Steam Weekend Deal (Thursday): Shattered Horizon & Lead and gold bundle for $12.49

killerthrust

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Deal is live:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66295

Lead and Gold will be dropped down to $7.49 during the weekend, while Shattered Horizon will be discounted to $9.99. If both online-focused shooter titles tickle your fancy, the two games can be snatched up in a bundle for $12.49 during the same period

- Dont know if the games are worth it?! Apparently both games will be free to play from November 4th to the 7th

Lead & Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Shattered Horizon

Last edited by a moderator:
Already got Lead & Gold on sale in the last Steam offering but buyer beware as there is little to no community left. I love the game but rarely see more than 60-75 people on and getting a full room is almost impossible.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Already got Lead & Gold on sale in the last Steam offering but buyer beware as there is little to no community left. I love the game but rarely see more than 60-75 people on and getting a full room is almost impossible.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was coming here to say.

It really is too bad about L&G, I was pretty excited to play that game and got kind of bored with it after 2-3 hours.

The last time Shattered Horizon had a free weekend though, I was still on Windows XP 64-bit. But now I've got Windows 7, so I'll give it a shot and see if I like it.

Nice OP, killer ;)

Two of my favorite games. It's true the communities are dwindling but you can still find a game once in a while, and when you do, they're good.

Lead and Gold was buggy and unpolished. my friend had constant mouse lag in it and ONLY in it, and the server browser wasn't fixed until months after release.

I like it for what it tried to do but, seriously, it's up against stiff competition. Bring such a piss-poor game to the table and they DESERVE to choke.

bought shattered back when it was... either $5 or $10 (hope it was $5).
a really different different fps. For the hardcore cod or whatever type you may find this really weird, but its fun shooting in outer space.

Hmm, it's an alright deal, although with Shattered Horizon having been down to $5 before with a 4 pack for $15, I was hoping it would have a larger discount for this sale. $10 for both would've seemed like the sweet spot, especially if they offered a bundle 4-pack (although they've never offered 4 packs for bundles before).

And I'm sure the communities for these games jumps up a bit after each of these sales. I've always found it ironic when something gets a heavy discount, and people say "I would've gotten it but noone is playing"...well...isn't that a self fulfilling prophecy if people are refusing to buy it for that reason?

Had alot of fun when I played Shattered Horizon it is a very different take on FPS and does it well in a zero gravity environment. Try out the free play weekend and you can see if you like it.

Tried Shattered Horizon during a free weekend but 10 is still too much for it, Lead and Gold is Fun but 7 seems too high for it as well, I paid 5 during the summer sale and that felt right. Hopefully during the Christmas sale cheaper prices will be seen.

SH is a fun game but it only lasted for so long with me. Back when I played it though there were only three maps and one gun though. They released an update that added three more maps and new guns though. I haven't tested it out but maybe I should.

Its one of those games you can't just pick up and be good at either. The controls are great in zero-g but its something you have to get use to. So only get it if you are dedicated to learning how to fly properly.

Anyone get the free weekend to work? I click it and it just takes me make to the main page. If if is any good I would go in on a 4 pack with some people.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Anyone get the free weekend to work? I click it and it just takes me make to the main page. If if is any good I would go in on a 4 pack with some people.[/QUOTE]

right click and install game. see if that work

[quote name='killerthrust']right click and install game. see if that work[/QUOTE]

restarted steam and it worked. Like I said, if its any good and someone is getting a 4 pack ill go in, want to try it first, lol

bread's done
Back