Steam weekend sale: bioshock $14.99

Bioshock is regarded as a fantastic game by a lot of people. The story is pretty good, but starts to lag horribly towards the end, which it fixed by ending itself almost immediately. I wasn't fanatical about the game, $15 isn't bad for the game if you replay it. There are two endings and the factor of getting each diary which adds to the length. I personally couldn't do a replay, just didn't feel like replaying the game, but to each his own. $10 would be a steal, $15 is pretty decent.

[quote name='ddrpower']Bioshock is regarded as a fantastic game by a lot of people. The story is pretty good, but starts to lag horribly towards the end, which it fixed by ending itself almost immediately. I wasn't fanatical about the game, $15 isn't bad for the game if you replay it. There are two endings and the factor of getting each diary which adds to the length. I personally couldn't do a replay, just didn't feel like replaying the game, but to each his own. $10 would be a steal, $15 is pretty decent.[/quote]

i don't really understand the "if you replay it" qualifier..

over the past 2 weeks i spent 20 bucks to see 2 movies, total length.. ~4hrs(and only one of them was close to being as good as the story within BioShock). surely 16-20hrs of entertainment are worth 15

i mean,.. obviously.. only an opinion, but you know what im getting at..

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 version will have puzzles that the 360 version doesn't have. However, I'm almost willing to bet it will appear as DLC for the PC/360. Free for PC, possibly free for 360 as they both got a patch that was free, but it was only deactivated plasmids/tonics, not a whole new set of puzzles.

[quote name='smoger']i don't really understand the "if you replay it qualifier"..

over the past 2 weeks i spent 20 bucks to see 2 movies, total length.. ~4hrs. surely 16-20hrs of entertainment are worth 15

i mean,.. obviously.. only an opinion, but you know what im getting at..[/quote]

I didn't get 16-20 hrs of entertainment. I got ~5 hours of interest, then some hours of pain and lagging through the game.

Of course, different people will view the game differently, and may call me a maniac for not liking the game. Really, it depends on if you like what the game has to offer you. $20 for 4 hrs doesn't mean much without adding in how much value you placed on the experience.

The "replay" qualifier just extends the length of the game, adding to the value. I didn't get that value because I didn't have that interest, that's all. Other Purchasers may.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smoger']i don't really understand the "if you replay it qualifier"..

over the past 2 weeks i spent 20 bucks to see 2 movies, total length.. ~4hrs. surely 16-20hrs of entertainment are worth 15

i mean,.. obviously.. only an opinion, but you know what im getting at..[/quote]

I didn't get 16-20 hrs of entertainment. I got ~5 hours of interest, then some hours of pain and lagging through the game.

Of course, different people will view the game differently, and may call me a maniac for not liking the game. Really, it depends on if you like what the game has to offer you. $20 for 4 hrs doesn't mean much without adding in how much value you placed on the experience.

The "replay" qualifier just extends the length of the game, adding to the value. I didn't get that value because I didn't have that interest, that's all. Other Purchasers may.

[quote name='ddrpower']PS3 version will have puzzles that the 360 version doesn't have. However, I'm almost willing to bet it will appear as DLC for the PC/360. Free for PC, possibly free for 360 as they both got a patch that was free, but it was only deactivated plasmids/tonics, not a whole new set of puzzles.[/quote]

Hate to tell you, but it's confirmed EXCLUSIVE for ps3 (although so was FFXIII, but i'm just being bitter now. I loved Bioshock the first time, and i wouldn't mind replaying it. No idea why some people complain.....

[quote name='smoger']i don't really understand the "if you replay it" qualifier..

over the past 2 weeks i spent 20 bucks to see 2 movies, total length.. ~4hrs(and only one of them was close to being as good as the story within BioShock). surely 16-20hrs of entertainment are worth 15

i mean,.. obviously.. only an opinion, but you know what im getting at..[/QUOTE]
Was it the Dark Knight?

of course the good one was Dark Knight,.. i didn't realize that there's anyone even remotely into a geek culture(vg's, comics, sci fi), that hasn't seen it yet :)

oh, and for the record.. the other movie was Wanted. it was alright.. but i could have just as well lived with staying home that night and and saving my money :lol:

i want to play it on pc, already got it on 360 and will borrow my friends ps3 bioshock when he played and finish his.

[quote name='AwRy108']Killer deal IF your rig can run it. Thanks OP![/quote]

Good point. Make sure you have smartshader 3.0. My x800xt doesn't and thus can't play Bioshock at all ... and it saddens me sometimes.:cry:

seconded...I loved every minute of Bioshock. Paid $40 when it first came out and it was worth every penny. At $15, it's a steal. The best single player FPS of the past 10 years.

[quote name='the_punisher']Do i wait for the ps3 version? Hmm..... (already have 360 version btw xD)[/quote]

If you like throwing money away you might want to.

[quote name='Capitalizt']seconded...I loved every minute of Bioshock. Paid $40 when it first came out and it was worth every penny. At $15, it's a steal. The best single player FPS of the past 10 years.[/quote]Someone hasn't played Deus Ex.

I kid. To each their own. :applause:

[quote name='Mahoney07']If you like throwing money away you might want to.[/quote]

Why would you jsut throw money away? Then garbagemen might get it. You gotta burn it for complete results (of what? i haven't thought of that part yet)

[quote name='Fuzi0n']This is so temping, but I love having the hard copy of games. I guess I can wait for the disc version to be $15.[/quote]

With Steam, you can backup all of your Steam games any time you want. I have hard copies of Half Life 2, Portal, etc...even though I originally downloaded them through Steam.

Better act fast on this...only 12 hours left, then the price shoots up 100%.

I'm undecided and I only have a couple of hours left to act. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games in the first place (with the exception of Goldeneye, CS, CoD4 and TF2) but add to the fact that I hate the horror genre and it's pretty obvious what I should do. It's kinda odd how Bioshock and Dead Space look so cool to me as far as shooters go but I don't like being scared.

[quote name='Hostile']I'm undecided and I only have a couple of hours left to act. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games in the first place (with the exception of Goldeneye, CS, CoD4 and TF2) but add to the fact that I hate the horror genre and it's pretty obvious what I should do. It's kinda odd how Bioshock and Dead Space look so cool to me as far as shooters go but I don't like being scared.[/quote]

Sorry to be blunt, but: if you're going to let a little bit of tension ruin your chances of playing Bioshock--one of the best game's EVER--then you're just being foolish. Seriously. And, for the record: the game is so good that paying $15 is practically stealing.

I normally like having a hard copy of games, but I couldn't give up on a deal like this. Also now I can download it and play at work since IT allows steam.

I picked it up on Steam this afternoon. Bioshock is one of THE games you just must play.

It was well worth it for $60 on the X360, and now I can play it on the PC via Steam. w00t! Downloading right now.

edit: Anyone know any details on the upcoming Bioshock movie? I hope it is about Rapture in it's hayday. =)

bread's done
Back