Wednesday deal DEAD Metro 33 for 66% off

Metro 2033 for 13.60

TUESDAY DEAL IS DEAD
Tuesday deal WAS Titan Quest Titles for 75% off

Titan Quest Gold 4.99
Titan Quest 3.74
Titan Quest Immortal Throne 3.74

MONDAY DEAL IS DEAD
Monday's deal WAS Red Faction Games for 75% off.

RED FACTION 2.49

RED FACTION 2 2.49

RED FACTION GUERRILLA 4.99

I'll be updating this thread every day (yes I lead that exciting a life) when they change so stay tuned

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully Steams stops me from doing stupid things like buying games I forgot I already own on Steam :roll:

Yet another reason for me to buy on Steam rather than physical media that gets stuffed in a box somewhere and forgotten.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']What's the chances that the THQ pack will be on sale for 75% off?[/QUOTE]

75%? Low to non-existent

50%? Very high

I do enjoy TQ, and own both it and Immortal Throne on CD. Might pick this up on Steam just for the convenience, and to be able to run it on 2 systems for MP (always good to have a storage mule if ya get full :D)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/29712-REL-Bugfix-patch-1.17

Is this the unofficial patch you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's it. I skipped installing it because I was afraid it would mess up my installation. Around 60 hours of playing (into the expansion pack chapters), there is an area where a graphics effect on the screen brings your computer to its knees. I have a new gaming computer, and my framerate fell to about 10 fps. A little research and I find out that the fan patch fixes it, along with some other little issues that affected my class at upper levels that I hadn't realized. It was a tremendous help.

[quote name='gcorlett']Yes, that's it. I skipped installing it because I was afraid it would mess up my installation. Around 60 hours of playing (into the expansion pack chapters), there is an area where a graphics effect on the screen brings your computer to its knees. I have a new gaming computer, and my framerate fell to about 10 fps. A little research and I find out that the fan patch fixes it, along with some other little issues that affected my class at upper levels that I hadn't realized. It was a tremendous help.[/QUOTE]

This is good to know - at the very least I'm going to fire up TQ again (Cd copy) - so I'll be checking out this patch!

[quote name='caldazar']I figure I'll chime in here on Darksiders as well - here's hoping they have a 75% or better sale! :D[/QUOTE]

A-frickin'-men to this!!!! Been wanting to check out Darksiders for a while now.

On that note, Wow, is it just me or is Titan Quest the most discounted game EVER on Steam? It feel like its at least once a month!

Also, for anyone on the fence, the mod community for this game is fantastic, they've even created entirely different Masteries and skill sets, so the game doesn't get old even after beating it on Legendary.

The best site is www.titanquest.net for info on mods and patches and what not.

I loved Metro 2033. Yes, it's very linear and very scripted but the atmosphere was awesome and the gunplay very fun and intense. Definitely worth that price IMO.

I just watched the official HD trailer on metro2033's website and WOW, it looks awesome.

Looks like a recent game, why is it so cheap? any problems with it?
I love post-apocalyptic stuff, and this looks like a great story game.

i have no issues w/ linearity & scripted gaming, Gears of War is both and is one of my fav franchises.

Is it worth the $13.50?
My PC kinda sucks right now and I probably wont be able to run it maxed out today, You guys think it'll drop to below $10 around Steam's AWESOME Christmas sales? I have some major overtime coming up at work in 2 weeks and a PC upgrade is in the cards for the beginning of the new year.

[quote name='postulio']I just watched the official HD trailer on metro2033's website and WOW, it looks awesome.

Looks like a recent game, why is it so cheap? any problems with it?
I love post-apocalyptic stuff, and this looks like a great story game.

i have no issues w/ linearity & scripted gaming, Gears of War is both and is one of my fav franchises.

Is it worth the $13.50?
My PC kinda sucks right now and I probably wont be able to run it maxed out today, You guys think it'll drop to below $10 around Steam's AWESOME Christmas sales? I have some major overtime coming up at work in 2 weeks and a PC upgrade is in the cards for the beginning of the new year.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with it, just a new IP that no one cared about. I do think it will be sub $10 during the xmas sale so I would wait though it is worth it at this price point so I would not think it would be regrettable purchasing it right now. And you won't be able to max it out unless you have top notch hardware, it is brutal on the system.

I dunno but Metro just doesn't look that great to me. Graphics look kind of out dated while the voice acting seemed pretty off from the trailers.

I'll take my chances with the Xmas sell if I change my mind.

Man, I'd be all over this if I had a more powerful rig. I thought about snatching it up now and backlogging it until then, but there will probably be a better sale during Christmas or Summer of next year. I'll hold out until then.

[quote name='fastitocalon']There is nothing wrong with it, just a new IP that no one cared about. I do think it will be sub $10 during the xmas sale so I would wait though it is worth it at this price point so I would not think it would be regrettable purchasing it right now. And you won't be able to max it out unless you have top notch hardware, it is brutal on the system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm planning on building a pretty hefty system in my case come January, guess I'll wait them. This is definitely something I want to at least try to max out.

[quote name='Shimrra']Passing on Metro, I still have Stalker that I have not finished yet.[/QUOTE]

your signature is absurd (in a good way). where is it from?!

Anyone else had this nonsense happen through steam where you try to pay for something and it tells you that it was not completed as your credit card declined the payment? I have literally had my credit card company on the phone while i try to buy something and they tell me the attempt to pay for it hasnt even gone through to there end. I try to ask people at Steam whats up but they take weeks to write back. I had no problems with this credit card before either and have funds available to use and now all of a sudden it isnt working. I missed out on Titan Quest Gold yesterday because of this, Any ideas?

Have tried using a different card both times it says this. Was just wondering if anyone else encountered this problem and found something that worked.

Had the same problem the other day, with my debit card. Turned out I didn't have enough money in my checking account, even though I had plenty in my savings, and my bank is supposed to draw from savings when checkings runs out. Maybe it's your bank at fault?

In the future, you could make sure you have a backup payment method. Steam accepts PayPal as well.

[quote name='Kiluminati']Anyone else had this nonsense happen through steam where you try to pay for something and it tells you that it was not completed as your credit card declined the payment? I have literally had my credit card company on the phone while i try to buy something and they tell me the attempt to pay for it hasnt even gone through to there end. I try to ask people at Steam whats up but they take weeks to write back. I had no problems with this credit card before either and have funds available to use and now all of a sudden it isnt working. I missed out on Titan Quest Gold yesterday because of this, Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

If you have a paypal account, use that. I've run into similar problems in the past with CC's and Steam, but after switching to paypal as my payment option I have yet to have another problem.

I have had my credit company on the phone with me as I attempted to make payment and they said the authorization to even make the payment never even came through to their end so it wasnt them declining it and I had more then enough funds available.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']If you have a paypal account, use that. I've run into similar problems in the past with CC's and Steam, but after switching to paypal as my payment option I have yet to have another problem.[/QUOTE]

Not interested in paying money to pay for something not to mention have had problems with Paypal in the past.

[quote name='Kiluminati']Not interested in paying money to pay for something not to mention have had problems with Paypal in the past.[/QUOTE]
I've never had to pay a fee when buying over Paypal. That's only for sellers, I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Metro 2033 for 66% off from $39.99 to $13 on Wednesday.

Too much to hope for Darksiders being $39.99 to $13 on Thursday? I HOPE NOT![/QUOTE]

Darksiders hasn't been out that long for PC. Try 50% off.

On the one hand, I'm hoping for CoH, because I missed out when it was on sale a month ago. On the other hand, DoW2 looks kind of awesome. Looks like it'll work out for me whichever way it goes.

Awesome deal on Metro. It goes on the backlog now.

Did this get any decent mods or was the game locked down? The quirks I had kept me from buying it on launch.

Wish it was 75% off instead. That would have put it at a more tempting price range. If the game just isn't that popular, I don't understand why they are holding the price so high.

Though I really want to get Metro 2033, it didn't hit the magic price. Maybe one day I'll be able to land it for $10 or even 7.50

[quote name='iRent']Maybe one day I'll be able to land it for $10 or even 7.50[/QUOTE]

Such ambitious dreams we cherish at this site... ;)

[quote name='BitLooter']On the one hand, I'm hoping for CoH, because I missed out when it was on sale a month ago. On the other hand, DoW2 looks kind of awesome. Looks like it'll work out for me whichever way it goes.[/QUOTE]

I myself am hoping for DoW2 deals, namely on the recent expansion. Bought the core game on a Steam sale long ago, and I love it; mainly the single-player (or coop!) campaign, and the survival mode for multiplayer. It's just a fun, well made game.

Oh, and CoH is amazing too (probably better for competitive multiplayer) but I already have that thanks to good old GameTap!

bread's done
Back