Steam Weekend Deal: Orange Box $10 US

Fantastic price. I think I'll bite. Anyone know how much HD space the whole thing takes up? I'm a little low and I can't find that listed anywhere in the specs/requirements. Yes, I'm a steam noob :(

[quote name='psyck0']My computer can't run it, but I am tempted to buy it anyway...[/quote]

I've definitely done that before. One day I'll be able to play that copy of Bioshock....

Approximate sizes:
HL2: 3.4GB
HL2 E1: 4.4GB
TF2: 7.1GB (...included all the mods/custom content though)

I think although its a bundle, the programs are separate, so you don't HAVE TO install everything at once?

Is the Team fortress 2 worth it?(cause i already have the orange box on 360 and the team fortress 2 on that sucked)

From what I gathered from the posts, after I buy this I'd have to download the individual games right? And I can download/redownload them anytime?

I think my computer might barely be able to support these games, but sounds like a great deal so I might jump on it.

Anyone who can find an excuse to not buy this is truly the cheapest, and saddest person I know. Even if you don't like FPS games $10 is STILL an awesome deal to add some of the best games in the industry to your collection.

Sadly I know a few people like that :( godamn they're cheap fucks.

[quote name='Turtleman']Is the Team fortress 2 worth it?(cause i already have the orange box on 360 and the team fortress 2 on that sucked)[/quote]

It's 'cause you're playing with a bunch of 12-year olds with joysticks. Adults and funny griefers with mouse and keyboard friend.

such a great game worth well more than the price. i got it for 360 for $20 a year ago and thought that was awesome. this should be a no brainer if you have ever thought about picking this game up but haven't yet.

Okay I pretty much took about 10-20 min to decide and bought it in the end. I'll see how my crappy oldish computer runs these games, and if not I can wait till I get a new one. Thanks for the post. :)

[quote name='addone']Approximate sizes:
HL2: 3.4GB
HL2 E1: 4.4GB
TF2: 7.1GB (...included all the mods/custom content though)

I think although its a bundle, the programs are separate, so you don't HAVE TO install everything at once?[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I bought it and just installed HL2 for now. Didn't really have HD space for anything else, but I don't need ep1-2 until I finish HL2, I've already played though Portal on PS3 and didn't care for TF2, so I guess I'm cool for now. I'm really surprised how big these games are. They must have done some major squeezing to fit'em all on a 360 DVD.

nice deal :D

even though my computer is under the requirements.
i bought the package because I'm getting a laptop in the summer =)

I decided to shell out for it. It's not going to be any cheaper anytime soon and I just want to have it on my Steam account so I can come back and play it anytime I want.

I immensely regret not having bought this.
My computer was too weak to run any of the games, and I figured I'd buy it later when I actually had a decent computer.

I just got someone's old computer for free.

bread's done
Back