Strange Computer Question

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Just started tonight, but my mouse is not registering every click. For instance, I have to click links a few times to get them to work, same thing with icons on the desktop. Sometimes it does register first time, sometimes not. Any ideas?

What kind of mouse? If it's the old roller-ball type, take the ball out and clean the roller contacts. If it's an optical, get a new mouse.

It is optical. It is mildly old. Want to make sure it couldn't be some sort of problem with spyware or something running the background. I ran AdAware and found nothing unusual.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Does this mouse use batteries or need charging? That could be one issue. Did it just start doing this?[/QUOTE]

No batteries needed and just started.

I had an optical trackball that I used for the last few years. It suddenly developed the same symptoms you are describing. I think the contacts under the mouse buttons probably just wore out over time. I lived with the problem for a few days, then just switched to another mouse.

I had a mouse that I used so much I broke the wires. I just cut off like 4 inches near the mouse and resoldered them.

Sounds like a software deal. Did you reboot the computer, or have you downloaded or added any new programs recently?

bread's done
Back