The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Make sure to scan your RZ card first so it autofills and you don't have to give them any info. For once, I don't plan on canceling this time. Just gotta pray for a DMR coupon![/QUOTE]

If you cancel, does that mean you get a metal case for free? That doesn't seem right...

I've got the $8 off coupon for the 3D version locked in at Amazon. If a DMR coupon shows up, I'll cancel that order.

Edit: I just opened my Avengers case. Why would they release a 3-disc case for a BD that's going to be released as either a 2 or 4 disc set?

[quote name='WingsDJY']If you cancel, does that mean you get a metal case for free? That doesn't seem right...

I've got the $8 off coupon for the 3D version locked in at Amazon. If a DMR coupon shows up, I'll cancel that order.

Edit: I just opened my Avengers case. Why would they release a 3-disc case for a BD that's going to be released as either a 2 or 4 disc set?[/QUOTE]

Is one disk virtual copy?

I called my closest store and the woman said they aren't getting and releasing them until 9/2 now. Anyone else hear this or should I chalk that info up to Best Buy's general idiocy?

[quote name='vanton619']I called my closest store and the woman said they aren't getting and releasing them until 9/2 now. Anyone else hear this or should I chalk that info up to Best Buy's general idiocy?[/QUOTE]

There were a couple of ppl over at blu-ray.com that said the same thing yesterday. But with so many other stores already putting them out, I'm not sure.

I did call my local store about an hour and a half ago. The girl that answered looked it up and then had to go talk to someone about it for some reason. When she came back, she said that they had just put them out and that they had 20 available.

She was nice enough to pull one and hold it for me and after grabbing mine, she said she's going to have to go get one for herself. :)

i called my store and they said they weren't out yet (aurora, IL). didn't believe them because i couldn't convince the girl to go out to the floor, so i went myself and there was an end cap full of them. i'd say unless they Physically check, there is probably a good chance they are there

[quote name='WingsDJY']If you cancel, does that mean you get a metal case for free? That doesn't seem right...

Edit: I just opened my Avengers case. Why would they release a 3-disc case for a BD that's going to be released as either a 2 or 4 disc set?[/QUOTE]Most of the past cases that were releases have been 3-disc at most, even for some of the 4-disc releases. I end up not putting the DC disc (if there is a separate one) or the DVD disc (if there's no separate DC disc) if there's no room for that extra disc in there.

I did check, and I was mistaken earlier about its size. It is a G2/BD-sized case.

I called a different store this time (Riverdale, NJ) and at first they said it wasn't out yet. Then, when I asked when it'd be out, a box of them magically turned up in their warehouse. It was a bit of a drive but I wanted to make sure I got one.Since the first store I called (Rockaway, NJ) said it's not out until 9/2 (a Sunday), my guess from past experiences working at Best Buy is that the majority of the stores have them by now, but the boxes are probably marked to hold for next weeks ad. I think it will just depend whether or not the particular store wants to hold them or sell now.

My BB got them today, just like I was told. I guess I gotta give more credit to my local BB employees.

...Nahh!

Got two steelbooks.

M

Got 3 and The Terminator Anthology Metal digipak

[customspoiler=Best Buy]
t4yc07.jpg

2q1armh.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up one at the BB at Santana Row. Had about 4-5 copies left on one of the endcaps. Didnt even know that they were out this week.

Question, so the case I bought it from, the BB is a little out of the way for me. Say it comes time when the movie comes out, can I just use the receipt and get the $7.50 at another BB or can it only be deducted from the one where I preordered the case?

[quote name='TheRock88']Picked up one at the BB at Santana Row. Had about 4-5 copies left on one of the endcaps. Didnt even know that they were out this week.

Question, so the case I bought it from, the BB is a little out of the way for me. Say it comes time when the movie comes out, can I just use the receipt and get the $7.50 at another BB or can it only be deducted from the one where I preordered the case?[/QUOTE]Has to be the store with the preorder.

[quote name='TheRock88']Picked up one at the BB at Santana Row. Had about 4-5 copies left on one of the endcaps. Didnt even know that they were out this week.

[/QUOTE]

I probably should have gone on Tues but I went to the Milpitas location only and they didn't receive them yet. Went to SR yesterday and they had pulled the 2 left they had due to the memo to hold them. Fortunately for me, I saw the gaming rep (talk to him most visits) and the CS guy (lots of PMs) I deal with and they hooked me up with one even though the memo told them to hold the remaining until Sun (for the ad). Good guys even though they know less about their promos than I do.

I think they also felt bad and sold it to me because I keep coming in to do trades and their trade equipment is still down. Been like 4-5 months now.

Just picked up a few metal Avengers today... this location received just a few Sunday but another dozen today...
and when I called yesterday and they were considering limiting only one per guest... manager said no need as more were arriving today...

[quote name='Mako1215']Got Avengers and Cinderella.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Cinderella isn't supposed to be out until next week. Can you post a picture?

I'll have to swing by tomorrow.

[quote name='bob330i']I probably should have gone on Tues but I went to the Milpitas location only and they didn't receive them yet. Went to SR yesterday and they had pulled the 2 left they had due to the memo to hold them. Fortunately for me, I saw the gaming rep (talk to him most visits) and the CS guy (lots of PMs) I deal with and they hooked me up with one even though the memo told them to hold the remaining until Sun (for the ad). Good guys even though they know less about their promos than I do.

I think they also felt bad and sold it to me because I keep coming in to do trades and their trade equipment is still down. Been like 4-5 months now.[/QUOTE]

Lol what a coincedance. The reason i went there was to trade in some games and the clerk told me that the trade equipment was down (didnt even know its been like that for months).

[quote name='shrike4242']They were out at one BB I ran to over the lunch hour, right on an endcap like past ones.

This one, I think, works differently, because it's asking for your personal info, most likely to "reserve" one of the movies for the pre-order. Might be difficult for anyone doing the buy in-store-wait two weeks past release-return for "free" steelbook.[/QUOTE]
So you can't just buy the steelbook (sku 6316045) outright for $7.50? Is it tied to a pre-order? I only want the steelbook because I want the collector's edition or a better deal on the regular edition.

[quote name='donut']pickles, couldn't remember the other title to look for.... pickles....[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. Only walked out with Avengers

[quote name='shrike4242']They were out at one BB I ran to over the lunch hour, right on an endcap like past ones.

This one, I think, works differently, because it's asking for your personal info, most likely to "reserve" one of the movies for the pre-order. Might be difficult for anyone doing the buy in-store-wait two weeks past release-return for "free" steelbook.[/QUOTE]
So you can't just buy the steelbook (sku 6316045) outright for $7.50? Is it tied to a pre-order? I only want the steelbook because I want the collector's edition or a better deal on the regular edition.

Also, not sure if it has has been mentioned yet but the Snow White and Huntman Best Buy exclusive steelbook is available for pre-order for $24.99
SKU: 6541385

I picked one up in St. Pete, Fl today. Talked to two guys, both had no idea what I was even talking about. Had to show them the end cap. One of the guys ended up looking it up in the computer (I gave him the sku #) and he found out they received 20. He went in the back and grabbed one for me.

[quote name='TheRock88']Lol what a coincedance. The reason i went there was to trade in some games and the clerk told me that the trade equipment was down (didnt even know its been like that for months).[/QUOTE]

Seems like forever. I like the gaming reps there and Sunnyvale better than the guys in Milpitas. There are a couple guys that take forever to get the trades done and I got one of them today. Hassled me a bit re: "not for resale" versions of games but got the manager to ok it as the "not for sale" text was punched. Got them from GS.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Today . Back of it gives preorder start date as 08/31[/QUOTE]
oh wow. hopefully, they ship the ones a bunch of us ordered from their site.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Is it too late to get the Snow White steelbook or is not available until release? I haven't seen any Best Buy stores.[/QUOTE]
This come out 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back