STEEL BATALLION for only $99

[quote name='ajh2298']The big box it comes in is kind of vague, does this come with both version of the game, just the orginal, or just Line of Contact. The boxes I saw had a sticker for 2 months of Live for free, but nothing on the box said anything about Line of Contact being inside.[/quote]

In the box is the controller, pedels and orginal Steel Battional.

LOC is a add-on to enable Live play. You must buy it seperately.

Is this really worth it? Even at 99$? That just seems so much for a game. (yes I know its controller too, but for the one or two games).

In otherwords, would I be better off buying this. A PS2, another GBA, a couple of older systems, 5+ cheap games??? Advice please.

Or let me ask another question, for those of you who have it. How is the game? Would you pay 50$ for it if it were just the game?

Depends on how much you like Mech games. If you really aren't into those type of games it probably isn't worth it for you.

However, if you buy it and don't like it, you could easily get back what you paid plus probably a little more (I am guessing around $130 - $150) on Ebay.

Just back from the Mediaplay in Hadley Mass.

99.99, and they still have 2 left.

I think I'm glad that I only paid the $100 for it. Controller is slighty chintzy, but hey, it's friggin huge.

I love the game....well...I love Line of Contact (the online version)...

The game will require some patience to get used to it...believe me. But it is well worth the time and effort...play the single player a little to get the hang of things, then hop on in some free mode...after you get the hang of things, you will absolutely love this game.
The learning curve is very heavy at first...you will get the basics down in a few hours time probably.
After that you will learn more and more. You continually pick up new skills/techniques as you play.

In my opinion, this is the most fun online game I have ever played....I have many xbox live games, but this gets the most play by far right now.
Trust me when I say, if you stick with the game until you know how to really play, you will LOVE it.
$100 is a steal. Why you are at it, pick up Line of Contact.

I agree, the online version of this game is great. I didnt enjoy the first game too much, but the online version is amazing. It does take quite a bit of getting used to though. My gamer tag on SB:LOC is Luke Perry

Just got mine from the Harrisburg, Pa Media Play for $99 last night. On top of that I bought it on one of their Replay triple points days. I should be getting $15.00 in gift certs for that purchase. They had 2 more left.

[quote name='shadd01']I agree, the online version of this game is great. I didnt enjoy the first game too much, but the online version is amazing. It does take quite a bit of getting used to though. My gamer tag on SB:LOC is Luke Perry[/quote]

are you the same guy from the xbox.com message boards?

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='shadd01']I agree, the online version of this game is great. I didnt enjoy the first game too much, but the online version is amazing. It does take quite a bit of getting used to though. My gamer tag on SB:LOC is Luke Perry[/quote]

are you the same guy from the xbox.com message boards?[/quote]

i dont think so, these are the only message boards that i frequent, but if someone else is using my name, i might have to check it out. I also play with Tony Danza
--Shadd

[quote name='shadd01'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='shadd01']I agree, the online version of this game is great. I didnt enjoy the first game too much, but the online version is amazing. It does take quite a bit of getting used to though. My gamer tag on SB:LOC is Luke Perry[/quote]

are you the same guy from the xbox.com message boards?[/quote]

i dont think so, these are the only message boards that i frequent, but if someone else is using my name, i might have to check it out. I also play with Tony Danza
--Shadd
[/quote]

nvm the guy I am thinking of is named Jason Priestly. I got my 90210 people comfused I guess

Thanks for the deal Manimal. There's going to be some serious SB LAN parties around my area now. My friends and I currently have 5 of them reserved at Media Play and ready for pick up. I already own it, but you can always use a second one of these, right?

Hmmm...I like how Manimal "found" this deal in our other discussions on these forums. Way to go!

But anyway, guessed is the man. He went out of his way on the weekend to pick me up the last copy of this thing, had to haul it into work on Monday, and then pay oversize shipping charges...and he still gave me a true cheap ass deal (let's just say his final profit ended up being $1, and that doesn't even take into consideration the money for gas). Thanks a ton guessed, I can't wait!

Has anyone checked whether Sam Goody does the deal as well or is it only Media Play?

Also, any other CAGs be able to pick one up for me? PM me with how you'd like to work it out.

Thanks.

[quote name='Cldrnbrn'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i'd pay 130 shipped;)[/quote]

Ditto. Please?[/quote]

I don't think you are likely to get it for that. I cost me a total of $139 including tax, UPS Ground shipping, and insurance, to send it to Diiz, not including time, gas, pain and suffering, etc., lol. A few bucks could probably be trimmed off if you find a smaller box that will hold it (the only box that I had that was big enough was from a 19" monitor, and I didn't want to just ship it bare), and most people pay a dollar or two less in tax, but you are still pretty much asking someone to spend more money than they are getting (unless you get it from BasketCase, whose store sells it for much less).

yep - the ship has set sail - back up to $199 - hope i helped out a lot of you - it was a great find for all who did get it at $99 - now go get LOC and look up MANIMAL on XBOX LIVE

Mine will be hear in 2 days thanks to guessed. :D :D :D :D :D

I have been to GameCrazy about 3 times this week and every time I go I just stare at that controller in the glass case... :eek: :shock:

Took a road trip to Macon, GA and found four of em that were actually $89.99. It was on sale for 8 more minutes (the store was closing and it was the last day of the sale, the 23rd last Friday), so I just waited for a minute till closing and bought em. I felt that if someone else was going to get them for the sale price, then I wouldn't buy them until I made sure that nobody else was coming. No need to screw anyone else out of the deal. I know how it feels when somebody buys every last find.

[quote name='O.D.D']I got mine in last night. I put it together and read the manuel twice and damn is it a hard game.[/quote]

Yeah, I am excited but after reading the IGN review I'm afraid I'll get discouraged real quick. Oh well, it's so worth it. Just think of it like this: You know that sometime, somewhere, these VT's will (or are) actually be developed. Then, when they are built, the engineers will say "o fux, whos gonna drive these things?", and us SB owners will step up and say "It's cool, we'll take it from here", then fire those mechs up and blast into battle.

You KNOW that this game wasn't developed as a game, but as a secret government training program to prepare todays coordinated and technologically adept future leaders for the giant robot madness that lies in the near future.

*Edit: Now I just need one of these and I will be set!

http://www.ultimatecontrolconsole.com/UCC_im2s.jpg

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='O.D.D']I got mine in last night. I put it together and read the manuel twice and damn is it a hard game.[/quote]

Yeah, I am excited but after reading the IGN review I'm afraid I'll get discouraged real quick. Oh well, it's so worth it. Just think of it like this: You know that sometime, somewhere, these VT's will (or are) actually be developed. Then, when they are built, the engineers will say "o fux, whos gonna drive these things?", and us SB owners will step up and say "It's cool, we'll take it from here", then fire those mechs up and blast into battle.

You KNOW that this game wasn't developed as a game, but as a secret government training program to prepare todays coordinated and technologically adept future leaders for the giant robot madness that lies in the near future.

http://www.ultimatecontrolconsole.com/UCC_im2s.jpg[/quote]

Maybe they should have added a damn tutorial if they wanted to train us (they throw you into the thick of action).

*Also that chair is damn cool. Right now I have my SB sitting on this ghetto wooden table (the two sides fold out but the middle part is always up)*

[quote name='Diiz']So did you buy all four?[/quote]
Damn right I did. Me and by buddies have six of em now so we can all see who breaks theirs in frustration first (that whole eject button thing sucks)

[quote name='Wshakspear']...I think im going to return bottles tonight. and give blood...any one need a Girlfriend for a night? only 105.99 (6% sales tax)

B-jer for $50

anything?

:) god im bored[/quote]

I'll PM you. Do you take Paypal? :D :wink:

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='O.D.D']I got mine in last night. I put it together and read the manuel twice and damn is it a hard game.[/quote]

http://www.ultimatecontrolconsole.com/UCC_im2s.jpg[/quote]

Somebody has been watching a little too much The Last Starfighter

[quote name='Requiem'][quote name='Wshakspear']...I think im going to return bottles tonight. and give blood...any one need a Girlfriend for a night? only 105.99 (6% sales tax)

B-jer for $50

anything?

I'll PM you. Do you take Paypal? :D :wink:[/quote]

Sorry, just started a low-protein diet.

I'm trying to figure out if i'll be upset later that i missed this deal (the SB not the BJ). I mean, ive got enouhg games..but thena gain, i like collectibles and neat looking controllers. argh!

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Requiem'][quote name='Wshakspear']...I think im going to return bottles tonight. and give blood...any one need a Girlfriend for a night? only 105.99 (6% sales tax)

B-jer for $50

anything?

I'll PM you. Do you take Paypal? :D :wink:[/quote]

Sorry, just started a low-protein diet.

I'm trying to figure out if i'll be upset later that i missed this deal (the SB not the BJ). I mean, ive got enouhg games..but thena gain, i like collectibles and neat looking controllers. argh![/quote]

Uuuh...I think you're too late. Like was posted at the end of the last page, this price is no more.

And starman...don't knock the last starfighter, that was based on a true story!

I know its over. Im just wondering how much i'll care later. Right now im still trying to get Saturn w/NiGHTS that i could have gotten pretty much new and cheap after the "fallout"...but i didnt. now im stuck watching Game Crazys (found one...defective of course) and ebay.
Diference of course, is that ive never played the game (sb). I dont even know if i should care that i missed the deal, or just go back to finnaly finishing Shenmue 2.
Thats what the argh was for.

bread's done
Back