Strange Shipping Request

iamsmart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I wanted to reach out for advice on a recent situation I came across that I've never dealt with in my years on ebay... I'd look for an answer myself but I'm not quite sure how to properly phrase the issue.

Last night I sold an item on ebay. A few minutes after the sale I recieved a message from the buyer saying "this is for a customer: please do not include an invoice or any references to ebay." I checked their profile and noticed that they had thousands of feedback as a buyer, but none as a seller.

I've heard of this before (and if I recall it happened to me once): someone will sell an item, then buy it from someplace cheaper and just have it directly forwarded to their buyer. The whole thing seems douchey and I personally don't like having my address used for this guy's own sales, but if it is allowed then I really have no choice. So the question is: is it allowed? Can I/should I go through with this transaction?

I'm pretty sure I've dealt with the buyer in question. They have something like 60K feedback, right? 

If that's the buyer, then what he/she is doing is not against eBay ToS. I sold an item to them a month ago and haven't had any issues with them. They're a service company that forwards items to international buyers. The reason they don't have you put any references to eBay on the outside is probably to avoid customs fees (if customs sees eBay, then they'll know it was a purchased good). 

You're thinking of drop shipping, where the seller lists something with a low price but high shipping cost and doesn't buy the item until they get an order in. I think eBay disallowed that... 

I wanted to reach out for advice on a recent situation I came across that I've never dealt with in my years on ebay... I'd look for an answer myself but I'm not quite sure how to properly phrase the issue.

Last night I sold an item on ebay. A few minutes after the sale I recieved a message from the buyer saying "this is for a customer: please do not include an invoice or any references to ebay." I checked their profile and noticed that they had thousands of feedback as a buyer, but none as a seller.

I've heard of this before (and if I recall it happened to me once): someone will sell an item, then buy it from someplace cheaper and just have it directly forwarded to their buyer. The whole thing seems douchey and I personally don't like having my address used for this guy's own sales, but if it is allowed then I really have no choice. So the question is: is it allowed? Can I/should I go through with this transaction?

Yeah, you can proceed with the transaction. It's called "drop shipping" when you don't have the item and order from someone who does. Some folks do this on occasion when they have an inventory issue, others do this as a business model, although they usually won't rely on random small sellers (not sure of your status).

The few I've dealt with were not an issue, If item is touchy from a potential SNAD, just make sure you comply with all posting and Paypal requirements.

Best of luck.

TMG

[SIZE=medium]Drop shipping! That’s the term I was looking for. Yeah I just checked ebay’s site and saw it was allowed, though now I kind of want to pack the box with a bunch of crumpled invoices.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks guys![/SIZE]

bread's done
Back