressure and you end up with hit and miss deals (I don't have a Wii, but does Nintendo even have sales?).

PLUS IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO DIRECTLY SUPPORT THE DEVELOPERS! :cool:

[quote name='crashpanda']Would I be able to understand the story if I haven't played the other games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'd be fine to start with these as your first intro to the story, it's not all that wildly complex of a history. There's a zombie pirate LeChuck, who is of course the bad guy you fight in all the games in various ways. And then there's Elaine, the main love interest. And other than that you're just a ridiculous, awkward pirate having silly but fun adventures.

Of course, I would strongly recommend playing the earlier games for their own sake! The first two in the series have been remastered and are just great.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Very nice. It's the same price as the Talk Like a Pirate day special from Telltale's site a few weeks ago, but with Steamplay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, damn, I should have waited! I'd much rather have it on Steam.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I feel ya man, I have exams nearly every week and they aren't gimme's either. My game purchases have slowed down tremendously which is a good thing, but yeah...when there's so little time do much else, gaming is taking the hit. Dec 10 is my final final and I'll be free for a month.. which means WoW if anything else though lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I don't think I have played anything other than Counter-Strike lately since it's easy to just disconnect mid game (unlike RPGs).

Though it may be October it's never to late to study for the LSAT in June...

Sigh...couldn't pass it up, another game to add to the never ending back log of games....will have a bit of time to catch up around thanksgiving I think...

[quote name='madogmgd']It was 4.95$ on talk like a pirate day...

Not willing to spend the extra cash.

Think Ill just wait

ty anyway tc:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

For...four cents? :whistle2:?

[quote name='mogamer']I too bought this from Telltale at this price. I don't know why people are so hung up on getting everything from Steam.[/QUOTE]

In this case in particular, I'd agree with you. Telltale offers the game with no DRM, and you can get a physical copy (usually with a bunch of on-disc extras) for the cost of shipping.

I don't have any issues with Steam, but Telltale is a case where I'm always willing to buy from them instead of through Valve.

bread's done
Back