Steel Battalion (Xbox) preorder $210 shipped at EBgames.com

dsullo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For all you cheapassgamers out there , here is one for you. Steel Battalion complete with the controller is on preorder at ebgames.com

I heard that a small supply was going to be rereleased. Not sure if this will effect its value.

for all you cheapies its a bargain at 199.99+10.00 shipping

FYI I bought a car for less than that. No Joke in college I bought a 78 Corrolla from my friend in college for 100.00 , it worked great. He just wanted to get rid of it.

Cheap ass link :wink:

dam just ordered one from capcom directly and i think shipping was $20
i hope not too many of these things get rereleased i dont want the value of it to plumit.
anyone know about the old controllers vs. the new ones and which the new releases will have

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The new ones have blue buttons instead of green[/quote]I was told by someone at Capcom that they we're exactly the same, where did you hear that :?

did the first one come with pedals? I saw a picture of the first setup and it had pedals, all of the pics I see for the second one don't.

[quote name='Spiritseed']did the first one come with pedals? I saw a picture of the first setup and it had pedals, all of the pics I see for the second one don't.[/quote]The first one had pedals, and so should the second one seeing they are need to operate it... unless they did change the controller but I really doubt that is it, so it will come with pedals as well.

the new ones do have blue buttons, but not sure if it's for US, EU, or ASIA region. and perhaps they've added new xbl headset port to sb controller. capcom isn't making comments and it makes no sense trying to keep this a secret. especially for the $200+ price tag, it would be nice to know what our money is buying.

Nevermind here is my answer.
"About The Controller
An exclusive 40-button controller has been designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse you into the role of a Vertical Tank pilot. With trigger buttons to fire weapons; foot pedals to accelerate, boost and brake; levers to shift gears and move left to right, you must utilize the full potential of your VT's abilities in order to survive on the battlefield. Mastering the controls of this tactical vehicle will allow you to feel as if the VT is part of your own " From EBGAMES.com

From the Capcom website it made it out like these were NOS not a second run with alternate colored buttons. I ordered one from Capcom it was $220.90 with shipping.

The above ebgames page says there is an additional shipping charge of $10 not that shipping is $10. I know they offer that free shipping deal right now, but that's typically on their value saving shipping rates, is it even possible to select that on this item? May end up costing the same amount. I'd rather give my money to Capcom over EB thou. It's being sent UPS Ground thru Capcom, how is EB sending?

I'd rather give my money to eb in this instance, not capcom. why? they are selling direct and who knows how they handle tracking, returns, customer support, etc. in fact, Capcom was offering BOTH games w/ controller for $200+ 20-50 shipping, then after many people ordered, they said, oops, it was a typo, you only get 1 game. pretty bad typo for a company trying to sell a high-end product. eb has always answered the phone and fixed my problems promptly and offered great customer support. on the other hand, capcom hasn't answered any questions via phone/email regarding new/old sb bundle or sbLOC system-link support,etc. why is this such a big deal? because the original sb bundle had a few bugs, not many, but enough to cause people to send sb back to capcom. then capcom sold the refurbs directly at ebay for $200+. so I'd rather get the newer controller but they refuse to answer any questions from beta testers or the large sb community sites.

[quote name='fifthcore']Yup I ordered it via ebgames.com it was $212 with shipping for some reason they did not charge me tax?[/quote]

No sales tax at EBgames.com unless you live in PA or NV.

Pre-Ordered from gamestop for $188.87 2 days shipping. :D
But a lot of pain I can say. My transaction was declined 10+ times because my credit card provider blocked any transaction from gamestop because they have so many trx from gamestop which was fraud. Just beware.

[quote name='Indonesia']Pre-Ordered from gamestop for $188.87 2 days shipping. :D [/quote]

How did you swing that?
Steel Battalion Bundle * XBOX 1 $199.99 Pre-Release
Discount: ($30.00)
$15.95 Tax
Includes Special Handling Fee $14.98 Shipping and Handling (USA Value)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total $200.93

there's a chance that GS will cancel your pre-order if you use the 'tremor' code. even though the site allows the 15% discount, it can't be used with bundles, and SB is considered a bundle by GS. So if you really want the game and don't want to miss out this time around make sure you order it correctly just to be safe.
------
Steel Battalion Bundle
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210196

15% off:
Discount: Receive 15% off all pre-release PC or Video Game(s). Only one offer per order. Offer expires 2/29/03. Coupon will not work on bundled items.

--------

I've used codes similar to this and GS has cancelled the order days/weeks later.

Gs wouldn't even let me use this discount for:
PlayStation 2 Hard Drive with Final Fantasy XI Online
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280689

because they consider it a bundle.

I ordered right when the preorder campaign started for $240 total. I'd still rather order from capcom, although they don't have any customer service section on their site to check on status...

Woohoo! Not to brag, but I have to share this story. I bought SB last year when it originally came out. I enjoyed the game, but found the prices it was going for on eBay impossible to resist. So, I sold it last Dec., just before Christmas on eBay for almost $350, plus $35 for shipping. I shipped it out at work, where we get really great rates, and ended up only having to pay $12 for shipping. Now they are rereleasing the original game with the controller, so I can basically pick it up again and still be ahead by more than $150. Then probably sell it again a year from now, rinse and repeat...

you guys do know that the sequel includes the first steel batallion, and a slightly changed controller for cheaper?

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Indonesia']Pre-Ordered from gamestop for $188.87 2 days shipping. :D [/quote]

How did you swing that?
Steel Battalion Bundle * XBOX 1 $199.99 Pre-Release
Discount: ($30.00)
$15.95 Tax
Includes Special Handling Fee $14.98 Shipping and Handling (USA Value)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total $200.93[/quote]

For CA, no tax. That is why it is cheaper. S & H 18.99.

[quote name='Minger']you guys do know that the sequel includes the first steel batallion, and a slightly changed controller for cheaper?[/quote]

The sequal as I know doesnot include the original game.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']there's a chance that GS will cancel your pre-order if you use the 'tremor' code. even though the site allows the 15% discount, it can't be used with bundles, and SB is considered a bundle by GS. So if you really want the game and don't want to miss out this time around make sure you order it correctly just to be safe.
------
Steel Battalion Bundle
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210196

15% off:
Discount: Receive 15% off all pre-release PC or Video Game(s). Only one offer per order. Offer expires 2/29/03. Coupon will not work on bundled items.

--------

I've used codes similar to this and GS has cancelled the order days/weeks later.

Gs wouldn't even let me use this discount for:
PlayStation 2 Hard Drive with Final Fantasy XI Online
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280689

because they consider it a bundle.[/quote]

Thx for the info. I hope they don't cancel it. Actually I was going to order from EB but because of that coupon I pre-ordered from GS. I usually don't shop at GS. When My Ordered got declined because of my CC provider problem, i call the GS CS and the person also tried to order it for me without letting me know that I cannot use the coupon. I am crossng my finger now.
May be I better pre-order from EB also just in case.

I used the tremor code at GS too, and if theres a chance it won't ship I'd rather order it agian without the code

Is there any way to cancel my current SB order from GS?
I see no ooption for that on the GS site

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']I used the tremor code at GS too, and if theres a chance it won't ship I'd rather order it agian without the code

Is there any way to cancel my current SB order from GS?
I see no ooption for that on the GS site[/quote]

You have to call them.

even if you call them you are making them MORE aware of the TREMOR code and they may kill the code. this code is great for other titles, but not for bundles and I wouldn't want them to end the promotion for fear of too many CAGers abusing it for high-end products. if you want to be safe, preorder it in-stores EB or GS, minimum is $25-50 and you can cancel or apply to something else if you're online order is successful. but do not, imo, order from two online sites in case you receive both and your wallet/stomach can't handle it. GS had a coupon code before that allowed me to order a console bundle for nearly 25% off. I watched my order for weeks hoping they would fill it and instead of cancelling my order, they updated my pricing and emailed me to ask if I still wanted the item for full price. luckily I had the option to say no, w/ the SB pre-order, you may simply get your order cancelled and unless the controllers are mass-produced (highly unlikely) you'll be paying ebay prices of $250-$400 several months down the road.

if you pre-order instore, you will pay state tax but not shipping (of course) but at least you'll get it the day it comes out, with far less stress.

ymmv.

and for one last time, Capcom has officially stated that SB-original game bundle will not include SB:LOC (xbl) and vice versa. The bundle is $200+, SBLOC is add'l $50. neither version of the game will work w/o the massive controller/pedal bundle. neither game is mapped to work w/ the regular xbox controllers.

for the person who asked, and whoever is curious, there is no Mem port on the controller itself to allow for the XBL headset, however, what youre supposed to do is use a regular controller as an extention cable of sorts for your headset. you plug the extra controller in to one of your free controller ports on your xbox.

just received word that capcom US and capcom Europe are issuing conflicting statements at this moment regarding bundles. no joke. EU bundle was/is being marketed w/ BOTH games + controller w/system link support. US bundle is being marketed differently and Capcom US has officially stated that they are not including system-link/lan play for SB:LOC. Not my words. CAPCOMs. but they are including sys-link for EUROPEAN version. unbelievable. I believe the US SB owners are getting screwed again. not making this up. asked capcom officials why EU vs US are offering different bundles and different features and they said the other side was wrong. in fact, Eu officials said that SB is supposed to ship w/both games, there is no typo, SB will be shipped to EU w/2 games AND syslink support is already in game. which is correct, it was in beta but unable to be selected. why is this a big deal? lan play offers many more options besides xbl; tourneys, parties, xbconnect, 1 on 1, etc. and if Capcom/XB decide to start charging extra in the future for an online persistent world, those that don't desire to pay can opt-out and still get their money's worth offline/lan/tunneling. but when capcom US official replied they said that SBLOC (US) is ONLINE ONLY and sys-link/lan was removed for US version. makes no sense that a company this size which is releasing such a high-end, high-demand, high-priced game can't get their facts straight. before I let my friends pre-order this game, I told them to wait till I phone/email Capcom this week for official answer. I thought this game had already gone gold and all details were finalized but it seems that someones not relaying the correct info to everyone... especially the consumer.

plus Capcom US says they may re-re-release a combo bundle in the future with both games.

i believe that was the original plan but then someone decided to milk the cows for a little more money. corporate stupidity and greed.

one of my friends ordered the re-release from the US site before they changed the alleged "typo" (bait & switch). When he heard they were changing the wording, he was considering cancelling but had no way to via capcom support so I grabbed a screen capture for him so he can kindly ask Capcom to send him "exactly" what he ordered. $220 for complete bundle w/ both games. if anyone needs the screencap, let me know and I'll post it somewhere.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']even if you call them you are making them MORE aware of the TREMOR code and they may kill the code. this code is great for other titles, but not for bundles and I wouldn't want them to end the promotion for fear of too many CAGers abusing it for high-end products. if you want to be safe, preorder it in-stores EB or GS, minimum is $25-50 and you can cancel or apply to something else if you're online order is successful. but do not, imo, order from two online sites in case you receive both and your wallet/stomach can't handle it. GS had a coupon code before that allowed me to order a console bundle for nearly 25% off. I watched my order for weeks hoping they would fill it and instead of cancelling my order, they updated my pricing and emailed me to ask if I still wanted the item for full price. luckily I had the option to say no, w/ the SB pre-order, you may simply get your order cancelled and unless the controllers are mass-produced (highly unlikely) you'll be paying ebay prices of $250-$400 several months down the road.

if you pre-order instore, you will pay state tax but not shipping (of course) but at least you'll get it the day it comes out, with far less stress.

ymmv.

and for one last time, Capcom has officially stated that SB-original game bundle will not include SB:LOC (xbl) and vice versa. The bundle is $200+, SBLOC is add'l $50. neither version of the game will work w/o the massive controller/pedal bundle. neither game is mapped to work w/ the regular xbox controllers.

.[/quote]
Hi Sorry If I will cause a problem. I didnot mean it.

[quote name='breakin2']I want this game, but $200 for it is hard to swallow. It's even harder to explain to a wife...[/quote]

Just tell her its your new home security system.

1012830337-1.jpeg

Well my wife was cool with it she new i have had my eye on it for a while, and since I get my annual bonus on around that date it was cool. Yeah its a big chunk of change but it will be worth it, especially for the sequal.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']

one of my friends ordered the re-release from the US site before they changed the alleged "typo" (bait & switch). When he heard they were changing the wording, he was considering cancelling but had no way to via capcom support so I grabbed a screen capture for him so he can kindly ask Capcom to send him "exactly" what he ordered. $220 for complete bundle w/ both games. if anyone needs the screencap, let me know and I'll post it somewhere.[/quote]

I'd like to see this picture if its no trouble. It seems strange they'd change the configuration of this "bundle". And even strange that a large company would try a bait and switch move

Is this for just the first game and controller or for both the first and secound? I really want to get this and might order it from ebgames if its cheaper then ordering from gamestop :)

This is just for the FIRST game and the controller.

I ordered mine a few days ago...they better not run out! Their seems to be a lot of interest even just on this board.

What I really want to do is just order it in my local EB store...you can put a $20 deposit down on it...I just don't trust it. I have a feeling it will be one of those "if we get it, you will get your copy...if we don't, you get your money back" sortof deals. So I guess to be safe I will keep my order on EBgames.com with 2nd day air.

I won't be able to come up with that money since I recently spent $50 and now I owe my bro $50, so I probably won't have money to by it till my B-Day, which is in April. So, do you think I'll still might be able to get one for around $200 in April? If not then my Dad might by me it early, like he did for the GBA SP. And I've noticed that when other people post about not being able to get money from their parents at the time, someone bitches about how I should get a job, so to prevent that, I can't cuz I'm twelve.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']

one of my friends ordered the re-release from the US site before they changed the alleged "typo" (bait & switch). When he heard they were changing the wording, he was considering cancelling but had no way to via capcom support so I grabbed a screen capture for him so he can kindly ask Capcom to send him "exactly" what he ordered. $220 for complete bundle w/ both games. if anyone needs the screencap, let me know and I'll post it somewhere.[/quote]

I too would like to see the coupon, thanks.

Tony

Looks like a cool game. I'm not about to drop $150 on a controller I can use for one (ok, 2) games though.

If you have a paid gamespot.com account, use the 10% code to get an additional 10% off! :)

BTW, somebody said they worked at Capcom? When'd you work there? I had an informal internship (production assistant) there a year ago~

Oh yeah, the controller's a really fun thing... though I'd say the coolest/most-random peripheral they have at Capcom is the Onimusha 3 sword controller... I visited some old friends there and saw several units being used...

bread's done
Back