Steam Weekend Deal: Empire:Total War and Special forces edition 50% off

are the loading times as horrid as shown in the demo? that and the horrid controls really through me off from a launch purchase

Are the six units in the Special Forces Edition actually worth $10 more than the normal version? HMS Victory is cool and all, but I really can't see these units adding very much, especially in single player.

The battle controls are fine for me. What really does it for me is the turn-based portion has the one more turn addictiveness of Civilization. You can always just click auto resolve for a battle if you don't feel like bothering.

I read about this game being part turn based and part real time, depending on the aspect of battle, but I'm confused. I never could get into turn based games, whether it be RPG (which I like real time battles in) or strategy. Basically I like Red Alert and Zelda more than Civ or Final Fantasy, respectively, if that makes sense...

[quote name='BWS1982']I read about this game being part turn based and part real time, depending on the aspect of battle, but I'm confused. I never could get into turn based games, whether it be RPG (which I like real time battles in) or strategy. Basically I like Red Alert and Zelda more than Civ or Final Fantasy, respectively, if that makes sense...[/QUOTE]

Total War series has a strategic mode which is turn-based: Do everything you want in all your cities, etc. and end your turn. Actual combat is real-time. So it's kind of like a "best of both worlds" - once you get a large empire, you can't possibly manage everything in real-time. And turn-based combat can be rather bland.

bread's done
Back