STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
If shipping was free, I'd be all over it, but I don't think I want to pay $10 to potentially get something I have absolutely zero use for. $10 is more than "a meal at Micky D's." I don't know what McDonald's you're eating at. :p

I was extremely close to biting. Then I thought "It's ten bucks; there's lots of other things I can do with this money."

reminds me of a cartoon parody of a game show where a contestant is asked if he wants the boat behind screen 1, or to opt for the contents inside a mystery box behind screen #2

needless to say the box is chosen, and the result is
...unfortunate :)

I bit...$10 is a pretty fair deal considering that most games/accessories retail for at least $10. I figure worse case i get a $5 game and am out $5. Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all :D

If it wasn't 50-bones, I'd buy the platinum box just to see if it was indeed worth it. But alas, my money and I are way too close for me to separate that easily.

to get an idea of what may be in the boxes check out the stootsi store, i hope i get a wireless adapter for 360 in my gamer box

[quote name='callmesteam']bought a gamers box, and went halves on a platinum box... will do shitty unboxing video asap.[/quote]

awesome count me in on a reply video of my own unboxing...goodluck

i must've been one of the last people to get my order in. After checking out I tried to buy it again with another item and it said OOS. Oh well $10 isn't bad.

[quote name='chodax']I foresee lots of people receiving Big Lots type games.[/quote]

Sad but true...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just ahd lunch at Bertucci's for $8. I haven't been to a McDonald's in awhile but they must have jacked their prices.[/quote]

You obviously didn't have the Ultimate Bertucci. That's just wrong.

I, personally, won't bite on this. But I'm always interested in finding out what everyone else gets in these mystery boxes.

I would have got a box, but now its a mystery envelope. If it guaranteed something gaming, then maybe, but I think I'll pass.

[quote name='dcfox']Are you guys really buying a box of random stuff or do you somehow know what's going to be in it?[/QUOTE]

It is random because one person might get one thing while another will get something else.

[quote name='shadowkast']check past threads about these deals....its usually good shit worth more then $10[/quote]

Anyone have a link to one of these threads?

[quote name='evilmrhenry']I don't see that deal, only random games for $0.25 each, and a $15 box.

As for the titles, I believe Stootsi has an ebay presence under the name consumersolutions. (I bought some stuff from consumersolutions, and checkout was through stootsi.)
Take a look at their $0.01 auctions for an idea of what to expect.

http://stores.ebay.com/Computer-and...ystems_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7QQftidZ2QQtZkm[/QUOTE]

So either I'll get Bad Day LA...or GHIII

Im still considering, Im really wondering if people are actually buying the rock...

in for a gamers box. curiosity got the better of me this time, not having ever bought into one of these "random box o' stuff" things. and I'd much rather have the random thing be game-related than some garage-sale porcelain figurine.

yeah i also bought the gamer box just out of curiosity.for ten dollars i figure at least it will be Nintendo ds styles and even those are nice to have extra of.(they either have legs or the puppy like to have snacks)

According to a Stootsi rep posting in the comments section of various boxes: All the boxes and offers are available, but they go in and out of availability due to update issues within their website.

You can get a $1, $5 (gamer), $5 (non-gamer), $10, $25, or $50 (w/3-day money-back guarantee less shipping) box.

You can order as many as you'd like, but each and every one will be charged a separate shipping fee (you don't have to reorder under a different name, Robman).

I won't be partaking of this, but I will DEFINITELY be bookmarking this thread, so please post links to any and all unboxing videos or list content descriptions here when you start receiving them.

As many will attest, the best part of a BOC (under any name/site) is finding out what's inside, so sharing that will bring 90% of your enjoyment to the rest of us. Not that we'll be stealing your enjoyment and leaving you with a measly 10%, but we'll definitely get more enjoyment than most after seeing the crap that's living inside your boxes that you actually paid to get.

Oh, and Stootsi: the rock for $2.99 shipped is just plain stupid. It would have been much cooler to just say "add a rock with COA to any box order for only 99cent more". You know, like a super-size upgrade to that $8 nugget meal.

I bought a Gamer box and a Platinum box...almost bought the envelope too but they wanted $5 for shipping just for that. Not worth it to me...but I was close to getting it. I figure the platinum box sounded fun and I have some money that I really don't need right now so I might as well throw it at something fun. I bought a mystery box before at a store, and came away very delighted. The fun is opening the mystery box, it's like for those that collect baseball cards and so on, most of the fun is opening the packs and seeing who you got. That's the fun, not the actual value of what is inside. Atleast not to me.

Any chance I will get anything good for the Random PC game thing? I just got a 8800 GT... I might spend $10 on that.

Are there sign-up codes or should I just use Paypal?

Well it's random, maybe you get lucky, there's millions of pc games, who knows. They said it's not last week new as they said, but still. Could get something really good like a good shooter game perhaps or something bad like All American Girl (My girlfriend bought that game so thats why I mention that)

About to bite on 20-40 PC games for $5-$10 and a gamer box. It's like ****ing gashapons.

Still waiting to hear on sign-up codes or anything I should know.

[quote name='Hostile']About to bite on 20-40 PC games for $5-$10 and a gamer box. It's like ****ing gashapons.

Still waiting to hear on sign-up codes or anything I should know.[/quote]

You mean $105 - $210.....it's $5 PER game shipped. So it's $5.25 each game...no matter how many you buy.

I wanted a sign-up code or promo code, but I didin't want to wait and miss out.

"Sure, shipping is $5, but that was just to make it easier on us. Did you read the title? The part about no quantity limits? Um, yes that means you can buy 250 games for $62.50 and have it shipped for 5. Or buy 15 games for $3.75 and still have it shipped for $5."

Man I did not notice that....dang. I might have to get in on some ;) Thanks for clarifying hehe.

If I was guaranteed Rollercoaster Tycoon...I'd consider it. But I'll probably get something dumb.

Anyone knows what the Attention thing for your address is?

If it's for the delivery company, that would help. They never ring my door bell.

bread's done
Back