strange paypal question

scudnmuff

CAGiversary!
Hi,
I would like to know that people think of this . I sold come comics on E-bay, and they sold. the buyer has 100% feedback, but only 4 so far. well I send the invoice and an e-mail. I recieve this message a day later,

"Good morning, I am sorry not to respond on time had computer
problems. I am w/paypal. You are welcome to request your payment
thrue them. Thank you have a splendid day."

Has anyone heard of paypla doing this, or paypal even paying for thier employee's. I will give him a few more day and then file for a unpaid item dispute. I usually give people between 7 to 14 days to pay. I just thought this was strange. anyone know Paypal's address to contact them about this.

I think his/her English is bad and they're trying to tell you that their e-mail is registered through Paypal and if you want them to pay you using that method you should send a request on Paypal to their e-mail address.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I think his/her English is bad and they're trying to tell you that their e-mail is registered through Paypal and if you want them to pay you using that method you should send a request on Paypal to their e-mail address.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks..I did that

yeah unless you think he's a scammer, because most of them have horrible english. And I don't think he meant he's working for paypal.

[quote name='KSHLove']yeah unless you think he's a scammer, because most of them have horrible english. And I don't think he meant he's working for paypal.[/QUOTE]

Well, if he is a scammer, I do delivery confirmation, and insurace on my items. So it will be harder to scam, He just may decide not to pay, but that will open up a dispute. I will give him of the benefit of the doubt. Another question , with paypal money request, does paypal charge for the request itself. I am asking becuase it says pending. I am not sure why it would be pending unless it waiting for payment. I also re sent the e-bay invoice. Thanks everyone fo the advice.

[quote name='scudnmuff']Well, if he is a scammer, I do delivery confirmation, and insurace on my items. So it will be harder to scam, He just may decide not to pay, but that will open up a dispute. I will give him of the benefit of the doubt. Another question , with paypal money request, does paypal charge for the request itself. I am asking becuase it says pending. I am not sure why it would be pending unless it waiting for payment. I also re sent the e-bay invoice. Thanks everyone fo the advice.[/quote]

they don't charge for requesting money, but they charge commission after receiving the payment. And I think it's pending because the buyer is sending money from their bank account. Otherwise, if they had money, credit/debit in their account the transaction would've went through immediately.

bread's done
Back