Stootsi Chaos Bin

heydanshere

CAG Veteran
I know that many people on the forums are displeased with Stootsi over their recent Box debacle, but for those that still do business with them (or have never used them), they've got some good deals going on.

Recently, they launched chaos.stootsi.com, which is like the old Stootsi but when an item sells out a new one automatically takes its place. For items that do not sell out, they go into the "Chaos Bin" in the Stootsi Store. Many of these items are open box, but the deals are still very good.

LINK:
http://www.stootsi.com/store/store.aspx Then, on the left side navigation, go to Chaos Bin

Highlights Include:

:360:
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Pink/Blue/Black - 29.99
Wireless Rockband Guitar 360 - 24.99
Les Paul 360 19.99

:ps3:
Les Paul PS3 24.99
Metal Gear Solid 4 Bluetooth Headset - 14.99
Memory Card Adapter - 3.99

:wii:
Les Paul Wii - 29.99
Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training - 9.99

:ds:
Guitar Hero: On Tour DS - 19.99
Guitar Hero: On Tour Special Edition DS Bundle - 124.99
Nintendo DS Starter Kit - 9.99

Shipping is usually a flat 6 but can vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos.stootsi.com

I got the MGS4 headset, only had $1 shipping. Came in the retail box with the cable, case and instructions. Had a partial Best Buy price sticker. Looked new to me, no signs of use.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']chaos.stootsi.com

I got the MGS4 headset, only had $1 shipping. Came in the retail box with the cable, case and instructions. Had a partial Best Buy price sticker. Looked new to me, no signs of use.[/QUOTE]

Well shit, good enough for me, I bought one!

the 3.99 ps3 memory adapter looked decent.. shipping is 4.95

still kinda expensive for something i'd use once! and this busted nyko 360 powerkit i got from thir gamer box fiasco still mocks me

i jumped on a mgs4 headset, but then i read the reviews... how do i cancel an order on stootsi?

Last edited by a moderator:
New items from Stootsi can be great deals.

Their "open box" items range from "looks and works absolutely immaculate and I don't think anyone's touched this before" to "Who ran this over with a tank before using it as a chew toy for their dog", and are much more risky. Yes, there is a very lenient 14 day return policy, but there is no guarantee the quality you'll be receiving (down to the fact it might just not work at all) so keep it in mind.

14 day warranty plus free return shipping if you dont like the condition. Not out anything so its worth a shot if you are interested in the item.

[quote name='zenintrude']i jumped on a mgs4 headset, but then i read the reviews... how do i cancel an order on stootsi? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='my2k2zx2']14 day warranty plus free return shipping if you dont like the condition. Not out anything so its worth a shot if you are interested in the item.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can figure something out.

Sorry about the link. Their return policy is spot-on. I once ordered a black wireless 360 controller and when it arrived it just appeared to be 'crusty.' No questions asked, they sent me a RMA and a shipping label. Got a full refund.

Well, I still have the $5 coupon from the whole Random PC game scandal. Now, do I buy the Wireless Rock Band Guitar, or the 1GB iPod Shuffle. The iPod is new surprisingly. Only $30.

Ordered a PS2/3 Memory Card Adapter, MGS4 Blu-Tooth and a Wireless 360 headset on Saturday, got them all on Monday. Then again I am in PA.

Not a fan of the MGS4 headset, very painful on the ear, low volume, however people can hear me rather well. Haven't tested the other 2 items yet.

speaking of stootsi chaos... lets have some fun!

- at 2pm on saturday (october 4th), i ordered a mgs4 bluetooth headset from stootsi.
- from 2 to 2:15, i read reviews of the headset and decided that i didn't want it.
- from 2:15 to 2:20, i looked for a cancel order link on stootsi and did not find one.
- at 2:26, i emailed stootsi support asking that my order be canceled:

Hello,

I would like to cancel my order #XXXXXXXXX for a Playstation 3 Metal Gear Solid Headset.

- Colin XXXXXXX

- at 3:04pm on tuesday (october 7th), stootsi support emailed me back with their response:

Colin-

Your item already shipped out to you, so we cannot cancel it.

- at 3:10, i responded:

Seriously?

I emailed you within 20 minutes of ordering the item, and you shipped it anyway? How does one cancel an order before it's shipped? Is this even possible?

Please let me know how I can return this item without having to pay for return shipping.

- Colin XXXXXXX

- at 3:12, they responded [note, misspelling is theirs not mine]:

Colin-

Honestly, cancelling an order after it's placed is very hard. We ship within minutes, and respond to email inquiries within 24 hours.

- today (october 8th), the package arrived.
- at 4:16pm, i sent this response:

Here's my problem(s) with what you have told me:

1. "We ship within minutes"
That's simply not true. I ordered the item on "Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 2:00 PM" as evidenced by my email receipt, and it was shipped out on "OCT 6 2008" as evidenced by the shipping sticker on the package (see attached picture).

2. "respond to email inquiries within 24 hours"
Also simply not true. I emailed stootsi support to cancel the order "Saturday, October 04, 2008 2:26 PM" as evidenced by my email records, and was responded to on "Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM," a full 3 days and 38 minutes later.

I will ask again, how can I return this item that I did not want at no cost to myself.

- Colin XXXXXXX

here is the attached image:

picture.php

comments? how can a company operate this way? geez...

Many companies print the shipping labels and prepare the packages to be shipped as soon as the item is ordered. Oct. 4th was a Saturday so it's likely the package was set to ship and then finally shipped out Oct. 6th The label would obviously say the 6th because you order mid afternoon Saturday thus no shipping until Monday...at least, that's what i got from this.

Yeah, it's frustrating but I had a similar experience with New Egg, and I think with lots of totally reputable internet stores, once you hit "buy" it's in the pipeline and you're going to have a tough time canceling. I've had better luck canceling Amazon orders soon after placing them, but I'd guess they are the exceptino rather than the rule.

[quote name='SynGamer']Many companies print the shipping labels and prepare the packages to be shipped as soon as the item is ordered. Oct. 4th was a Saturday so it's likely the package was set to ship and then finally shipped out Oct. 6th The label would obviously say the 6th because you order mid afternoon Saturday thus no shipping until Monday...at least, that's what i got from this.[/quote]

Yeah, that's more than likely the situation.

bread's done
Back