Steam: Tropico 3 Steam SE $7.50

hal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition 75% off ($7.50)

Metacritic 79/100

Sale ends May 21st.

The Steam Special Edition of Tropico 3 contains the following additional content:

Two additional maps for the sandbox mode:
  • Verde Playa
  • Coco Chico Map
Two additional costumes for the el presidente avatar editor:
  • Female Avatar: Casual Clothes
  • Male Avatar: Casual Clothes
Two additional accessories for the el presidente avatar editor:
  • Female Avatar: Baseball Hat
  • Male Avatar: Commie Hat
Engage in a tropical power trip! Become the dictator of a remote island during the Cold War. Charm, persuade, intimidate, oppress, or cheat your people to stay in power! Are you a kind and generous leader? A corrupt and ruthless tyrant ruling with an iron fist? Turn your island into a tourist paradise or an industrial power. Make promises to the electorate or slander political adversaries to get the crucial votes for the upcoming elections. Send your avatar to congratulate the people, visit the island of another player, or just sun-bathe on the Caribbean beach.

Play the Cold War superpowers against each other to your maximum advantage. Tropico 3 offers a tongue-in-cheek, light-hearted take on real world issues like third world politics, corruption and totalitarian regimes.

• A campaign consisting of 15 missions
  • Random map generator
  • Timeline editor
  • The Avatar — customizable and under the player's control
  • Election speeches
  • Simulation of the life, family, and political views of each Tropican
  • Vehicles and Roads
  • New buildings and new units
  • Online Scoring
  • Visits to islands controlled by other players

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit this thing just keeps getting cheaper.

I got it during the holiday sale... great game if you like city builders. Highly recommended at $7.50.

Is this the same game that is available for the 360? I've had it on my gamefly queue for awhile but I'd pay 7.50 for the pc version.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Is this the same game that is available for the 360? I've had it on my gamefly queue for awhile but I'd pay 7.50 for the pc version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except that the pc version has more features. So yeah, the pc version is a better buy.

You could play Civ IV Complete for the rest of your life. :)

That said, Tropico 3 for $7.50 is a great deal, and that is what I am going to be playing his weekend.

what kind of gameplay is this? Like a SimCity or something? I passed on the last sale, but this looks interesting... is it an RTS or.. info would be great, thanks guys. I will also research myself.

I might download this when I get home, I've been interested in trying this game for the 360, but it seems like it would be a better play on the PC anyway.

I bought it in the Steam Holiday sale for twice that price. It's a fun game. I like it better than the Sim Cities games because you're actively doing more -- it's not just micromanagement.

I , like others, paid $13.60 for it during the Holiday 2009 Sale. Totally worth it back then, and to those that love these types of games...it's a no-brainer! Awesome game! :)

I've always thought games like this would be better on PC. I have not played the 360 one, but it just would seem easier to control the game with a mouse than a controller. Great game and worth the $7.50! Also check out the Tropico pack on Steam that comes with the first and second game for $10!

Instant buy for me at that price. I have been aching for some sim city style gameplay lately. I just bought Sim City Societies from GoGamer.com today for 90 cents. Between that and this, I am set as far as my sim city fix. :)

Thanks for the post!

Bought it on disc at full price and don't regret it one bit.

For those wondering what kind of game this is, it's basically Sim City: Communism edition.

fucking with your citizens is awesome. I saw a screenshot where the guy refused to build any houses for people so they lived only in shacks, set up a shack-quadrant, then surrounded the shacks with statues of himself so they couldn't leave.

Hilarious.

I picked it up, been wanting to play it before and I have played both of the other Tropico games. I wanted to get it for my 360 collection but the price did not want to seem to drop so, you can't beat it for $7.50

- Jason

Will a stock computer be able to run this? HP Slimline, with a dual core, 4 gigs of RAM... You know, a basic prebuilt. GeForce 6150 lol.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Will a stock computer be able to run this? HP Slimline, with a dual core, 4 gigs of RAM... You know, a basic prebuilt. GeForce 6150 lol.[/QUOTE]
should be fine

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Will a stock computer be able to run this? HP Slimline, with a dual core, 4 gigs of RAM... You know, a basic prebuilt. GeForce 6150 lol.[/QUOTE]

Come on dude, all you had to do was click the steam link and scroll down to system requirements. Don't ask stupid questions.

Probably not, I've got a 2.4GHz dual core, 4GB of RAM, and a Geforce G200 (or something around there) and the game plays like shit while having basically all of the graphical settings set to low.

But there's a demo so you should definitely check that out and see if it runs any better for you.

[quote name='SportInjectionR']Come on dude, all you had to do was click the steam link and scroll down to system requirements. Don't ask stupid questions.[/QUOTE]

You can't be so stupid as to think that minimum system requirements will equal a decent gaming experience, or even a playable one.

[quote name='hpv']Probably not, I've got a 2.4GHz dual core, 4GB of RAM, and a Geforce G200 (or something around there) and the game plays like shit while having basically all of the graphical settings set to low.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Really? Didnt think it was that graphic intensive. I am running a quad core with a Radeon 4890 @ 1200x1900(yes, portrait) with 8GB's of RAM at max settings with 4xAA and it still isnt putting a dent in the machine. It looks good, but isnt the end all, be all of visuals. I am actually surprised that it chugs on anything.

[quote name='Homerun17']Well you don't have to be that mean, Next time you want to know if your computer can run something....

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx[/QUOTE]

Friendly advice, though it may not be accurate in this case, unless
I have been using the site wrong. A link to where
it will diagnose ANY Tropico games eligibility would be much
appreciated, as their list is far from thorough and this discovery
would be quite an eye opener for me. I am still on the hunt
for a similar site that goes deep enough for my generic machine.

Getting ready to install the Demo, so I will know shortly.

[quote name='vikingvessel']Friendly advice, though it may not be accurate in this case, unless
I have been using the site wrong. A link to where
it will diagnose ANY Tropico games eligibility would be much
appreciated, as their list is far from thorough and this discovery
would be quite an eye opener for me. I am still on the hunt
for a similar site that goes deep enough for my generic machine.

Getting ready to install the Demo, so I will know shortly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it doesn't have Tropico, I just realized...but it does have most mainstream games...I find it useful on occasion. Thought I would share it

with all visual settings maxed it look spretty nice, i was suprised at how good it looked actually.

I was on the fence as cant get that into civilization. i gave the demo a shot and had a good time with it. more my style i think.

[quote name='hpv']Probably not, I've got a 2.4GHz dual core, 4GB of RAM, and a Geforce G200 (or something around there) and the game plays like shit while having basically all of the graphical settings set to low.[/QUOTE]

For everyone in the thread (not just replying to you hpv), I have a 3.0GHz dual core, 4GB of RAM, Geforce GTX260, runs very smooth with settings near maxed (only AA and view distance turned down 1 notch).

Definitely requires a good PC, but anything like my rig should be sufficient.

As long as you have any dedicated GPU and not integrated it'll run fine.

Just bought it, I've been hearing nothing but praise about it.

bread's done
Back