STEAM Weekend Deal (9/2-9/6) - All Company of Heroes products 75% off

Volcynika

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, this is tough to buy with StarCraft II dominating so much of my time. I dont know when (if ever) I will actually get around to playing this.

But for $2.50 I can't say no.

sigghhhhh Steam... I got excited for a second and was going to jump on it but, alas I own this already and don't even remember buying it... I think it was the THQ pack that another poster mentioned during the summer sale... me and Steam? It's a Love/Hate relationship...

Yeah, the THQ pack was an okay deal, but there were a lot of games in it I just did not want or need. I'd prefer to pick games up piecemeal.

I went for the threesome. As is typical, threesomes for a good price are great. :p

can anybody comment on the worth of buying the gold edition? seems like the original campaign is entirely in coh online. does coh online allow the original to be played like to retail release without micro transactions?

So I bought the complete pack but do I just need to install the original game and then enter the other two's cd key's into the original? I'm confused. They're each about 9 gigs and was wondering if I do or do not need to install the two expansions.

Kind of sucks.

I bought the disc version of CoH regular for $6 off Amazon thinking I was getting a deal last week.

Tempted to buy it again for $2.50 out of spite. Oh and the beyond-annoying "insert disc" thing.

:D

[quote name='paz9x']can anybody comment on the worth of buying the gold edition? seems like the original campaign is entirely in coh online. does coh online allow the original to be played like to retail release without micro transactions?[/QUOTE]
Can anyone answer this? The only thing that would stop me from grabbing the original for $2.50 would be the possibility of getting it for free.

[quote name='RebelCapitalist']Kind of sucks.

I bought the disc version of CoH regular for $6 off Amazon thinking I was getting a deal last week.

Tempted to buy it again for $2.50 out of spite. Oh and the beyond-annoying "insert disc" thing.

:D[/QUOTE]

You can attach your CoH game to the Opposing Fronts game by creating an account with Opposing Fronts and then adding the original game's product key to the same account. Then you can play the first game after launching Opposing Fronts from Steam without putting the original game disc in. I know this, as I just did it.

Help me out here... I own the Disk versions of the Gold Edition. I know that I only really need ToV for online play. ...but I haven't completed the original campaign.

Re-buy it all on Steam... or just grab ToV for multiplayer?

[quote name='Decker']You can attach your CoH game to the Opposing Fronts game by creating an account with Opposing Fronts and then adding the original game's product key to the same account. Then you can play the first game after launching Opposing Fronts from Steam without putting the original game disc in. I know this, as I just did it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll give it a shot later. :)

I can't understand why people are even debating whether or not to get this. It's one of the best strategy game series of all time for $12.50. Even if COHO contains some of the same content, you still get two additional factions and a a bunch of other content. I bought all three games at full price and I haven't regretted it for one minute.

On a side note, the even though the game is nearly 4 years old, the graphics still give Starcraft 2 a run for its money.

[quote name='Decker']You really like ToV? The reviews for that one seem pretty brutal. Sounds brief, shallow and unnecessary.

Metacritc score of 70 is pretty mediocre for a CoH game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/company-of-heroes-tales-of-valor/critic-reviews[/QUOTE]
Most of the complaints for that go into the fact that it's just more missions that last 6-10 hours for a high price. Considering the sale price those negatives go out the window.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Most of the complaints for that go into the fact that it's just more missions that last 6-10 hours for a high price. Considering the sale price those negatives go out the window.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Tales of Valor was a disappointment compared to the first two games, but its easily worth the current asking price.

Is it worth getting the original game for $2.50 on Steam rather than playing it for free with CoH: Online? I have no interest in the expansion as I probably won't have any time to play them.

[quote name='eagles5769']Is it worth getting the original game for $2.50 on Steam rather than playing it for free with CoH: Online? I have no interest in the expansion as I probably won't have any time to play them.[/QUOTE]
Well if you're interested in single player COHOnline will have it one day but no one knows how it's going to be done.

For 2.50 to play now and be able to play it no matter how they decide to release the free version is worth it if you enjoy the game

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Well if you're interested in single player COHOnline will have it one day but no one knows how it's going to be done.

For 2.50 to play now and be able to play it no matter how they decide to release the free version is worth it if you enjoy the game[/QUOTE]
it looks like its available right now in the open beta.

I downloaded the beta. I'd rather have it on steam as just the game so I bought it for $2.50

I wont be playing it for months like all games I buy on steam, but at least I have it.

I was going to wait until someone had a retail/hard copy for sale, but I made the mistake of watching several hours of "Patton 360" on the History Channel last night.

Had to buy it.

That's terrible news. I was intrigued at the bit that they might charge a passenger with vehicular homicide. I've never heard of that before. I wonder what the circumstances were.

went ahead and bought the complete pack. for $12.50 i know i have all the content. this will be my next rts after i finish the sc2 campaign.

[quote name='Decker']That's terrible news. I was intrigued at the bit that they might charge a passenger with vehicular homicide. I've never heard of that before. I wonder what the circumstances were.[/QUOTE]

More info about that:

According to state troopers, Weichert’s vehicle crossed into the other lane into oncoming traffic when it collided with Wood’s vehicle around 8:50 pm. Weichert now faces the possibility of being charged with vehicular homicide and vehicular assault. Samantha Bowling, age 22, is also facing charges. While Weichert decided to take off her sweater, Bowling took the wheel and steered for her, thus triggering the accident when she lost control of the vehicle.

I looked for a memorial fund, but no info yet. I'll keep searching and post here if I find anything.

I was trying to hold off buying another game I don't have time to play, but I just picked up the complete set since the sale was still going on this morning (11am PST, Sept 7). Not sure how much of the money will go to his family but hopefully some of it will.

bread's done
Back