Steam Weekend Deal- Serious Sam HD $6.79

I wouldn't have expected one of the holiday sale's daily deals to be one of the first weekend deals, and certainly not at even greater savings (it was 50% off on the 24th). I suppose it has been two weeks since then, but still.

I'm going to skip it for the same reason I skipped it in the holiday sale. I'm going to wait for the second encounter to come out and just get the inevitable discounted bundle. Maybe I'll even wait for Serious Sam 2 to be done up in HD too.

Steam gods be praised! I was having deal withdrawal. I probably won't bite on this, but that's hardly the point. The point is that I've got my fix now.

Thanks, OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this game be offered on disc or by other means? I hate and refuse to use Steam. I'd be glad to purchase it though as I liked the other SS games.

For those who own both the original and this HD remake, is it worth spending the $7 for this version if I've already played through the original?

[quote name='PikaPichu']For those who own both the original and this HD remake, is it worth spending the $7 for this version if I've already played through the original?[/QUOTE]

Same game... Better Graphics

[quote name='mokmoof']Steam gods be praised! I was having deal withdrawal. I probably won't bite on this, but that's hardly the point. The point is that I've got my fix now.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
I second this. I have no interest in Serious Sam, but, still, it's nice to see the year's first Weekend Deal. Keep it up, Steam.

[quote name='arrrggghhh']I believe it was $10 during the last sale. Glad I waited![/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked it up for $10 during the holiday sale. :cry:

How's the performance on weaker video cards (8600gt or 9400m) or a netbook?
I'd love to buy 3 copies. New graphics for less than $7 is pretty impressive.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']How much was it during the Steam Holiday Sale?[/QUOTE]
$14.99 regularly during the sale, $10 during a daily deal.

Good thing I never picked it up. Now I can get it cheaper. :applause:

[quote name='DPsx7']Will this game be offered on disc or by other means? I hate and refuse to use Steam. I'd be glad to purchase it though as I liked the other SS games.[/QUOTE]

You're making this comment now? Did you sleep through the holiday deals? If you refuse to use Steam, planning on paying more--a lot more--for PC software.

[quote name='turls']You're making this comment now? Did you sleep through the holiday deals? If you refuse to use Steam, planning on paying more--a lot more--for PC software.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you shop. Non-sale prices on Steam are the same, usually more, than retail anyway. Amazon tends to knock a few dollars off the price.

[quote name='NutManIV']Depends on where you shop. Non-sale prices on Steam are the same, usually more, than retail anyway. Amazon tends to knock a few dollars off the price.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the insane sale pricing . Of course, in this case I see what the problem is--there doesn't seem to be a physical media option available at this point.

[quote name='NutManIV']Depends on where you shop. Non-sale prices on Steam are the same, usually more, than retail anyway. Amazon tends to knock a few dollars off the price.[/QUOTE]

Honestly man, digital distro prices destroy retail prices when there is virtually any sale. I bought Overlord 1, 2, and an expansion for like 5 bucks total. It's still 25 just for Overlord 2 for PC on amazon, and that's from a third party...

[quote name='Xealot42']Yeah I picked it up for $10 during the holiday sale. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same, and I only played it for 5 min.. it feels OLD!! hahaha so yeah warning to you guys that are haters like me. But I'll prob try to co-op it since I hear that's great fun.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']How much was it during the Steam Holiday Sale?[/QUOTE]
i THINK it was 10 dollars...

[quote name='tyrone888']I'll wait for this game to hit $2 during the Holiday 2010 sale.[/QUOTE]

Oof, that sounds so far away. I agree though. After 2009's sale, I'm probably going to wait on a lot of my game purchases this year until a midweek/weekend deal or the holiday sale. I could have saved a lot of money on almost all of the October/November releases if I had just held out. Damn my instant gratification!

[quote name='bitter1961']I'm going to wait for the second encounter to come out and just get the inevitable discounted bundle. Maybe I'll even wait for Serious Sam 2 to be done up in HD too.[/QUOTE]

I was totally going to bite until you brought that up.

[quote name='DPsx7']Will this game be offered on disc or by other means? I hate and refuse to use Steam. I'd be glad to purchase it though as I liked the other SS games.[/QUOTE]

So I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time....

[quote name='Frogurt.man']So I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time....[/QUOTE]

Obscure Simpsons quote FTW :applause:

I'd really like to hear your inevitably irrational reason for hating Steam

You may as well quit pc gaming then. Steam is the future of the market, basically. Digital Distribution is the future of pc gaming, and Steam has the market share.

Bought! Prolly gonna buy copies for friends, too. Serious Sam is one of my all-time favorite games, and the remake is awesome. Exact same (flawless) gameplay, and a nice new coat of paint.

[quote name='speedracer']I can see this game going under $2 in the big sale next year. I'll wait.

;)[/QUOTE]
One thing that sucks about the Steam Holiday Sales are how people literally talk about them, and how they're going to hold of on buying so-and-so games until the next one, for the entire rest of the year.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Same, and I only played it for 5 min.. it feels OLD!! hahaha so yeah warning to you guys that are haters like me. But I'll prob try to co-op it since I hear that's great fun.[/QUOTE]
It's worth noting that the trailer literally pokes fun at the fact that the developer that made the game "released the same fucking game."

Buying games on Steam is like buying computer parts; be prepared to see them for less than you paid soon after you buy them. You have to either stop looking after making the purchase, or just be glad about the deal you got when you got it. I bought it for $9.99 during the sale; I'm rationalizing about it now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I passed on this during the Steam sale, even though I love the original game. But for < $7? I'm probably gonna bite.

Is there a thread tracking all previous weekend sales - trying to see if there are any trends, would like to hold out on a few purchases if I know game X goes on sale every 3 months, etc...

I remember playing the original a long time ago. I actually finished it too...awesome game. It now looks MUCH better than I remember it, so I bit. Thanks OP! Co-Op is going to be hilarious! :)

is this the new one built from the ground up? I surely thought it'd be on XBLA or PSN before PC..is it right around the corner for those systems?

[quote name='token2k6']is this the new one built from the ground up? I surely thought it'd be on XBLA or PSN before PC..is it right around the corner for those systems?[/QUOTE]

From playing it, I don't think it was re-built from the ground up..at all. but it's been released on PC since November and should be released really soon on XBLA, I think in the next week or two if I remember.

bread's done
Back