The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']I Know, I Know, I should have just asked last night when I was there... but it didn't occur to me...

Has anyone been lucky enough to find steels at BBuy after release week?
If so, what did they ring up for please?[/QUOTE]

Yes, picked up Cinderella last night and they rung it up like a regular pre-order price, $7.50 for this particular one. It was a spur of the moment buy as it was the first one I saw in store. They were gone pre-release at one point at both of the BBs I frequent.

I found two Muppets cases at mine yesterday. I figured them at $7.50, but now that you asked I'm kicking myself for not getting them price checked as they could have pennied out like the Cinderella plushes I bought.

They probably still have a bunch of TDK/Batman Begins and one or two others from when they released those (Goodfellas, Matrix for example). They're $20-25 depending on which one. I found a Prototype 2 one about two months ago. It rang up $60 without the game.

They had the display up for Brave on one of the new releases display but it was either sold out or not put out yet. Couldnt find a person to ask and i was short on time so had to leave. Will try again later this week

Same here, went this morning around 11am, but guess that was too late, as the shelf was empty. I asked and they said that whatever they put out was it. Hoping there's a restock soon, I'll also be checking the Best Buy by my work tomorrow, to see if they by any chance have some.

[quote name='fmwross2']I found two Muppets cases at mine yesterday. I figured them at $7.50, but now that you asked I'm kicking myself for not getting them price checked as they could have pennied out like the Cinderella plushes I bought.

They probably still have a bunch of TDK/Batman Begins and one or two others from when they released those (Goodfellas, Matrix for example). They're $20-25 depending on which one. I found a Prototype 2 one about two months ago. It rang up $60 without the game.[/QUOTE]

For the Muppets cases, you can go back and "cancel the preorder" and gete the case for free. I did that picking up a Ghost Rider SoV case a month after the movie came out.

[quote name='ray2dee']Anyone know when the Dark Knight Raises cases might start showing up[/QUOTE]

They aren't preorder cases. Its going to be a normal steelbook with the discs inside

[quote name='ray2dee']Anyone know when the Finding Nemo cases might start showing up[/QUOTE]
Soon.

photo.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Im still hoping I can score a Brave pre-order, they seem to be rare in my area. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I haven't seen them around here either, I've stepped in at least 2 times in the last week.

I must say, I'm on the fence with the Disney Metal Paks. As much as I love a metal case, I kind of prefer the lenticular slips of the 3D releases.

Side comment: Noticed a couple interesting things at my local Target last night.
1. They've restocked the ET Steelbooks
2. They now have The Incredibles with a slipcover. Possible reprint?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']Just bought a couple Brave...
Curious if a BBuy store has left over steels, how much do they ring up for?[/QUOTE]

I saw a Goodfellas Steelbook from a while back at my BBY when I went to get Brave but my store rang it up for $20 and decided not to because I didn't really care for it. My BBY also had a ton of Snow White and the Huntsman Steels but still at $25. I bet it will have a local discount soon.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I must say, I'm on the fence with the Disney Metal Paks. As much as I love a metal case, I kind of prefer the lenticular slips of the 3D releases.

Side comment: Noticed a couple interesting things at my local Target last night.
1. They've restocked the ET Steelbooks
2. They now have The Incredibles with a slipcover. Possible reprint?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find any ET Steelbooks at mine.

Is that Nemo one Futureshop only?

Got Brave today. Store had about five left. Also preordered Spider-Man online. Pretty stoked for that one.

Empty Case - Best Buy
Release Date 11/11/12
SKU # 6800831
*This will be printed on next 2 week's AD

Case with Disc - Future Shop
Release Date 12/4/12

[quote name='jwizzle5786']Is that Nemo one Futureshop only?

Got Brave today. Store had about five left. Also preordered Spider-Man online. Pretty stoked for that one.[/QUOTE]I would be very picky about checking it if you did it for shipping.

I did a pre-order of Snow White & The Huntsman online for shipping and three times in a row, they shipped it in a glorified plastic bag. No box, just a plastic bag. Every time, it was dented, bent and pretty much destroyed in shipment.

It took multiple phone calls and complaints, though they eventually shipped it in a box. That one came perfect.

I'm waiting to order it for in-store pickup rather than take a chance on it getting eaten in shipment again.

I don't have a way to get to the Mall easily, so I have to usually order online. I won't put up with dents or shit. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='shrike4242']I would be very picky about checking it if you did it for shipping.

I did a pre-order of Snow White & The Huntsman online for shipping and three times in a row, they shipped it in a glorified plastic bag. No box, just a plastic bag. Every time, it was dented, bent and pretty much destroyed in shipment.

It took multiple phone calls and complaints, though they eventually shipped it in a box. That one came perfect.

I'm waiting to order it for in-store pickup rather than take a chance on it getting eaten in shipment again.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad, I went to pick up the SW&tH steel the morning of release. Luckily I got there not long after the store opened because I only saw 5-6 copies on the shelf. Out of those few, only 1-2 copies were NOT dented up.

Somehow the upper portion(underneath the flap/cardboard) of the steelbooks had gotten crushed to where the top of the case was bulged up.

Luckily some of these internet retailers(Play.com, Amazon.de) have learned how to properly ship steelbooks. Unfortunately, places like BBY and Target don't deal with them enough to care.

Went to a random Target yesterday and they still had 3-5 of the ET Steelbooks.
Debated picking up a couple of them and seeing if I could make a few on Ebay or whatever but got distracted by a shiny penny on the floor and forgot all about it until right now.

I picked up a Brave steelbook/case on Thursday. The case looked so nice that I cancelled my $12.99 DeepDiscount preorder of the BR+DVD combo pack, and I now plan on buying the film from BBY. :)

[quote name='jwizzle5786']I don't have a way to get to the Mall easily, so I have to usually order online. I won't put up with dents or shit. Thanks for the tip.[/QUOTE]I bitched up a storm the first time and the rep didn't take it as a "complaint", which is why it happened the second time. The second time, it was registered as a complaint though I had to make a new order as BB (and HP for that matter, though that's a different story) can't reorder an item more than once on an existing order. The third time it happened, I decided that it was time to make a complaint up the chain of command to BB customer relations, which is how I ended up with a $10 GC & $30 GC for my troubles, plus I think I ended up with it being no more than $15 + tax, if not free after all the returns.

If you order it online, make sure to check it from top to bottom and if it shows up in a grey plastic bag, assume the worst.

[quote name='darkdaze73']Don't feel too bad, I went to pick up the SW&tH steel the morning of release. Luckily I got there not long after the store opened because I only saw 5-6 copies on the shelf. Out of those few, only 1-2 copies were NOT dented up.

Somehow the upper portion(underneath the flap/cardboard) of the steelbooks had gotten crushed to where the top of the case was bulged up.

Luckily some of these internet retailers(Play.com, Amazon.de) have learned how to properly ship steelbooks. Unfortunately, places like BBY and Target don't deal with them enough to care.[/QUOTE]I normally try to get them in-store, though as sometimes I'm not able to get to BB on Tuesday, I try to order them online to save it being an issue with not getting one.

This foolishness with the same issue happened three times in a row was just too much to believe, especially with all the bitching I did the first two times. Makes me think that BB just doesn't think on how to ship items like movies and 99% of the time, they can get away with it. This was the 1% that they couldn't do it.

I know BB and other online retailers are trying to save money on shipments, though some items need to be shipped in a box without question. Target did it to me with the ET Steelbook, which is why if Target has one, I'll make a point to go before work to pick one up the next time. Looks like that'll have to be for Bourne Legacy.

I ordered the Amazing Spider-man steelbook online just in case I couldn't get to the store in time to find one. How quickly does Best Buy ship? I'm wondering if I'll have time to cancel the order before it ships if I do get the chance to get one in store on Friday. Bad enough that the steelbooks they put on the shelves are dented 50% of the time, I definitely don't want to deal with them shipping a steelbook in a plastic bubble mailers so it can come bent in half if I don't have to. Will have to do the same for The Dark Knight Rises.

When The Dark Knight steelbooks came out, I got two in a row with dents hiding under the paper that wraps around the top from the back. Impossible to see before I opened it and had to get it exchanged twice.

Think in-store p/u option will appear anytime soon for Amazing Spiderman?
I really don't want shipping on steelbooks.
I had to settle on Brave due to my BBY having the steelbooks out earlier then stated and missed out on picking it up in-store

Granted, it wasn't a Steelbook, but when Best Buy shipped my Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray, they shipped it in a molded cardboard envelope and it wasn't damaged at all.

[quote name='DestroVega']Wasn't going to buy Spidey, but there is a cookie recipe included!? Sold![/QUOTE]

It has to be one of those dumbest things I've seen advertised on a movie being sold

Haven't seen the movie since opening week, but wasn't peanut butter the thing Aunt May kept telling Peter to bring home?

Yes because anyone interested is going to buy the peanut butter just to get the coupon and then throw the jar away. Do you even think before you post? Also if you're paying $4 for peanut butter, you're paying too much.

[quote name='bearkiss']yes! and even eating it is an option too![/QUOTE]

Get outta town! What do I put it on? Toast?

I'll probably pick up a Spider-Man steelbook Friday even though I can probably get the regular 2D blu-ray for cheap. I never even use the 3D, but I have to have it. I don't know why.

It's a win-win for me, I'm only buying the movie to get the cookie recipe, and because I need peanut butter to actually make the cookies, the coupon is just netting me free PB!

#score

[quote name='DestroVega']It's a win-win for me, I'm only buying the movie to get the cookie recipe, and because I need peanut butter to actually make the cookies, the coupon is just netting me free PB!

#score[/QUOTE]

Hello, bargain!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Also if you're paying $4 for peanut butter, you're paying too much.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed the Spidey one at Walmart and it is $3.13. Granted, my mom does eat peanut butter, but the guy isn't far off.

However, the coupon itself is on the lid, so if you're feeling amoral you could just rip it off without buying the peanut butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back