steel series v2 headset, for $40 shipped

This is a great deal. I was going to buy the audio mixer for $40 but this deal comes with it! the headset that is listed is worth $119.00 on the website so this is basically $80 off!. Great find thanks! Just hope its not fake lol

Does it hook up to the 360/PS3 via optical? or 3.5mm to the tv? no optical no sale.

Great price but i prefer optical.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Wearing a pair, so very worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about these for my kid to use with his 360. Good idea? How difficult to hook up?

They take like 3 weeks to ship anything to you... Just an FYI.

Also, this is the PS3 version of the headset. It is compatible with PC/360/PS3 and comes with the mixer like others said. Definitely a good investment. No optical.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Thinking about these for my kid to use with his 360. Good idea? How difficult to hook up?[/QUOTE]

With the 360, you're going to need a 3.5mm adapter. Steelseries sells one, but it's overpriced. I'm sure there are cheapies on Amazon.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']They take like 3 weeks to ship anything to you... Just an FYI.

Also, this is the PS3 version of the headset. It is compatible with PC/360/PS3 and comes with the mixer like others said. Definitely a good investment. No optical.[/QUOTE]

Support will send you pretty much any cable for $10. Just send in a ticket, and they'll take care of it.

reviews for this seem solid, the audio mixer that essentially allows me to make this universal sealed it. I have a PC headset and it seemed like a pain in the ass to try and get a good conversion to my PS3 and 360. May need a cable or two but its the connection ports that cost the money, cables can be found easy.

So few universal headsets, if this is the quality i keep hearing about then its definately worth it for $40.

hey, anyone able to say how these compare to the turtle beach x12? besides being cross platform, but soundwise, comfortwise, and the sort?

thanks.

I don't think I'll ever buy from them again. It took a month for me to get my product (from the regular website instead of ebay) and the support doesn't really read what you write. Product is amazing though (at least of what works).

bread's done
Back