Steam Weekend Deal- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $7.49

How's the multiplayer on this? Big community since MW2 and BC2 have been out? And most of all, actually fun online? May pick it up anyway, only $7. Think I'll check out some YouTube gameplay vids actually...

Looks like you're right, multiplayer is dead, single player is just OK. Maybe I'll get a buddy or two of mine to pick it up since it has the campaigns available in online co-op mode, which I've heard is pretty good.

I remember the first OFP game and how it was a system hog and you died super easy. And how if one person saw you then everyone on the island saw you and the enemy could see through trees.

I actually really wanted to like the first OFP but it was so unfair it blew my mind. This one from the reviews seems while better it still has some of the huge flaws of the first one. So even for 7.50 I'm going to pass.

Man, Steam. I think the holiday sale spoiled me into thinking every sale Steam has is a must buy. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I say try the demo out but at this price you know there are alot of people out there buying it so the rooms should start filling up.

Horrible game in all honesty, single player is not worth $7.49, and multiplayer is rightfully dead, buggy and glitchy as it is.

Anyone else play this yet? I was a huge fan of the first. One of the few realistic shooters out there (arguably at the expense of fun). There were some big flaws like the omnipotent enemies, but most of the campaign missions kept that in check. Plus the modding scene was fantastic. Is this sequel, anywhere near as good as the first? Or is it just another multiplayer sell out FPS? I guess for $7.50 I should just try it out anyways.

Hmm...any game pad support, I wonder? I know everyone else playing on Steam thinks I'm insane but I vastly prefer using a game pad over keyboard/mouse any day of the week. :nottalking:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...any game pad support, I wonder? I know everyone else playing on Steam thinks I'm insane but I vastly prefer using a game pad over keyboard/mouse any day of the week. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

It uses the 360 gamepad, same buttons as if you are playing it on the 360.

If you want this type of game with a multiplayer community then I would highly suggest checking out ARMA and ARMA 2.

ArmA II completely and utterly curb stomps this game into oblivion. So does ArmA 1, for that matter. $7.49 would be far better spent torwards either ARMA game.

bread's done
Back