Steam - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, $4.99

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

This is a First/Third-person (you can switch) action RPG with a great story where you play as a new vampire trying to learn about and survive in the vampire and human societies. You can choose between one of several clans of vampires such as the aristocratic Ventrues, psycho Malkovians, disfigured Nosferatus, etc., each with their own unique traits and possibly dialogue (I personally love the crazy Malkovian conversations). The storyline can deviate as you pick different choices and support different factions, each with their own views and goals. Unfortunately for Twilight fans, there are no sparkles that I can recall. The game is quite dark in general (story, atmosphere, night-time).

The game is quite old, but I personally feel that it is a very good game despite the age. And I'm sure most people who've played it will agree. Despite that, it doesn't seem to go on sale too often, although it did go on sale during this year's Steam Summer Sale (don't think it dropped this low though). It also does have many fan-patches and mods that fix things or change many elements of the game.

Edit: Looks like it's a Weekend Deal, so I guess that means it'll be on from now until Monday at 10AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been interested in this game for some time now, so I grabbed it as soon as the sale started. Looking forward to trying it out...

Just got it having trouble getting it to run on my computer. I keep getting a memory error. Im running windows 7 64bit does anyone have any suggestions?

[quote name='spiderman4657']Just got it having trouble getting it to run on my computer. I keep getting a memory error. Im running windows 7 64bit does anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I'm also running Win7 64-bit but haven't tried it out yet. You can check the Steam forums for the game:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229

People seem to suggest that as long as you've patched it with the latest "unofficial patch" (linked a few posts earlier) that it runs just fine on Win7 64-bit.

[quote name='whoknows']How hard would this be to play on my laptop with the touchpad mouse...thing?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on how good you are at maneuvering around the camera with it. I would def suggest a mouse as you can get them for a few bucks.

Tremere for your first playthrough, Malkavian for your second. As a general rule melee weapons are stronger in the beginning of the game, while guns are better later on. Figuring out the stat system is critical too, since some are vital while others are useless (i.e. there's ways of "cheating" with blood buffs and the hacking skill)

Definitely get one of the unofficial patches. It fixes the memory errors, resolutions, etc. I have the game working on Windows 7 64bit here. There are two major choices:
Tessera's - This is mostly just fixing bugs and glitches while leaving the game as it is.
Wesp's - Fixes bugs and glitches as well as restores unused content. There is an option of a normal or plus patch. The plus patch adds more content and changes based on how Wesp believed the game should have been.

Personally, I've only used Wesp's patch, so I can't really give a comparison between the two. Also in Steam, change the properties of the game so it doesn't automatically update. I've heard that sometimes Steam will try to revert the game back to the official 1.2 patch when it sees any other version.

And, I agree with bVork. Malkavian's are extremely fun to play due to their crazy dialogue. But because of their dialogue, it makes it somewhat difficult to understand what's happening in the story. Nosferatu are just much more difficult because they aren't able to blend in with humans. Both of them are great to play AFTER the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the game and got the patch installed, game is pretty cool so far.

1. is their a Map? cause I have no clue where im going half the time
2. Any quest markers?

There's a map by each bus stop in each hub. There are no quest markers, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding locations if you check the quest info in your log and then look at a bus map.

I bought it. Hope my older PC can run it. Saw the game on a video about 2 years ago and was really interested. Generally I don't play PC games but this one is interesting.

bread's done
Back