Stolen Images - Ever had this happened to you?

[quote name='mguiddy']I may be mistaken but I think since the first auction was deleted, ebay should send the buyer an email saying they auction was deleted, the contract is void, and not to pay for the item because it doesn't come with any protection from ebay.[/quote]
i didnt know about that. wow thats bonus. damn and all i wanted was for the auction to be pulled. serves him right i guess.

We should have him use a screencap from that "Ice Cream CD Repair" video that was on Digg recently, along with negative's "Actual disc!" comment .

That'll show 'em.

[quote name='phear3d']lol this guy is really something, he did it to another cag. maybe this guy is from cag.

rarebucky's suikoden iv auction

dyaus26's suikoden iv copycat

i messaged rarebucky and told him about it. ill let him deal with him this time. this guy is annoying..[/QUOTE]
Bad thing about images uploaded to eBay's server like rarebucky's is that someone can steal the image and you cant do anything about it. You may be able to remove the images from the server if there was no bids placed but I dont know if the image is still on the server even if you uploaded the same file just different file name.

I always upload my own images to my own website and put watermarks on all of them...that is if you use digital watermark and not traditional pen and paper with image. If you use photoshop, you can add watermarks easily.

1. Make a new document with no background color
2. Make text of whatever you want the watermark to say and save it
3. Select all (CTRL + A; CMD + A) and copy the watermark
4. On photoshop, there is an ACTIONS palette.
5. Click RECORD button and on image, paste watermark
6. Apply opacity to watermark so that it is semi-transparent (usually 20-30%)
7. Press the stop button to end recording

So next time you have an image, just open up the watermark image, copy the watermark, click on the image you want to add the watermark and press the PLAY on the ACTIONS palette. This will add the watermark and change opacity automatically so you dont have to keep doing it manually.

I am sure some ppl have used my pics but I do not search it out. I actually had a seller request if he/she could use my pic and I said OK. No big deal but al least I put watermarks in my pics now though.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']We are mean people.

Funny people, but still mean. :lol:[/quote]

yeah i think so too. hehe.

[quote name='rarebucky']Thanks to phear, I notified ebay and they immediately pulled the listings. Looks like he should be banned pretty soon. Lazy bastard.[/quote]

Thanks. :applause:

[quote name='unforeseen']I am sure some ppl have used my pics but I do not search it out.[/QUOTE]

How can I run a search to find out if someone is stealing my images?

[quote name='Number83']Wow, I can sell my sealed Ar Tonelico for that much? Grats![/quote]

good luck! i put mine for that much because i didnt really want to get rid of it. amazon's prices are $90. but someone bought it. i think i was the first to sell it for that much, i should get commission for starting the trend :lol:. i have 2 sealed copies left im trying to hold onto.

Thats crazy you got the time to look through the auctions and search for your past image in ebay auctions and then mark them. Who has the time to go through the auctions like that. Personally I take a picture put it on there and move on never going back to the item I sold again

i've had it happen to me and I've done it. it's really not that big of a deal. There are pages of completed items done by people who are never going to use the pics again. As long as the pic thief rehosts them, it's not hurting anyone.

[quote name='CGH']How can I run a search to find out if someone is stealing my images?[/quote]

you look at the past auctions. the ones that ended already.

[quote name='bmossokay']Thats crazy you got the time to look through the auctions and search for your past image in ebay auctions and then mark them. Who has the time to go through the auctions like that. Personally I take a picture put it on there and move on never going back to the item I sold again[/quote]

if you know where to look, then you wont have to look through hundreds of auctions. for me, i have 2 extra copies left of the game and i was wondering how much are they going for after i sold it for $110. i noticed that someone did infact sold it and did so for the same price so i followed the link and saw my pictures. i wont necessarily try to look for the others i've sold. i just happened to noticed this particular auction so i decided to take action.

[quote name='Apossum']i've had it happen to me and I've done it. it's really not that big of a deal. There are pages of completed items done by people who are never going to use the pics again. As long as the pic thief rehosts them, it's not hurting anyone.[/QUOTE]

Not true - it's mispresentation to use pictures of items you don't actually have for sale. For us collectors, it's a huge deal.

bread's done
Back