[Steam] Torchlight $5.00 US

Not a bad price at all for such an excellent Diablo 2 clone. I got it for the same price back during Steam's holiday sale during december-january.

Torchlight is a steal for $5. If you have any interest in dungeon crawlers, check it out.
Heard it may eventually be coming to consoles.

Is Steam alright for netbooks? I was looking for netbook-friendly games and Torchlight comes up, but I'm not sure if you need a constant internet connection for games bought through Steam?

There is an offline feature for Steam, so you can play all your games regardless of if you are connected to the internet or not. Steam is a beautiful hub program, and the best form of digital distribution when it comes to gaming, there really shouldnt be anyone that doubts Steam.

Only thing that sucks is that Steam doesn't connect to the connection at my college campus, it sucks not being able to play Left 4 Dead 2 online in between and during classes :( On the plus side there is no taxes when purchasing from Steam, you pay what you see after converting to CDN dollars, which is on par with U.S nowadays

For those who are interested, this game runs great on my 3 year old macbook (not pro). And for those with netbooks, the game also has a netbook option on the settings screen.

Thanks for the info op!

Yeah, I installed Steam & the demo last night on my Toshiba NB205 netbook... it was pretty choppy & CPU intensive, even on "netbook setting". I don't think I could really enjoy it so I uninstalled it. If it could run smooth I think it would be a fun game.

bread's done
Back