product.

As of Friday September 30th, 10:00AM-12:00PM PST, Capcom will be ending the
online services for Campaign Mode of Steel Battalion. We appreciate your
continued support of our product, and sincerely apologize for any
inconveniences this may cause. Thank you for your understanding of this
matter.

However, we will continue services and support for both Free Mission Mode
and System Link play.

Please enjoy Campaign Mode for the short time it is still available.

Thank you very much.

Capcom

Gee, thanks Capcom for not ever fixing this and basically screwing over the fans of this game because so much of it can only be unlocked via the Campaign mode on XBL. Doubt many people here on CAG played it, but I loved it and it's sad to see Xbox Live stuff being killed off already regardless of the fact that this was a really niche title.

That sucks. I've had Steel Battalion since last Christmas, and I wanted to pick up LoC and try it online.

[quote name='XboxMaster']That sucks. I've had Steel Battalion since last Christmas, and I wanted to pick up LoC and try it online.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I sent Capcom an email to [email protected] asking for them to either release a patch for the game in Free Mission mode to get all the VT's and missions unlocked or a full refund on the game.

Check the BBS link above to read into the issue a bit. I wouldn't have an issue with it, though I don't have the time to spend on SB: LoC to unlock all the VT's & missions. If that's the case, I want my money back on LoC for their breaking of the game because of their lack of support for it now.

If they release the patch for unlocking everything out of the gate, I'll be happy to play it in Free Mission mode online.

Well, I did pretty much what the others above me posted.

But if a patch never gets made we should get together and trade our VT's that others in the group don't have back and forth so we can at least help unlock a few for some CAGers. I have to boot it up and see what my last account was. I hope the last account I had was the one with the Jaralaccs NS-R, Jaralaccs Macabre, Behemoth, Sheepdog, Siegeszug, and Prominence M2. I had the bad habit of having a faulty eject button. I had so many Morpheus' (I, II, III, etc.) due to that. :D I'll check tomorrow to see what I have to trade.

This seems like it going to be a mounting problem, as soon as Microsoft sees its 360 slow out of the gates and they want to push everyone from the Xbox to the 360. I hope that the private sector continues to support these Xbox live games.

That's fucking shitty! For people to spend basically $250 to play LoC, and then Capcom killing off the Live campaign, is ridiculous.

Here's the code to unlock all the VTs. First, log into SB:LOC on live to get the automatic update. Then, follow instructions at this site: http://www.capcom.com/steel/command.html

At least we get all the VTs unlocked for free mission and lan modes. Its something.

PS If you need help with entering the code just PM me.

Yeah, I saw that the code had finally started working two weeks ago. You should've seen how nuts myself and all the other LoC users were going trying to get it to work right away on the 1st. ^^ Capcom was just slow by a few days.

bread's done
Back