Stephen King's Cell

LOL. When I read your title from the front page, I thought you meant his cell phone number.

^Maybe I'm just tired.

[quote name='valor19']LOL. When I read your title from the front page, I thought you meant his cell phone number.

^Maybe I'm just tired.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I wouldn't mind getting that too! He might give me one book for free!

[quote name='valor19']LOL. When I read your title from the front page, I thought you meant his cell phone number.

^Maybe I'm just tired.[/QUOTE]

i thought the same thing... i guess he has a new book, i dont read him so i wouldnt know

This is the one where people become zombies from the radiation in their cellphones, rite? I'm a big zombie fan, and I always hated the radiation/voodoo mythologies, but I'll give it a read since it is by Stephen King.

[quote name='jlarlee']The first two chapters can be previewed here
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1150884_5||1151082_0_,00.html[/QUOTE]

thanks. the book sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the 30% off update. ANyone see this at Costco yet? Also, I just got a coupon for Waldenbooks for 25% off. I'll see if it's cheaper there with the coupon. By the way, anyone see Masters of Horror tonight on ShowtimeHD? It was by Clive Barker. Really sick stuff!

[quote name='jovherye']Thanks for the 30% off update. ANyone see this at Costco yet? Also, I just got a coupon for Waldenbooks for 25% off. I'll see if it's cheaper there with the coupon. By the way, anyone see Masters of Horror tonight on ShowtimeHD? It was by Clive Barker. Really sick stuff![/QUOTE]

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11103081&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Cell
by Stephen King
Hardcover Book

$15.79
Item # 979346
Plus Shipping & Handling

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Pretty good.

Although I am kind of avoiding King's work after reading the last Dark Tower book. It was a let down.[/QUOTE]
it was the perfect ending to the dark tower in my opinion

I paid 18 for it at Wal-Mart B&M. I knew I could probably get it elsewhere, but I read the jacket and a few pages of it and I knew I had to get it right then. I'm about 100 pages into it. I don't know if it's exactly radiation from the cell-phones. The main characters have proposed some ideas, but they really have no proof.
So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I really like those, "life on earth is over as we know it" kind of books, so maybe I'm biased.

Well, I finished the book. It was fun while it lasted.
If anyone can tell me what the date at the very end is supposed to mean, I would greatly appreciate it. So drop me a PM when someone finishes it.

[quote name='jlarlee']it was the perfect ending to the dark tower in my opinion[/QUOTE]

QFT, although I imagined that it would end this way somewhere in the middle of "The Wastelands." No real reason (that is, there is little foreshadowing of the ending, likely due to King not knowing) - perhaps just either a lucky guess on my part, or based on the knowledge that no Stephen King book ends with a satisfied protagonist.

What I'd like to know is if he's written anything "non" Dark Tower related since "Needful Things" that is worth reading - Gerald's Game and Delores Caliborne killed me on him, and I haven't read much of him (DT notwithstanding) since. I read From a Buick 8, which was an uninspired and tired-old "creepy things happen in Bangor garages" story reminscent (too much) of both Christine and The Tommyknockers. It's as if he plagiarizes himself anymore.

bread's done
Back