Steam Weekend Deal (08/05) -- Gratuitous Space Battles 75% off (all DLC 75% too)

Volcynika

CAGiversary!
Spotlight_wd_GratuitousSpaceBattles2.jpg

Base game -- $4.99
Base game + all DLC -- $6.24
DLC -- $1.49 apiece (3 total pieces of DLC)

$4.99 for base game, $6.24 for game + all DLC, or DLC separately for $1.49 apiece

Demo is also available.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41800/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite interested in this mostly because I'm really into checking out Indie games and this was apparently mostly a 1-man dev team. I'd be interested to hear how it compares to Sins of a Solar Empire in regards to the combat.

I enjoy Sins, but since I'm still learning how to play it... it's quite a time investment to play a match even in smaller maps. It'd be cool to hear if this has a bit of faster pacing for the unit generation and combat.

I have this on Impulse and it is a pretty cool game. It is a bit like a tower defense strategy game since you don't have any direct control over your ships once combat begins.

There is a fairly complex system where you build your ships (picking out shields, weapons, engines, etc) and deploy them before the battle begins. You chose which ships to field, how many, their positions, and their orders. After the battle begins all you can do is watch and see how your fleet does in battle.

Looks very interesting but I should really resist. I still have a ton of games to play from the Steam summer sale.

Wow. For the first time I got the"Steam servers are too busy message." That's through Over 100 game purchases and a bunch of demos.

I guess the streak had to end sometime.

[quote name='Saablic']Looks very interesting but I should really resist. I still have a ton of games to play from the Steam summer sale.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='WebScud']Wow. For the first time I got the"Steam servers are too busy message." That's through Over 100 game purchases and a bunch of demos.

I guess the streak had to end sometime.[/QUOTE]

I got that for two days straight after they released Alien Swarm a few weeks ago.

Yeah.. This game is not for everyone.. I bought it off Impulse (Give me two to the head now) expensive retarded mistake. Its not what I expected. I liked it. Just don't believe I spent so much for it. This is more what the game is worth.

[quote name='Xealot42'] It is a bit like a tower defense strategy game since you don't have any direct control over your ships once combat begins.[/QUOTE]

That's my one big complaint after trying the demo. I wish it was more like Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. That game is an incredible space combat game.

[quote name='Mike UFC']That's my one big complaint after trying the demo. I wish it was more like Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. That game is an incredible space combat game.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out! Sounds awesome, thank you!

I want to like it but I'm just not understanding the game. I'm doing a whole lot of trial and error and, oddly enough, I can beat the first real level on the demo on expert but not on normal or hard. Is there a normal rock, paper, scissors method or am I missing something?

bread's done
Back