Stone Temple Pilots (2010) [and Pearl Jam 2010 Tour]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because I don't wanna pay for my music anymore since the bulk of the rest of songs that don't get airtime usually turn out to be crap? Because I only listen to music when I'm in the car or rarely when I'm in the shower?

But it's mostly that I don't wanna pay for what may be a totally shitty album besides the 1-2 tracks that get overplayed on the radio.[/QUOTE]

This is the stupidest comment I've ever heard. How would you even know if the rest of the songs were any good if you just admitted you don't listen to full albums? They don't not play most of an album on the radio because it sucks, they just don't play it, that's the way radio works. They play singles and that's pretty much it unless its a rare occasion or a special or something. Listen to Sin, Naked Sunday, Piece Of Pie and Where The River Goes off Core and tell me those songs all suck.

Yeah, the only way one could think the songs the radio picks are usually the best off of albums is if they're just into pop music. As they simply grab the most poppy, radio friendly songs.

Definitely the case with bands like STP where you get the more upbeat/mellow/poppy songs that have been singles over the years. A lot of those have been great songs, but by no means the only great songs on their albums. And that certainly wasn't the case this time as Between the Lines is a pretty lame song--I'd hate the album if that was one of the best songs on it!

[quote name='tcrash247']This is the stupidest comment I've ever heard. How would you even know if the rest of the songs were any good if you just admitted you don't listen to full albums? They don't not play most of an album on the radio because it sucks, they just don't play it, that's the way radio works. They play singles and that's pretty much it unless its a rare occasion or a special or something. Listen to Sin, Naked Sunday, Piece Of Pie and Where The River Goes off Core and tell me those songs all suck.[/QUOTE]
I own their older albums(though for how often I've listened to them it's just a waste)on CD and I've listened to all of those songs before.

Those ones do NOT suck, however I could not justify paying for their new album without previewing ALOT of the songs on the internet and even then my max price for a CD anymore is $2-5. Anything more and no matter how good the CD is they can shove it.

And that's fine, but your reasoning that songs not played on the radio are crap is flawed, that's all. I'd recommend "getting" the new album on the internet, it's not hard to find and it's worth it.

Finally gave this a dedicated listen. In all, it's a really good album--but not as good as most of their old stuff IMO. Shangri La is probably the only album of there's I'd put this ahead of.

That's not a slam by any means, I just really love the first 4 albums. Favorite song is still Dare if you Dare. Also really like Huckleberry Crumble, Take a Load Off and Hickory Dichotomy. Maver and Samba Nova are very good as well.

Oh, I'd also save the $4 or so and just get the regular CD if you haven't bought yet. The bonus track Samba Nova is good, but the DVD is pretty worthless and not much point in having the 3 live tracks on the cd. Actually annoying if listening on repeat since it ends with Between the Lines lives and then the album restarts with the studio verison which is a bummer since that's probably my least favorite song on the album.

So I'd say save $4 and just download Samba Nova.

I remember seeing STP open for Butthole Surfers in the early-mid-90s. Probably 93 or 94 as I was still in high school. I was familiar with their stuff as a friend of mine had their album. They sorta reminded me of Danzig in a way.

bread's done
Back