Steam: Total War week, All Total War games 66% off and a bundle

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
150 (100%)
All current Total War games on sale for a week, 66% off.

Have a bundle that includes all current for $20.39, includes

Empire Total War
Rome Gold Total War + Alexandria Expansion
Medieval Total War + Kingdoms Expansion

Great deal

i wound up getting the rome complete for 3.39, I don't play a lot of rts games, and this will scratch that itch without being too much. If i don't play Rome many times, im not out very much. $20 is outside my "impulse budget"

i played the first tutorial of the Empire demo tonight and so far I'm not impressed. My units seemed to ignore many of my commands, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the cannon units to stop firing , and I ran across a couple glitches. I notice that the game was "hiding" enemy units in the forests around the map and I naturally attacked them. Unfortunately, while they would respond to my units by firing and meleeing them, neither side was taking any damage.. they weren't supposed to be attacked until THEY attack you. it took me at least 10 minutes of watching them melee before i realized the arrow on the battlefield telling me where i had to stand before they would advance. I realize it's just a tutorial but for the sake of us who have a certain instinct in RTS games, you'd think they would opt to spawn the enemies when they're ready for you to fight them, instead of just putting them there in the open.

tonight i'm gonna try the naval tutorial and an actual battle

btw i should mention im brand new to the total war series but not to rts

I haven't played it because it was so buggy on release, but I know Empire:TW has had significant patching since then. They probably didn't patch the demo though so maybe the wonky AI and glitches aren't as bad on the updated full version. But I don't know for sure.

This is kind of a weird comparison, but let's say I only have $20 to spend and I'm looking at the Empire Total War pack or the new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game that just came out ... which do you think is more worthwhile. I guess the obvious answer might be the TW pack because it's more game for your money ... but here's where I'm conflicted - Rome & Medieval II both look relatively dated, Empire is of course more modern but the reviews have been somewhat mixed. Pripyat actually looks like an improvement on the original and better than Clear Sky, plus it uses DX11, so it'll look extra cool on my system.

For anyone that's a fan of both franchises, what are your thoughts? Does Empire: TW deserve the mixed rap it has or is it worth picking up for sure? I don't really have time to play all 3 TW games, so the bundle doesn't hold a huge appeal to me, unless the first two games are absolutely 'can't miss' titles ... thoughts on this?

[quote name='etcrane']
For anyone that's a fan of both franchises, what are your thoughts? Does Empire: TW deserve the mixed rap it has or is it worth picking up for sure? I don't really have time to play all 3 TW games, so the bundle doesn't hold a huge appeal to me, unless the first two games are absolutely 'can't miss' titles ... thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of both franchises, since I've never played Stalker. However, I think the TW games are well worth the price of admission if you like strategy gaming. Rome:TW has slightly dated graphics, but the game still looks pretty good, and it plays great. Medieval II:TW is essentially more of the same, with a different time period and better graphics, although some don't like the gameplay as much. Haven't jumped on Empire:TW yet, so I don't know what is going on there.

Ultimately, I think a lot of it depends on how much you like strategy gaming and the time periods these TW games represent. If you like strategy, then you really should try TW. As far as the time periods go, this mega pack covers a lot of great historical time periods, so you should have a lot of variety at the very least. For $20, this mega pack is pretty much a no-brainer for anyone that hasn't given the TW series a try yet.

Slight problem , I already have Rome and Medieval , but not the expansions for either or Empire. Would it be worth it to get either of the expansions or Empire in this sale (individually or as the package) or just wait and see if they eventually go on sale again separately , possibly cheaper.

bread's done
Back