Stopping "H*Commerce," or hacking commerce

traininvain

CAGiversary!
mcafee is trying to crack down on people making profit off of hacking and cybercrime, and is exposing popular hacking schemes and methods in a new web series (spear phishing, bluejacking, war driving, etc..).

via PC Mag:
On Tuesday, McAfee launched a new film series on cybercrime. Titled "H*Commerce: The Business of Hacking You", the series will be released in six parts, a new part every two weeks.

The episode released on Tuesday sets the stage with commentary from a variety of industry experts, among them Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and John Draper (aka Cap'n Crunch), inventor of phone phreaking.

Wozniak suggests that phone phreaks and true hackers have a strong ethic. "You aren't doing this to rip people off or make money," Wozniak said. "You're doing it to explore."

Draper points out that jailing hackers has had the unwanted side-effect of hooking them up with career criminals. "Once I got busted, I had to tell everybody else in jail how to do it," says Draper, "and then the cat's out of the bag. The next thing you know, the mob has this technology." Indeed most security pundits report that hacking and data theft are just like any other organized criminal businesses these days.

You can view the film segments as they're released at www.StopHCommerce.com. The site also offers resources to learn about cybercrime and online safety and lets visitors connect with McAfee's Criminal Response Unit, a free service that will help people stay protected or report a cybercrime. In addition the site will allow visitors to post information about their own cybercrime experiences.

i'm doing some work on this campaign. what do you guys think? how do you all feel about "white hat" hacking vs. black hat hacking?

[quote name='traininvain']Draper points out that jailing hackers has had the unwanted side-effect of hooking them up with career criminals. "Once I got busted, I had to tell everybody else in jail how to do it," says Draper, "and then the cat's out of the bag. The next thing you know, the mob has this technology." Indeed most security pundits report that hacking and data theft are just like any other organized criminal businesses these days.[/QUOTE]

Once the government figures out black people are committing these crimes, prosecution and punishment will go through the fuckin' ceiling.

Go ahead, tell me I'm joking. I dare you.

[quote name='mykevermin']Once the government figures out black people are committing these crimes, prosecution and punishment will go through the fuckin' ceiling.

Go ahead, tell me I'm joking. I dare you.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda convinced that if black people didn't commit murder, it wouldn't be illegal.

bread's done
Back