STEEL BATALLION for only $99

Well I just talked to my Uncle in North Carolina and he is picking mine up tommorrow. The employee I called was really cool and scan the item for he. (He orginally told he it was 200). He scanned it and it came up 100 just like I said. He said "Damn it is that cheap I am going to have to pick one up now". I said "well how many do you have?" 2 was his response. I told him I was calling for Palm Bay Florida and if he could hold it until my uncle could grab it tommorrow. He sounded shocked (of the Palm Bay comment) and said sure and took my Uncle name. I then called my Uncle and asked if he could grab it on his way to work. He said yeah and he will bring it down when he comes down for vactiation.

[quote name='hansolox1']I got the last on at the Monroe St. store in Toledo, OH. Thanks to Cheapassgamer, I knew about this deal![/quote]
Damn you! J/K!that's cool to see some one from toledo one the forums :eek: .But it's bad at the same time! :lol: I called the one in spring medows shopping center but some guy bought all 3 they had! And I asked the guy if they had any at the monroe st. one and he said they ran out, but said they should get more. I hope so , because I almost bought SB used at Gamestop(when they had the buy two used get one free) for 169.99. Glad I didn't..

if anyone wants one i have at least two media play right by me
one is pretty big and the other is like 2 minutes from my house
i will run and see if they have any tomorrow if someone wants one

Newington, CT. Picked up the last two with a friend. So they are out. SB is reason enough to buy an XBox. Trust me on this one, and I've only played this game for five minutes.

Major props to CAG and the god send who created this topic. Deal of the year, because a few years down the road when Capcom decides to stop making these they'll be up to $300 easily I'm sure.

Also picked up Line of Contact ($49.99) just since i've only seen it at Gamestop, EB and Media Play.

I was once 70 at mine, but no one bought it and now its double clearanced to 45. As for BigNick, ill go tomorrow to check how many are there and get back to you.

Monsta Mack - glad to help, figured Id post to help others......we gotta go LIVE with this - hopefully the guy above can hook BIG NICK up cause I was unable to

Picked one up in.. Clinton Twnshp i think (15 and Gratiot) Michigan today, the still have one left but it is resealed so probably a retrun. GREAT deal and i was waiting so long hoping for a deal like this to come around.

Damn you! J/K!that's cool to see some one from toledo one the forums .But it's bad at the same time! I called the one in spring medows shopping center but some guy bought all 3 they had! And I asked the guy if they had any at the monroe st. one and he said they ran out, but said they should get more. I hope so , because I almost bought SB used at Gamestop(when they had the buy two used get one free) for 169.99. Glad I didn't..

I went to the Spring Meadows store first and they also told me that someone had purchased all three earlier in the day. I was like, ok, can you call the Monroe St. store and they were like ok. They said Monroe has 1 left. They held it for me and I drove right over and got it :D

Sorry bout that js1...I bet the guy that bought the other three is probably a cheapassgamer too!

The Media Play in Livonia, MI has one for those interested in the area. After all the 2 for 1 deals, Target and Circuit City sales, my wife put her foot down on this one. I guess I have been spending quite a bit... :D

[quote name='ww3676']Just checked the Media Play in my area, (upstate New York), and it's still full price...[/quote]

No it isn't. The price tag will say 200 but when they scan it it will come up 99.

[quote name='cousinlump']The Media Play in Livonia, MI has one for those interested in the area. After all the 2 for 1 deals, Target and Circuit City sales, my wife put her foot down on this one. I guess I have been spending quite a bit... :D[/quote]

Feel like picking one up for me? I'm in Lansing, we only have FYEs and Sam Goody :whistle2:(

Take a day trip. Call them in advance and have them hold it. I mean jeez, I drove to East Lansing and Ann Arbor almost every weekend a couple of years ago.. The expressways flow nicely on weekends.

Thanks to cheapassgamer I found one in Stone Mountain, GA. I drive through there when I visit home. They still had 1 left. The employees were totally clueless. I carried it to the counter and asked the guy if he could price check it. He spun the box around and said 199.99. I almost laughed, but I asked him if it wouldn't be too much trouble to scan it. Just to let anyone that calls know, they aren't the most thorough people. So if they say 199.99, they are probably wrong.

[quote name='ww3676']Well, they didn't scan it but I had him put in the SKU number, and it still came up $199...[/quote]

Well I guess your store just sucks then. I have heard people get it for 100 from this place from everywhere from Canada to Georgia.....and I got one for 100 from North Carolina (my Uncle picked it up.....I live in Florida)

...I think im going to return bottles tonight. and give blood...any one need a Girlfriend for a night? only 105.99 (6% sales tax)

B-jer for $50

anything?

:) god im bored

Well, you won't have to worry, WShakespear.
I've decided against running over to the Media Play on gratiot and 15 mile and picking up thier last one.
I'd probably get it, play it for a day or two, and then have it take up an ungodly amount of space.

I figure it would be better to let someone else who actually would want it get it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']I was once 70 at mine, but no one bought it and now its double clearanced to 45. As for BigNick, ill go tomorrow to check how many are there and get back to you.[/quote]

Me and another guy from www.the-nextlevel.com picked up the last two in Appleton and they were both $99.99

Damnit, only one Media Play in ALL of California. ¬_¬; All sold out here. Best of luck for the rest of you. Back when I lived on the East Coast in Boson, there were a ton of Media Plays...

-Soujirou

[quote name='Soujirou']Damnit, only one Media Play in ALL of California. ¬_¬; All sold out here. Best of luck for the rest of you. Back when I lived on the East Coast in Boson, there were a ton of Media Plays...

-Soujirou[/quote]

Same thing happened to me. Except the one Media Play in Florida went out of business.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, you won't have to worry, WShakespear.
I've decided against running over to the Media Play on gratiot and 15 mile and picking up thier last one.
I'd probably get it, play it for a day or two, and then have it take up an ungodly amount of space.

I figure it would be better to let someone else who actually would want it get it.[/quote]

Awww, thanks. I'll do it for $20 just for you :wink:

Seriously though, im gonna see what i can scrounge up later and give it a try tommorow. :)

I've checked 2 in the Buffalo area so far, and so far I'm 0/2 in finding anything. I did find jak & daxter II for $8 new though cuz the cover was misprinted. Good luck to you Never4ever. The one by galleria and the one on transit were the ones I hit up.

[quote name='KingDox']damn I live in CA and now I knowhow east coast CAGs feel when people look at our Deals from Frys[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!!! EAT THAT ONE MOFO!!!!

(i can already see the thread of Steel Batallion $50 at local Fry's...)

They had 2 at the Robinson,Pa Media Play but I passed(I was just going to e-bay them anyway). I was told that this was a 1 week special and they will be back to 199.99 tomorrow, but they were marked clearance not on sale so I dont know how much of a fact that was.

Went to the Sam Goody in Montgomery Mall in PA. They said they never had the game before. Maybe it is only Media Play stores then even though it is the same company.

wow - this topic blew the hel up! glad those that found it are happy - now we all need to get SB:LOC online and meet up .....finally us EAST COASTERS have a sweet deal......almost makes up for all those hot FRY's Deals we miss weekly

^^ In 3 months I am planning to renew my XBL and get LOC. So I will see you online.

(Also this is the last game I am getting for 3 months....right now there are 7 games I haven't even touched yet)

yeah..this will probably be my last one for a while too....unless POP drops, then im saying fuck-it. Otherwise ive got plenty to play.

I'm going to call up the Media Play by me (Michigan) and ask if they have any of them. If they do, I'm buying then quickly selling. I dont even have an Xbox =P

If any of you would like to play with me on Steel Battalion: Line of Contact my pilots name is: Morpheus V. He's the fifth incarnation of Morpheus. Morpheus died in Steel Battalion due to ejection button malfunction. Morpheus II who was a Right Brothers pilot died in SB:LOC due to ejection button malfunction. Morpheus III who was a Hai Shi Dao pilot died in SB:LOC due to human experimentation. Morpheus IV who was a Pacific Rim Forces pilot died due to ejection button lag defect. Morpheus V who is currently living a good life as a Pacific Rim Forces pilot has a wonderful outlook on life. It can't get any worse than this...

-Morpheus

BTW My Gamertag is Gai Daigoshi (from Nadesico anime).

Sorry, rile0161, but Livonia is not exactly right around the corner for me. Take a nice Sunday drive. JSweeny is correct; the roads should be light.

[quote name='KingDox']damn I live in CA and now I knowhow east coast CAGs feel when people look at our Deals from Frys[/quote]

How about the people in Long Island that don't have either Fry's OR Media Play anywhere near us? That should make you feel better now.

I've been living in Cali for over two years now, but am originally from Boston. Trust me, I can understand this from both perspectives. =) Man, only one Media Play in all of California?! Thankfully, I have the game already. On the other hand, being just 20 minutes outside of S.F., I'm planning on attending that Capcom Focus Group on 4-28-04 for a cool $75.00 to talk about stuff I love! It all works out in the end. =)

Btw, to the Nadesico fan, Daigouji Gai is my favorite chara from Nadesico. Met Asamiya Kia-sensei at Animazement 1999 I think it was, got many shitajiki and artbooks signed (Dark Angel hardcover in particular), but my favorite thing from him was a sketch of Daigoji Gai. Out of all the sketches I've collected over the years, that is easily one of my favs for sure. I don't have LoC yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it. ^^x

-Soujirou

The big box it comes in is kind of vague, does this come with both version of the game, just the orginal, or just Line of Contact. The boxes I saw had a sticker for 2 months of Live for free, but nothing on the box said anything about Line of Contact being inside.

[quote name='Spaumn']MediaPlay was bought out by BestBuy over a year ago, most MediaPlays closed down.[/quote]

Actually a few years ago Musicland company who owns Suncoast, Sam Goody, Media Play, and one or two others I'm not sure of ran into some trouble so they closed quite a few Media Plays probably about 5 years ago (I think). Their troubles continued and 3 years ago Best Buy bought them out. While under Best Buy they closed quite a few Sam Goody's and a few more Media Plays. About 6 months to a year ago now Best Buy gave away their shares of Musicland in an attempt to cut their losses. They gave them away because the group that acquired the company also had to acquire the massive debt it was in. All in all Best Buy lost QUITE a bit of money on this whole deal.

bread's done
Back