Steam Weekend Deal - Overlord $9.99 (75% off)

Great game, although it suffers from a MASSIVE spike in difficulty, which actually takes some of the fun away. I played for quite a few hours, then stopped completely when the difficulty went from challenging to downright brutal.

Good game, but not really the best Weekend Deal from Steam compared to what we've seen lately. Steam is pretty much the only one charging $40 for the game anymore. It's $15-$20 most places I checked. According to their websites, you can already get it for around the same price as what Steam is charging this weekend at Meijer and Buy.com.

Not that I'm saying this is a bad deal. The game is worth the $10. It's just that Steam has had such great weekend deals recently that this one seems a little lackluster.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Is it locked at 30 fps like the demo?[/quote]

It's built on a poorly optimized gfx engine--I have a pretty beefy PC, and it still runs at lower framerates than Gears of War.

Yeah, I would have bought this if I didn't already own the game on disk
If you were a fan of Pikmin, this is practically the same thing (except different style and whatnot)
Nice little game, $10 isn't too bad for it :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Great game, although it suffers from a MASSIVE spike in difficulty, which actually takes some of the fun away. I played for quite a few hours, then stopped completely when the difficulty went from challenging to downright brutal.[/quote]

That's a dealbreaker for me. Is there an easy mode?

I almost bought the 360 version for $20 today, but then I noticed the PS3 version seems to have more stuff in it, so I thought I'd wait for that to drop to $20. But $10 on PC? I didn't even know there was a PC version.

Hmm.

I might have to pick this up, if the difficulty level and shoddiness of the port don't turn me away. Does it have the extra stuff of the PS3 version?

[quote name='AwRy108']Great game, although it suffers from a MASSIVE spike in difficulty, which actually takes some of the fun away. I played for quite a few hours, then stopped completely when the difficulty went from challenging to downright brutal.[/quote]

hm, i must not have reached that part in the game then. i played for a bit and had a great time and then stopped playing for whatever reason.

i like a challenge, but if it's going to cause me to do a single part over and over again for 2 hours (i'm looking at you RAAM from gears of war), then i might just have to save my $10 to put towards the next weekend deal.

I didn't find it difficult until the very end (the desert level was more tedious than tricky and then the next levels were a bit much at first, but not impossible).
But it is very easy to grind to get more powerful weapons and followers, and there are some strategies to make it easier as well.

It's more a matter that most of the game is fairly easy, just send yuor little guys wherever and they kill stuff easily, but you need some tactical thinking later on. The commands to control your dudes can be a little frustrating when it gets really heated, but again, you can easily grind.

This is down at $8 or $9 at those ebgames still carrying it

Well, that sounds okay. I think I'm in. I'm just wondering if I shouldn't maybe go for the 360 or PS3 versions instead of PC, though. My PC can run the hell out of it, for sure, but there's always this "which version???" dilemma. It should be easier to decide, but it follows no rules or logic.

Edit: I'll try the demo. I've played through the 360 demo before.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Well, that sounds okay. I think I'm in. I'm just wondering if I shouldn't maybe go for the 360 or PS3 versions instead of PC, though. My PC can run the hell out of it, for sure, but there's always this "which version???" dilemma. It should be easier to decide, but it follows no rules or logic.

Edit: I'll try the demo. I've played through the 360 demo before.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version can't really be put with the rest. It's still basically at full price.

[quote name='AwRy108']It's built on a poorly optimized gfx engine--I have a pretty beefy PC, and it still runs at lower framerates than Gears of War.[/quote]

????????????????????????????????????????????????

When did it get hard, did you not take the time to actually UPGRADE your armor. Once I fused my sword with like a million red minions I did not even need my minions for the rest of the game, even thou i still used them.

P.S. if you just had a hard time harvesting souls that is what killing bugs in the arena was for.

[quote name='the_punisher']The PS3 version can't really be put with the rest. It's still basically at full price.[/quote]

no its not its 39.99 now @_@

Still way above, but not 59.99 anymore lol

bread's done
Back