Steve Nash leaves Dallas to play with Marion & Amare

[quote name='magilacudy']It don't think its official yet, just a verbal agreement. That takes Phoenix out of the Kobe sweepstakes though...[/quote]

Suns are offering $100 Million to Kobe. Apparently they are way under the cap.

Looking at the contract seems he's getting a lot more than I think he's worth (was it 5 years for $65 million?)....then again it is the NBA....

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']it also gives Dallas the needed cap space to pursue the Shaq deal[/quote]

And one less bargaining chip.

It's actually 6 years $65 million (according to ESPN). And no, it's not official, but Nash has confirmed it. Apparently he took the deal to Cuban/Mavs and they declined to match it. It probably is more than he is worth though.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Dallas should go for Kobe over Shaq[/quote]

you should never take kobe over shaq. shaq got them the titles. kobe is great, dont get me wrong, but he is a bona fide piece of crap (not even including the alleged "rape"). anyone who bangs another broad with a wife as hot as his, needs a chin check.

though this deal is good for phoenix, its surprising to see dullas ship one of the top five PG in the game.

I was hoping they'd sign n trade nash to LA so we didn't have to get rid of Dirk. Hopefully Dampier will go to LA in a 3-way deal and Dallas will get Shaq and might keep Dirk but I doubt it. He'll probably stay in LA since he likes coach K and they don't really want to trade him to Dallas or Sac.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']
you should never take kobe over shaq. shaq got them the titles.
[/quote]

I agree with this (just look at their record w/o Shaq vs. their record w/o Kobe), but if you're looking long-term - as in 5+ years, Kobe is the better bet cause Shaq probably only has a few years left.

im seriously surprised he hasnt retired yet. what more does he have to prove? he is still the most unstoppable player in the game and has been since his second year. he is a not human. call mulder.

Kobe and Shaq is just Like Dirk and Shaq in my opinion, and that didnt work. Kobe and Dirk on the same team would be sick and cuban could use his big pockets to grap a decent big man from someplace else

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Kobe and Shaq is just Like Dirk and Shaq in my opinion, and that didnt work. Kobe and Dirk on the same team would be sick and cuban could use his big pockets to grap a decent big man from someplace else[/quote]

I read somewhere that a "source close to Kobe" said that he has expressed extreme disinterest in playing with Dirk

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Kobe and Shaq is just Like Dirk and Shaq in my opinion, and that didnt work. Kobe and Dirk on the same team would be sick and cuban could use his big pockets to grap a decent big man from someplace else[/quote]

i wonder why millionaires bitch so much. ..

[quote name='sic62']He'll probably stay in LA since he likes coach K and they don't really want to trade him to Dallas or Sac.[/quote]

Arghh. Don't get me started on Coach K. That is just going to cater to even more high schoolers streaming in the league, and further dilution of overall NBA talent.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I agree with this (just look at their record w/o Shaq vs. their record w/o Kobe), but if you're looking long-term - as in 5+ years, Kobe is the better bet cause Shaq probably only has a few years left.[/quote]

I agree. Shaq's stats have already started dropping from last year. He might get more points and boards next season just to 'stick it' to the Lakers but I don't think he can keep it up for however long his new contract will be.

Yet I don't think Kobe can carry a team on his own, which may be the case if the Clips get him. I really hope both Shaq and Kobe leave the Lakers for good though. I doubt that will happen but they would be better off with Kobe.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Steve Nash is not worth over 10 million a year.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

but if you're looking long-term - as in 5+ years, Kobe is the better bet cause Shaq probably only has a few years left.

Yeah, but in today's league, there is no long term. Teams will try anything they can just to build a championship team for one year. What the Lakers did keeping that team together for a few years is very rare, and certainly not the norm. If Dallas can get Shaq for at least one to two good runs at a championship, they should do it.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']it also gives Dallas the needed cap space to pursue the Shaq deal[/quote]

And one less bargaining chip.

It's actually 6 years $65 million (according to ESPN). And no, it's not official, but Nash has confirmed it. Apparently he took the deal to Cuban/Mavs and they declined to match it. It probably is more than he is worth though.[/quote]

While that makes sense, it's not true... hear me out, since Shaq's contract is so ridiculous Dallas first needs to clear a bit of cap room in order to sign him. In order to do that they have to trade a multitude of players, ie-Nash, Walker, Stackhouse, Najera & Bradley. However, no other team would want to accept ALL those contracts. As it stands talks are going on with Golden State, that would send the Warriors a player or two, send Dampier from Golden State to LA, send some Mavericks to LA and ultimately send Shaq to Dallas. This is all a very delicate process, if Cuban needed Nash (for trade bait) he would've re-signed him. Nash going to Phoenix makes a deal easier, as Dallas now has more cap room to work with. And the deal suggested above should take place after Kobe is re-signed and the Lakers can shift their attention elsewhere. My guess is once Kobe clears up some of his legal problems, he'll re-sign with the Lakers and then a week or so later the blockbuster Shaq trade will go down.

bread's done
Back