Stootsi-Turtle Beach X3 Wireless Headphones Xbox 360

I went for one. I am going to hook it up to my audio out on my TV, which is hooked up to my XBOX 360, Wii and PS3. Hopefully it will work for all three well.

IR frequency what is this 1998? Bluetooth is the next model coming, I'd hope.

Cheap deal though, down from $100.

[quote name='help1']They are a w00t.com competitor. They are legit.[/QUOTE]

Good enough for me. I'm in.

Checking the manual I found online, the headset's microphone connects similar to 360 headset, via a plug to the controller.

I am very happy with these headphones and have recommended them to a few friends that are equally impressed.

Nothing wrong with them being IR.

-Comfortable
-Pretty light weight
-Decent Bass boost
-Backgroud noise (low hum) is not bad

I paid 100 at best buy then found them for 80 at Sam's club. Not sure about refurbs but for $40 bucks i'd think about buying another set.

My 2 cents

[quote name='Mantooth']Nice price, but worried about them being "open box".[/QUOTE]

Im in myself but hear ya loud an clear ,first time I've bought myself but heard goodstuff about them on this site!

Actually just picked up the wired set from wallyland last night and at this price I figured I'd take the plunge for the wireless!

[quote name='diggs37']Actually just picked up the wired set from wallyland last night and at this price I figured I'd take the plunge for the wireless![/quote]

Does Walmart B&M carry this wireless model? They have them on their website, but I was wondering about in store.

[quote name='Mantooth']Does Walmart B&M carry this wireless model? They have them on their website, but I was wondering about in store.[/QUOTE]

I had to order online myself and did site to store~

I hope that these eventually come back on sale as I'm overbudgeted for this month. :cry: These look like exactly what I've been looking for.

Tempting but I have a pretty big fricken head. I'm afraid I'd crack it. I have Koss Stereophones in the same style and thank God for lifetime warranty, I'm on set number 4.

I'm really on the fence about this item, most especially because it is not HDMI friendly, not to mention Amazon already having the X4 headset listed for release in April. But $40 is a good price for these, hell, I almost bought the x2 for $40 a few months back!

These headsets can cause echo on LIVE.

I hate it when people have these on LIVE.

also - putting something already used on my ears is not something I will do.

[quote name='ICEPICC']These headsets can cause echo on LIVE.

also - putting something already used on my ears is not something I will do.[/quote]

i was unaware the herpes and aids were spread through ear contact

[quote name='ICEPICC']These headsets can cause echo on LIVE.

also - putting something already used on my ears is not something I will do.[/QUOTE]

I have only had echo once in the four months that I have used mine. I hear echo far more often from people turning the volume of their TV/surround sound system up to 11.

Well I gritted my teach and bought the headphones. I just hope they were not abused previously and work well. I do not enjoy returning items I have bought. Anymore user feedback would be appreciated. Peace.

The background noise on this drove me nuts, so had no choice but to return it when I bought it from Buy.com last year. If you can tolerate the background noise (there is no way to turn it off), then this headset is great.

Edit: I almost forgot, but yeah, as one of the above posters said, this headset can also cause an echo. I was able to correct it by moving the mic far from my mouth and headset, so unless you speak really low, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Hey guys just received my headphones recently. So far they sound absolutely great. The only time I was hearing the hissing noise was when the volume on the headset was down. Mine came shipped in its original packaging, with batteries, directions, and looked unused. Peace.

Got mine today, and they are so comfortable, now I gotta figure out how to hook them up without reverting to component cables from HDMI...
wondering whether or not I can find an alternate plug for these that will fit my receiver's headphone jack.

[quote name='dfo']Deal's dead.[/quote]

yah and basically you necroposted this and i thought it was a new stoosi (new deal everyday like woot) and i clicked the link only to find some stupid cable.

man i could have been rickrolled, i clicked that link with the greatest of intents to solve my current dillemma and now i cry harder inside.

First my lachesis(s) sucked and now im still looking for headphones.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

rickrolled? lachesis(s)?

[quote name='sovietspartan']yah and basically you necroposted this and i thought it was a new stoosi (new deal everyday like woot) and i clicked the link only to find some stupid cable.

man i could have been rickrolled, i clicked that link with the greatest of intents to solve my current dillemma and now i cry harder inside.

First my lachesis(s) sucked and now im still looking for headphones.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH[/quote]

I picked up the X3's the other day to replace some broken X2's. The only thing I dislike about the X3's is the hiss. Really only noticeable at low volume but, I don't remember it on the X2's. Other than the hiss they are fine.

bread's done
Back