Steam Weekend Deal Sept 26-29 - All Rockstar Games titles 50% off.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']"Five maximum downloads" is a really, really misleading way to put it. Five concurrent installs is more accurate. If you uninstall the game properly, you get an install credit back.[/QUOTE]

You say that like it makes it okay.

I was going to pick up San Andreas alone if it was $5. $10 is just the normal price. $30 is a terrific price for the whole thing (and $7.49 is a nice deal for May Payne) but I own everything of interest there except SA.

[quote name='forumreader']I think 5 concurrent installs is more than reasonable.[/quote]

Nah, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. The companies are holding us down, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. We should be able to install the game to a million systems, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Everything should be open source, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

booooooo... - Jim Norton

[quote name='forumreader']I think 5 concurrent installs is more than reasonable.[/quote]

It is reasonable, but if you don't go through the proper uninstall process, you do not get an install back. So if you accidentally delete the folder, or if you format your hard drive and forget to uninstall it first, you are out a few installs. 5 concurrent installs is no problem at all, but when you have to be careful not to lose some of those installs is when it becomes a problem.

[quote name='forumreader']I think 5 concurrent installs is more than reasonable.[/QUOTE]

I never said it wasn't, but "uninstall properly" is what was boldfaced. "as long as you play by our rules and nothing ever happens to your computer you can get your PRECIOUS INSTALL CREDIT back. otherwise call us and convince us you're not a pirate."

And like Spore, this was cracked and on the internet the day it came out. Way to fight the pirates, and good job punishing the people who pay for your game tough guys.

Ok so I installed steam and I got GTA vice city. It took me like 4 trys to update steam but as soon as the GTA finishes downloading I'll see how it performs.

when someone has the chance, i'd appreciate if they could let me know if GTA is widescreen supported. Someone already mentioned Max Payne is not, and would thus appear stretched on a widescreen monitor.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nah, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. The companies are holding us down, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. We should be able to install the game to a million systems, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Everything should be open source, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

booooooo... - Jim Norton
[/quote]

DRMs stink and I don't like 'em.

[quote name='SqueezyCrusty']when someone has the chance, i'd appreciate if they could let me know if GTA is widescreen supported. Someone already mentioned Max Payne is not, and would thus appear stretched on a widescreen monitor.[/quote]

San Andreas and VC have native wide screen support I believe. No clue on GTAIII.

Check widescreengaming.net to find what games support widescreen.

I'd be extremely surprised if GTA1 and 2 had widescreen support. Widescreen monitors and TVs were but a twinkle in our eyes back then. Hell, LCD monitors weren't on anyone's radar, either.

AFAIK, NVIDIA's control panel maintains appropriate aspect ratios on widescreen displays. If your graphics card supports scaling with fixed aspect ratios, the game won't be distored to 16:10.

Not exactly widescreen support, but at last it'll be playable at the correct aspect ratio.

[quote name='Serik']AFAIK, NVIDIA's control panel maintains appropriate aspect ratios on widescreen displays. If your graphics card supports scaling with fixed aspect ratios, the game won't be distored to 16:10.

Not exactly widescreen support, but at last it'll be playable at the correct aspect ratio.[/quote]

that's true for XP users. i upgraded to vista on my laptop and the nvidia control panel is completely downgraded. no fixed aspect ratio support at all. if anyone knows how to override this, i would appreciate help. unfortunately, my laptop video doesn't have any vista-geared drivers either.

bread's done
Back