Steam Weekend Deal: Stubbs the Zombie $4.99

Serik

CAGiversary!
This weekend Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is just $4.99.
Because Zombies rule.

Guaranteed to turn some heads, this third-person action game is an original IP by Bungie Studio veterans that uses an updated Halo engine to deliver a stirring tale of one man's hunger for love, justice...and brains. In this game, players take on the role of the rebel himself – Stubbs, a wisecracking Zombie who takes on an ultra-modern city of the future using nothing but his own carcass and the weapons of his possessed enemies.

Metacritic gives it a 72/100 from 17 reviews.

Sounds like it's worth a fiver.

Doh, was just a few minutes to late, I guess I need to learn to type faster. I did check before I started writing :(

Bought this at CC for like $10 awhile back. It's not a bad game, can get pretty repetitive, the art direction is actually pretty great.

Steam is definitely on the right track with GOOD budget games. The main reason I hadn't bought from Steam before (other than buying off-the-shelf HL2 games) is that the games (no matter how old) can usually be bought for much cheaper used. I guess that's all changing now! :)

i played the demo of this game and thought it was hilarious! don't think i'll ever play it again tho, so i'll have to pass. keep the good deals comin steam!

I was a focus tester for the game and I gotta say that I still have fond memories of it. Quite possibly the best non-Halo game made on the Halo engine ever.

I beat this game on xbox awhile back. Funny story, great art direction. Alittle repetitive but come on, how can making your own zombie army minions NOT be fun? Worth 5 bucks IMO.

My bro bought this game for me back when it came out. It's not the best game but for the laughs you get out of it, it's well worth more than $5.

This game is more about personality than gameplay.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Let's just hope Valve didn't screw up its virtual conversion...like what happened with Beyond Good and Evil.[/quote]

yeah, they get things a little sketchy at times. When i bought the id super pack, the games keep asking me for CD-keys randomly. But i do like that their conversions of the old doom games have their own dos-shell setups to run the games on vista.

Also, stubbs seems very amusing. Good pickup.

CURSE YOU STEAM! First BG&E and AudioSurf, then the id Super Pack, now this. At this rate I'll be broke in a month.

[quote name='qwerty1']wish i could just listen to the soundtrack[/quote]
You can. If you look around online you can buy/download it.

Wow
Was about to post here earlier, saying I was gonna skip this weekend deal since it didn't look like that good of a game
Luckily my inner CAG couldn't pass up a $5 game lol
It's actually a lot of fun
The soundtrack is excellent as well :p

bread's done
Back