Steam Weekend Deal: Serious Sam HD Gold $10 SSHDFE $3.74 SSHDSE $4.99 SSHDFE/SE $7.50

pROvIs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
They haven't posted this as a weekend deal yet but Serious Sam HD and its various iterations have just gone on sale.

Looks like it's official Serious Sam Entire Series 75% off this weekend on Steam.

Serious Sam HD Gold Edition: $10
Includes: Serious Sam HD First Encounter, Serious Sam HD Second Encounter, Serious Sam Classic First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic Second Encounter
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901553/

Serious Sam HD Double Pack: $7.50
Includes HD First and Second Encounters
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4506/

Serious Sam HD First Encounter: $3.74 (4 Pack $11.24)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41000/

Serious Sam HD Second Encounter: $4.99 (4 Pack $14.99)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/41010/

For those curious it looks like you can gift extra copies of this game to friends.

EastX has also brought it to my attentions that other CAGs have organized group buy threads for the HD titles and a Steam CAG Group for the games. Below are his links:

Serious Sam HD group buy thread
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter group buy thread

ecc98db75088f3e739ccd4a6228ef5463261ab80_full.jpg

Join the CAG Serious Sam Steam group!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']Thanks added to the op.[/QUOTE]

Joined... Man I was soooo disappointed with my purchase. I went online only to find a total of 4 people online... fucking pathetic... Waste of $$ when i bought this purely for multiplayer... I hope this group gets some games going sometime cause im so in =)

has anyone actually tried playing the mods on the classic steam versions, cause usually Steam versions of games are extremely iffy on mods, no matter how old the game is

So I am thinking of getting these but don't know if I should get the Gold or just the HD Double Pack...whjat do you guys think? I have never played a SS game.

I don't think there's any reason to get the Gold unless you enjoyed the originals and want to experience them exactly the same way (or with mods). The HD versions are much nicer IMO. Then again, if your system is woefully old (the HDs run fine on my 2 years old system) or you have an underpowered laptop, the originals could be useful.

For those of you who haven't tried it yet. I played the first level of First Encounter HD Remake with settings all on ultra and at 1080p on my Plasma. This is one beautiful game. The clouds/sand in the intro before the first level look pretty much photo-realistic.

[quote name='pROvIs']For those of you who haven't tried it yet. I played the first level of First Encounter HD Remake with settings all on ultra and at 1080p on my Plasma. This is one beautiful game. The clouds/sand in the intro before the first level look pretty much photo-realistic.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing my laptop with an HD3200 won't run this worth a poop

[quote name='acsguitar']So I'm guessing my laptop with an HD3200 won't run this worth a poop[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure how it will run on less powerful systems but I imagine it will scare fairly well as they ported it to 360

[quote name='acsguitar']So I'm guessing my laptop with an HD3200 won't run this worth a poop[/QUOTE]

System Requirements are:

The Minimum System Requirements For Serious Sam HD:

Operating System: Windows XP (32bit or 64bit) with Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel P4 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon64 3500+
Memory: 1GB for XP or 2GB for Vista
Hard Drive:
Video Card (graphics): 256MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 (i.e.; Nvidia GeForce 7600-series, ATI Radeon X1600 or better)
DirectX: 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
CD/DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM

The Recommended Requirements For Serious Sam HD:

Operating System: Windows XP (32bit or 64bit) with Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+
Memory: 2GB
Hard Drive:
Video Card (graphics): 512MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 (i.e.; Nvidia GeForce 9800-series, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or better)
DirectX: 9.0c
Sound Card: 5.1 Surround Sound DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
CD/DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM

[quote name='VidPower']has anyone actually tried playing the mods on the classic steam versions, cause usually Steam versions of games are extremely iffy on mods, no matter how old the game is[/QUOTE]

I have no idea about perfect compatibility, but a quick test worked. Stick the mod in the classic version's Mod folder, select it from the mod option in the menu, and it seems to work fine.

Anyone buy the double pack and try gifting? I noticed Gold says you can gift an hd version if you have it, but the double pack doesn't mention anything about it. I want two, and want to get the first one for my friend for 2.50 so we can co-op.

bread's done
Back