Stootsi doing another ADS?

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Looks like Stootsi is doing another ADS (their version of a Woot Off), as when you go to the page you're redirected to http://www.stootsi.com/ads.aspx and the items are only sticking around for 10-20 minutes.

Right now is a Rocketfish PSP USB/power cable for $3.99 + shipping.

(Edit: currently Xbox 360 HD-AV cable for $19.99 + shipping, open box)

Thanks! I love the current one...the phone is $180 and they are suggesting flipping it on eBay...but following their link shows tons of auctions closing at $150.

They've definitely got a deal going every 20 minutes...but so far every one of them has sucked balls. $15 PS2 S-Video cables, other generally useless accessories, etc.

$8.00 Nerf Controllers!!! Nothing to see here folks. Stootsi is still trying to move the stuff they couldn't get rid of during the first ADS.

$20 Mad Catz PS3 Wheel? Anyone?

Really... Hummm... can it be any USB mic? Or just something that comes with a game? With that little dongle thing near the end of the cord.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Anyone have one of those SanDisk players that would recommend getting it?[/quote]
The MP3 players? They're shit, mine constantly froze up, i fixed it a few times but this time it's stuck.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Really... Hummm... can it be any USB mic? Or just something that comes with a game? With that little dongle thing near the end of the cord.[/QUOTE]

It's "most"-- I can confirm the Boogie PS2 mic is identical to the PS3 Rock Band mic. However, the PS2 Singstar mics don't work particularly well on Rock Band (singing seems ok but they don't register when you have to hit the mic)..

The deals will probably get worse as the site gets more popular. I'm still very happy with the $48.99 xbox 360 network adapter that I scored on their first ADS. Their shipping is incredibly fast and their return policy seems like one of the most laid back I've ever seen.

It's really just a matter of YMMV. A lot of the deals are going to suck, but there are some gems. It's luck of the draw really.

They do offer some subscription/points cards which are worth it. I got a vision pack for $39.99 that was open box, but the sub card was still intact. Came with everything else inside too (point cards, camera, etc)

[quote name='morphineseason']The deals will probably get worse as the site gets more popular. I'm still very happy with the $48.99 xbox 360 network adapter that I scored on their first ADS. Their shipping is incredibly fast and their return policy seems like one of the most laid back I've ever seen.

It's really just a matter of YMMV. A lot of the deals are going to suck, but there are some gems. It's luck of the draw really.[/quote]

Speaking of which, that just came up. Not a bad deal, its just too bad that I don't have any use for it -- I made it a point to hard-wire everything, since the PS3 doesn't like my wireless network and there was no way I would shell out $100 for the wireless adapter (even $50 seems a little steep in the days of free-after-rebate wifi kits).

Now, a vision bundle, that I'd take.

I would've probably bit on this gaming headset (because it looks comfortable) had this sale been going on Friday, but my wife decided she NEEDED contact lenses to wear every now then that run for $75 an eye so I'm kinda tapped till payday.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I would've probably bit on this gaming headset (because it looks comfortable) had this sale been going on Friday, but my wife decided she NEEDED contact lenses to wear every now then that run for $75 an eye so I'm kinda tapped till payday.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been thinking about one of those, too...but I've spent enough on gaming and electronic toys this week. Its kind of a luxury item for someone who plays online a lot...and $20 for a headset when I already have one doesn't seem like a sound fiscal decision to me.

Although I am sure that they are quite nice for someone who plays online often.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I'm hoping for a rock band mic. I need one and I've seen them during this before. Here's to hoping![/QUOTE]

There it is. Mic for $10

[quote name='morphineseason']The deals will probably get worse as the site gets more popular. I'm still very happy with the $48.99 xbox 360 network adapter that I scored on their first ADS. Their shipping is incredibly fast and their return policy seems like one of the most laid back I've ever seen.

It's really just a matter of YMMV. A lot of the deals are going to suck, but there are some gems. It's luck of the draw really.[/quote]

An almost $50 network adapter is a deal? Something MS can build in for free? Sorry, no deal... I use the cable like most other gamers.

[quote name='heydanshere']scored 2 open box Wiimotes 29.99 + 3 shipping[/quote]

I just saw that... but they must've sold out the second i clicked 'buy now'. At least I scored a 20 gb hd for the 360 for 39.99 + 5 shipping earlier today... kinda regret not getting two now.

[quote name='Serpentor']An almost $50 network adapter is a deal? Something MS can build in for free? Sorry, no deal... I use the cable like most other gamers.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm not near my router and I don't feel like running wire all around my house. Guess I'm not like "most gamers". The network adapter retails for $100, so yes, it is a deal, despite whether it should have been built in or not. The positive side is that it works seamlessly with the 360 and it's extremely fast.

I bought a 512mb 360 memory card last time for about 15 shipped. It wasn't advertised in the deal but it was one that had Geometry Wars preloaded on it. It was a happy day.

[quote name='jazzchamp']$5 Xbox Remote. Not bad. I'd do it if I hadn't purchased a Harmony remote already.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I read this thread title as "Stootsi doing another AIDS?"[/quote]

buy one get your family for free?

God, I can't believe they're doing this again. I lost so much time last time they did it! Thankfully I can't do this for long this time - I'm out of college for summer and have a 8-4 job so I don't have time. I can't do it at work, because it's a government job where they can monitor what sites you look at. Damn! I'll keep one eye on it for today, but that's it.

bread's done
Back