The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Final bid was $710. Congrats kobra90! LOL j/k...[/QUOTE]

Sad part about this is that FYE released a similar one at the same time and my gf lost it.

Futureshop stuff goes the way of the dinosaur quite quickly.

The Drive slip that was in such high demand two or so months ago is pretty much nonexistant on eBay now (No one wants to sell theirs!). The last one I saw went for $70-ish for the slipcover only. Each store received about 30, so with 800-ish stores, that's about 2400 (give or take a couple hundred) that were produced. I have one, thankfully, so I'm not worried about it. Their stuff goes quick.

[quote name='Scorch']Futureshop stuff goes the way of the dinosaur quite quickly.

The Drive slip that was in such high demand two or so months ago is pretty much nonexistant on eBay now (No one wants to sell theirs!). The last one I saw went for $70-ish for the slipcover only. Each store received about 30, so with 800-ish stores, that's about 2400 (give or take a couple hundred) that were produced. I have one, thankfully, so I'm not worried about it. Their stuff goes quick.[/QUOTE]

^ You might want to double check your math

[quote name='GBAstar']^ You might want to double check your math[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant 80-ish.. and even that was wrong, there's 146. So even then, if (big if) every store got 30, that's 4,380. They don't ship outside of Canada, either.

I don't suppose someone got an extra Underworld steelcase they'd sell? I need to pay more attention to this thread...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Check your local BB's, apparently they've restocked them with more[/QUOTE]

I've been to 2 this week both had plenty after being sold out last week, but as someone else said they were $34.99.

[quote name='kobra90']Sad part about this is that FYE released a similar one at the same time and my gf lost it.[/QUOTE]

FYE in the US only had the DVD version they never got the Blu ray which is worth the big bucks.

The moment you been waiting for...

Paramount Centenary Edition (Play.com Exclusive) Steelbooks

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Iron Man
Saving Private Ryan
Shooter
Watchmen

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=paramount%20centenary&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1337293571_11457211e4b611ebbfb787fd3705ee60

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The moment you been waiting for...

Iron Man
Saving Private Ryan
Shooter
Watchmen

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=paramount%20centenary&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1337293571_11457211e4b611ebbfb787fd3705ee60[/QUOTE]

Your link didn't load corretly for me. I had to research on the page.

And does Play.com ship to the US? I always thought they didn't.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The moment you been waiting for...

Iron Man
Saving Private Ryan
Shooter
Watchmen

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=paramount%20centenary&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:85386&awc=1418_1337293571_11457211e4b611ebbfb787fd3705ee60[/QUOTE]

They don't ship to the US right?

Has anyone seen the Ghost Rider: SoV steelbook pre-orders lately? I read at one point they were having issues and some stores pulled them. I have yet to see any at the Best Buys that I frequent.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'll laugh if all those paramount releases aren't steelbooks[/QUOTE]

You'd think they'd make mention of it to entice preorders, right?

[quote name='Havokscry']Has anyone seen the Ghost Rider: SoV steelbook pre-orders lately? I read at one point they were having issues and some stores pulled them. I have yet to see any at the Best Buys that I frequent.[/QUOTE]Saw about six of them, including one opened one, sitting on the shelf at the BB closest to my house.

[quote name='Havokscry']Has anyone seen the Ghost Rider: SoV steelbook pre-orders lately? I read at one point they were having issues and some stores pulled them. I have yet to see any at the Best Buys that I frequent.[/QUOTE]
Just picked one up today at best buy near me. They still had about ten on the shelf

[quote name='ssjmichael']
I have a region free BD player so I don't have to worry much about that anymore :)[/QUOTE]

What's a good region free player? I forget what one a friend has, but he hates it. And most of the reviews for ones I've found online say they're usually nothing but problems.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Woot! I got a brand new Thor 3D Steelbook, baby! :D[/QUOTE]

How'd you manage that? I just picked up a brand new regular 3D/2D at work for $8, but that's about it for me.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Woot! I got a brand new Thor 3D Steelbook, baby! :D[/QUOTE]
How were you able to get that? Lol its not even on the OP's list?

[quote name='Scorch']Hey, that Dark Knight Rises steelbook is total BS. That's bluesteelfr's custom steelbook![/QUOTE]

Yep, the Avengers one has a striking similarity to his too:

his:
714782theavengers4front.png

theirs:
film_17549_1_b.jpg
http://www.filmarena.cz/obrazky/film_17549_1.jpg

I'm picking up a Green Lantern steelbook tomorrow. Not a fan that it's in a DVD case I think, but I can't complain for the price.

Haven't even seen the movie, ha.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I'm picking up a Green Lantern steelbook tomorrow. Not a fan that it's in a DVD case I think, but I can't complain for the price.

Haven't even seen the movie, ha.[/QUOTE]

I definitely believe that, cause had you seen it there'd be no way you'd be buying it.

I think I'm gonna give it to a friend. HUGE Green Lantern fan and he hated the movie. The art is pretty awesome though, at least from the picture.

It's not any different from people buying the Ghost Rider steelbook, though. Awful movies.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I think I'm gonna give it to a friend. HUGE Green Lantern fan and he hated the movie. The art is pretty awesome though, at least from the picture.

It's not any different from people buying the Ghost Rider steelbook, though. Awful movies.[/QUOTE]

where are you getting it? Because if its the best buy one they've all been sold out for a loooong time.

[quote name='Grammar Police']I think I'm gonna give it to a friend. HUGE Green Lantern fan and he hated the movie. The art is pretty awesome though, at least from the picture.

It's not any different from people buying the Ghost Rider steelbook, though. Awful movies.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say the green lantern was near as bad as ghost rider..at least there was some enjoyment from GL.

Ghost Rider 1 at least tried. Ghost Rider 2 didn't even try, it just said "WE GOT 3D FIRE" and made the movie around that.

Nice to see another steelbook come stateside. Same design as the UK one which is on amazon uk for just a little bit less than this ($28.40 shipped)

[quote name='seether254']where are you getting it? Because if its the best buy one they've all been sold out for a loooong time.[/QUOTE]

It's that one. I have a decent connection for them across a few states. This one cost me $16.39 including the $3 shipping fee.

$29.99 seems a bit pricey for a steelbook via BB, even if it's BD + DVD or BD + DVD + DC, though it may drop in price before release when we see that week's ad.

My guess it'll be $24.99 on release week.

How is Safe House, as far as a movie goes?

If it's down to $24.99 like most first week new releases, that is a good deal for a Steelie.

Safe House is apparently a pretty good movie, but I'll wait until I get confirmation that it's G1 and not G2. Hopefully Best Buy has learned from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back