still worth playing halo odst?

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
i just got a free game of halo odst in the mail, so i am just wondering if its worth unwrapping and actually playing, or should i just keep it wrapped and just go to gamestop and trade it in. ive never been a huge fan of the halo series, and not really caring about later installments of the franchise. but free is free, so should i give it a try or just pass it along.

I personally liked it. FF is pretty fun but u need to be able to find 4 ppl but when ya do it's good. I'd atleadt give it a sho since it's free.
If u want to give FF a shot pm me. I'm up for it since i want to finish up a ton of the other achievements. I know we had a few other CAG going for It for a bit.

You'll probably get more if you sell it on CL. Gamestop do not take sealed games, you will have to unwrap it, and take it in and get a used trade in price, which isn't worth shit. The game is actually good, and it comes with Halo 3's mutliplayer with ALL DLC, which is a great deal. Plus, until the 19th, you get to beta the new Halo's multi, which is a lot of fun as well.

Can't you take sealed games to walmart and get store credit without a receipt? You'll get 40 something there...

I'd give it a shot. It requires a slightly different approach than the older Halos. Since you got it free there's nothing to lose.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']

Can't you take sealed games to walmart and get store credit without a receipt? You'll get 40 something there...[/QUOTE]

Hooray for stealing?

[quote name='Gimgak']Hooray for stealing?[/QUOTE]

Yet there are people on this site who condone that practice, while at the same time taking advantage of exploits to get games shipped for 0.

I've never done that before, but doesn't walmart just turn around and sell that sealed game for what their price is? I am not condoning this, just wondering what they do with the sealed game after they turn it in?

walmart will generally take down your personal info so they can keep tabs if this is something that you do...often.

play the game, play the beta, and you can still play Halo 3 multi with the extra disc. then trade it to GS for $20 credit off a new game in stock.

[quote name='thisjustanother']i just got a free game of halo odst in the mail, so i am just wondering if its worth unwrapping and actually playing, or should i just keep it wrapped and just go to gamestop and trade it in. ive never been a huge fan of the halo series, and not really caring about later installments of the franchise. but free is free, so should i give it a try or just pass it along.[/QUOTE]

Why not play it for a little bit and then trade it into Gamestop? Best of both worlds.

Also, you should check into Goozex or the CAG Marketplace if you're still trading games in at GS.

trading games into gamestop should always be the last option

there are people who will buy it from you on ebay at a slightly higher price than gamestop will offer

or you could even trade it in to amazon for a higher price

Is there a reason no one mentioned he could play the Beta for a few days before it ends?

I'll admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of the single player, but FF is a blast. Plus you get all the halo 3 maps.

[quote name='kyleboller']trading games into gamestop should always be the last option

[/QUOTE]

That is definitely up in the air now. Gamestop lately has been really good about prices when you get the bonus.

[quote name='schuerm26']That is definitely up in the air now. Gamestop lately has been really good about prices when you get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

If by "really good prices" you mean "now might get nearly as much as you would on Ebay, rather than definitely less."

It's worth trying out. I preferred the single player campaign to Halo 3's and Reach may be worth trying out.

That said, I'm actually on my way to trade it in at a local [non-Gamestop] store just because I'm not a big Halo fan.

bread's done
Back